"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 08:55:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: need a better fonline game  (Read 8508 times)

need a better fonline game
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:44:24 pm »

ok im just gonna say it...this game sucks ass...i have just waisted the past almost 6 hours of my life attemtping to get a single gun. i ask on fourms people say "well do the vc/bh/bos encounters and loot what they kill" well yea 6 hours in and i got 1 hunting rifle with 10 rounds...well to bad im a sg burster. i used the encounter finder and everything and still nothing good. 98% of the time u dont even get npc VS npc and if u do they loot everything.

so i tried making bbs like the old patch...well npcs dont buy bbs.....tried mining to make ammo...theres no ore...i mean are they fucking with us on purpose or do they purposly want to kill this game? how in the fck do u expect a new player to come here and stay more then an hour when there is no action cuz u cant even obtain the basics of gears.

well besides that rant the question is, does anybody know of a better server to play? u know somthing thats actualy fun? i knew there was one awhile ago...ummm reqruim i believe? but please let me know cuz im not gonna waste my time punching pig rats to death just so i can get to lvl 3

Pryszczu666

• "And if you gaze for long, into an abyss..."
    • Fonline: Wasteland 2155
Re: need a better fonline game
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:00:01 am »

Cry me a river, boy wasteland is harsh learn how to survive, it's not hello kitty online if You didn't know that already...

ToxiCAVE

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:03:22 am »

this is solar idea...nerf all so new players will leave this serv after 1day ;]

Elvis

• Blue Suede Shoes!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 12:04:05 am »

yeah, I agree in some degrees, The Devs don't "market" the game to new players very well. and its very hard for news players, since cheating is rampant and never address is serious.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 12:06:12 am »

The Lost Children help all.
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:06:47 am »

@MyGunYourHead: can I be your Master Joda? :D

Swarm

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 12:08:52 am »

If you are looking for other servers, they are primarily Russian players. The life after MK2 is fun I played that for a while and requiem. Very few people speak English and its mainly Russian on these servers. To do some of the quests and stuff in these games you well need to play with somebody who can translate some of the stuff if you want to get any ware.

Reqiuem has more pvp I believe, Life After MK2 is max level 36 and PvP is not all that interesting.

They should have done an open beta first before releasing this, but you know what can you do. You know there is people who advocate making resources limited and items impossible to get and they gave in to these peoples request and this is what we got.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 12:17:53 am »

GENTLEMEN CAN SOME ONE PLEASE SHOW ME HOW TO GET BACK ON FONLINE

IM DOING IT ALL FROM THE postwipe to the downloads of new versions !! theres something im not doing please help me

i need a step by step for the latest version PLEASE FELLOW FOLNINEONS DAMMIT !!!!

loganwaffle@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 12:22:43 am »

i just realy want to love this game as much as i do fallout its self lol its just frustrating when after hours and hours and i have not made a single bit of progress. i realy dont know what to do lol
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 12:32:54 am »

Try to mine up north, there are generally ores there, also it seems as though you were on at a peak time which definitely effects how much you can mine and if the mines are depleted are not, the server is starting to slow down and now is a better time than earlier.  If your an SG burster I advise looking for patrols that use the grease gun and try a few, hopefully someone will die and drop one and the ammo is easy as hell to craft for faster leveling.  (Cant remember the groups that drop it off the top of my head but I believe there are 1-2 groups near redding/den that do.

Do the quests, if your not a low ch powerbuild you can get quite a few for the first 2-3 levels and a few items (especially the HUB-gunrunners quest in oldtown, that will give you lots of ammo or some ammo and a blueprint)

When you have a grease gun go kill brahmin near modoc and get yourself a sexy tent.

Gather more shit
????
Profit.

Also don't think you are making no progress, if you die and gained 100 xp, it was a success early on.

Also it might help if you post your build so we can say if it's not really even worth leveling up
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:35:59 am by Slaver Snipe »

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 02:07:20 am »

this is solar idea...nerf all so new players will leave this serv after 1day ;]
I have a bit of faith in Solar idea, but yes its screw new comers
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 02:17:09 am »

Dude i have tried to told about this problem for the last 2 weeks. Devs or whoever changes ecounters, trade and  crafting system is cuting a branch off a tree while he is sitting on it. people talk about TC, perks and so on while the game is too difficult for "newbs" and they stop playing after few hours. Old hardcore players will eventually stop playing it, while new players delete the game in the first day. I also tried to play as a loner this season and without "know how" and many wasted hours ( exping alts) u will end up being killed time after time.

I said that i cannot find ore and minerals just to craft a f***ing 10mm pistol ( cuz a *genius* made newbs suffer and u need 1 aloy 5 mp) , but ofc its my fault b/c there is always tons of ore in San fran mine or somewhere else at the end of the world. They buffed npc encounters to the point where i must run away every single time i see them and im 14 lvl now ( no free 1 tier guns for begginers, waste time, die walking from one guarded mine to another, go to the other ones where sneakrs are waiting just to craft 100 ammo and the 10mm pistol that u are gonna lose in the next 3 encounters).

Doing most of the quest is impossible since sneakers no lifes  in new reno or den are waiting for bluesuits just to steal the suitcase lol ( its not a real problem, wasteland is harsh after all).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 02:39:42 am »

yep i tried again and same crap...guess im gonna try an unarmed character....gonna be boring as hell but maybe ill actualy get some guns.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 02:53:26 am »

>ok im just gonna say it...this game sucks ass...
Perfect start to let people take you serious.

>i have just waisted the past almost 6 hours of my life attemtping to get a single gun.
this is too good.

>well yea 6 hours in and i got 1 hunting rifle with 10 rounds...well to bad im a sg burster.
You were like lvl 3? That means your char can't even have perks that lets him stand out as burster such as Bonus Ranged Damage etc. So what the matter with another small gun?
No experience ingame, can't get loot after 6 hours, ranting about difficulty, but you're smart enough to know which is the best weapon?

>tried mining to make ammo...theres no ore...
respawns every few minutes. you spend 6 hours on running around in encounters, why didnt you wait 5 min in a quarry?

>i mean are they fucking with us on purpose or do they purposly want to kill this game? how in the fck do u expect a new player to come here and stay more then an hour when there is no action cuz u cant even obtain the basics of gears.
We have enough guys, and those who noob around 6 hours just to rage-post on forum dont need to stay.

>well besides that rant the question is, does anybody know of a better server to play? u know somthing thats actualy fun?
Try TLA ;)

>i knew there was one awhile ago...ummm reqruim i believe?
Believe me, in terms of beginning, 2238 is one of the "easy" ones.

>mosh kid animated gif sig
 :D :D :D :D :D

Now seriously. Here's a link: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=17910.0 try some of them, but please don't ragepost nonesense here again.

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 02:59:33 am »

my best advice is make this character.
5st 6pe 10en 1ch 6in 10ag 1lk
tag small guns, first aid, outdoorsman
traits: fast shot, bonehead

perks: lvl3 adrenaline rush, lvl6, toughness, lvl9 even tougher, lvl 12 lifegiver, lvl15 man of steel, lvl18, bonus rate of fire, lvl21 lifegiver, lvl24 lifegiver

go to junktown near the mine and collect flint off the ground. build primitive tools and go mine. you can get junk to the northeast in the ruined city. build a 10mm pistol or shotgun and ammo. kill brahmin south of the hub and build a tent in the area. get a few lvls on mantis and such in the area. go to location 27:45 to encounter regulators fighting wilders ect. focus all damage on a regulator that is using a smg. loot body and leave map. now you have a grease gun. disassemble the metal armor to get metal parts and alloys to craft and trade whatever. now you can one hex burst regulators with the grease gun. farm ammo, grease guns and material to create an weapon cache at your tent. to make .45 ammo it only takes 2 gunpowder and 1 junk. craft some ammo and head west of ncr before you get to the desert and one hex burst tough molerats for 300 a kill. now you are a real wastelander.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.