"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 05:01:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: need a better fonline game  (Read 8482 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: need a better fonline game
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 01:54:27 pm »

He's not new either, he says he made BBs like the old patch.

I'm not claiming there's no learning curve, I'm saying that a returning player saying he can not craft 1 gun in 6 hours must be using hyperbole.

If he has really used those 6 hours armed with a sledgehammer, standing next to a rock, endlessly hamemring away at it and hasn't managed to get enough together to make 1 10mm pistol then fair enough, I just think it's pretty unlikely.

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

avv

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »

I also think the factions, when they eventually get up and running, wil be an easy place for new comers to exist and learn the fundamentals.

That would be great. No matter where you spawn, you would have someone telling you what to do. That's what some people settle for, having someone to tell them what to do and accomplishing those demands.

But srsly, Stration had a point when he said that devs could play abit. It's actually pretty ballsy thing to say to a dev, but honestly something what many players think in the ape community. If there ever comes a situation in server that the gameplay starts to settle in a stable course and updates or constant developing isn't required you could try it. See the world how we players see it. Do what we do. No matter how much we describe our ingame expereriences it's nothing compared to actual gaming.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2012, 02:02:28 pm »

I don`t think that asking for some changes is the best and the easiest solution.
If you (we) want to have more people on server, you (we) should behave that way.
Helping new people: explaining them how the current system work, getting them hides for his first tent, telling him how to get his stuff is currently the ONLY way how to get more players IMO. But that has to be done in game not on forum.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 02:12:11 pm »

Ha, what an unusal way of replying to someone agreeing with you.
I really don't think your views coincide with mine.

I am not quite ready yet to provide a comprehensive answer as to why, but let me share one long-time observation of mine with you.

There is no division between easy and hard things in online games. The two categories are, rather than that, easy and impossible, where easy can be broken down into time-consuming easy and non-time-consuming easy, and impossible can be divided into only possible when cheating and outright impossible.

In addition to that, things can be divided into enjoyable and not enjoyable.

For players to welcome any change, the change has to introduce something that is 1) enjoyable; 2) not outright impossible.

Nearly all the changes that have been recently introduced qualify as changing the status of things from enjoyable to not enjoyable, and, more often than not, from non-time-consuming to time-consuming. Also, many things have been made impossible for loners.

Therefore, especially granted that many things that worked before now no longer work, there really is hardly any tendency to exaggerate present in the complaint threads that many players have started recently.

The bottom line: no changes > changes for the worse.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2012, 02:44:22 pm »

Of course you miss the fact that some complain no matter what happens.

Like I say, it still needs work, but people have complained about every system. People will complain about every future system, I have no doubt.

Some of it is valid, some of it isn't. We've never wanted advanced stuff everywhere, that is our design choice. Its just taking a while for that to get nearer reality :p
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2012, 03:10:03 pm »

Ha, what an unusal way of replying to someone agreeing with you. Kudos.

Tell you what, just for you, I'm going to stop working on the game, allocate myself 5 hours, no, 6 hours, and see if I can craft a gun in that time to confirm/disprove my hypothesis that that claim was hyperbole!  ::)

oh crap this game will truly become "hello kity" after the next update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2012, 03:43:12 pm »

He's not new either, he says he made BBs like the old patch.

I'm not claiming there's no learning curve, I'm saying that a returning player saying he can not craft 1 gun in 6 hours must be using hyperbole.

If he has really used those 6 hours armed with a sledgehammer, standing next to a rock, endlessly hamemring away at it and hasn't managed to get enough together to make 1 10mm pistol then fair enough, I just think it's pretty unlikely.

I was a power player, i know all old "dirty tricks" and i say it now, the game is too difficult for newcomers. I tried to play like one. The first huge obstacle i noticed is new buffed npc encounters, they have too many hps for simple broken(newbs) alts, crafters, etc. They do too much dmg, do too many critical hits ( mostly unarmed npcs which makes 1 hex bursting troublesome since They have more than 100 hp, they can withstand the first burst and crit knock you down the next sec). They are a pain in the ass for newbs while powerbuilds deal with them in 5 sec, since it was the only easy source of tier1 guns, we are made dig and craft tier1 weapons and ammo, and here it starts again. U have to "waste" hours, walk from mine to mine just to get 20 ore and minerals, some people said they always find 400 ore. Dunno how they do it, I swear that i have never found more than 20 at once, I had to waste time, look for ore just to craft a gun that was lost in the next encounter, and this is the most frustrating thing. ( its wasting time and most people dont like to do it, its not fun ) Im not even gonna talk about sneak which is absurd in multiplayer game ( i made 1 sneak acc just to see how it works out, and im 100% sure its overpowered), but leaving the gecko or broken hills mine with 20 ore after 1 wasted hour of traveling the wasteland, runnig away from encounters, players etc. just to be killed by an invisible sneaker is not even harsh, its radiculous. U said that trade is broken and will be fixed in the near future so i leave this bullshit for the time being.

Lets make it clear, i know how to lvl up from 1 to 24 in a few hours, sigh I can set up a bot and the acc will be ready the next morning, its not a problem, i know how to dual log to transfer stuff from 1 acc to another, I can buy a base myself etc. so all trolls like yoy( should have been banned for trolling) can quiet down.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:49:34 pm by Killy »

avv

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 04:27:02 pm »

But it has been said at least twice that buffed encounters are only temporary.

Besides there are still easy encounters from which you can get gear. Kill farmers near klamath and you get more ammo than you spend.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:30:10 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2012, 04:35:14 pm »

ok , lets sum it up

encounters will be changed
trade will be changed
propably cows and slaves carry weight will be changed ( no more oh i digged up 400 ore ) - means crafting will be changed
TC will be changed

so what this wipe was about ? and what was it for ?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2012, 07:18:01 pm »

But it has been said at least twice that buffed encounters are only temporary.

The only ones that had their HP increased were BoS, Enclave, VC Patrol, Hub Patrol, Mutants - ie Encounters new players shouldn't have a hope in hell of beating anyway. There are very few NPCs with over 100 HP. All the others are exactly as they were before.

What is true is that human encounters give tiny xp for the effort they take compared to head shotting a molerat.

encounters will be changed
trade will be changed
propably cows and slaves carry weight will be changed ( no more oh i digged up 400 ore ) - means crafting will be changed
TC will be changed

They will be changed and we'll have something better at the end of it. I lost count of the amount of times I had people whine about timeouts - when this is calibrated correctly you'll have something where you can generally turn up and get a decent amount, sometimes be unlucky, sometimes be lucky. Without any timeouts.

Trading hasn't yet been fixed to be what it should have been.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2012, 07:48:55 pm »

Free tent in the beginning wouldn't hurt.

I suggested this a long time ago and still think it will make a good difference.

Wow ok are u realy this stupid or u just trolling? I seriously think your trolling now lol I never said anything about u crafting or anything. I don't care how u play the game or your magic secret upon getting pvp gear. I'm talking about the most obvious way to obtain gear....crafting...can't craft when the safe mines are empty and the un safe ones are to risky and or far away. A free tent would be realy nice but I think changing the mining to be more mmorpg friendly would be the best thing imo. Now please stop spamming this thread with ur idiotic rage. Please grow up and realize when your bullshit is not needed <3

Your grammar and spelling are so retarded that it's not obvious what you say.

Cause even more serious, dedicated people than yourself say this cant be done... they suggest joining a clan and crafting a bit first (there we go, thats your first alt right there) before doing anything else.

HAHAhahahhaahha
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:00:40 pm by yoz »
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2012, 07:52:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure those series of quests were near completion, just need Gunduz to resurface ;)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2012, 08:28:01 pm »

oh crap this game will truly become "hello kity" after the next update

You mean like the last wipe and the wipe before?
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2012, 09:24:33 pm »

bring back crafting/mining timers! right there most noob problems will be solved

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2012, 09:32:07 pm »

We've just come through years (literally) of moaning about them, so no!

I think the amount spawned is actually reasonable, (I know it is - I see how much is being spawned) but its not being equally distributed, hence some people having trouble.

Like I say, perhaps cows and slaves being able to take so much is a problem, the same people are clearing the place out, or perhaps its just a case of needing to spawn less but more often to spread it out. Anyway, we'll get there you just have to adjust your expectations about the speed of progress to account for the fact that the people who are needed to change things can't always be active.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 17 queries.