"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 08:38:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: need a better fonline game  (Read 8503 times)

JovankaB

Re: need a better fonline game
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 09:32:29 am »

I farm alot and travel the worldmap and see constantly names I've never seen before.

New names doesn't mean it's new players ;) But yes, there are many new players with this wipe.
And soon most of them will be gone, I'm afraid.

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 09:33:33 am »

If you played fallout 1 or fallout 2 you should be able to blend in fonline. If you need help with some weapons and ammo just pm me and I will give you some. After that go hunt molerats near NCR (north and west) and when you reach higher level you can hunt centaurs,aliens,floaters... You can always find ore in other mines and unguarded ones (there is rarely anyone there).

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 09:55:13 am »

You made a lot of stupid assumptions along the way. I already said I don't craft. I chose to play alone this session.

The game is broad and deep enough for anyone to be able to play however they like. You are a spoiled idiot because instead of coming up with a solution you whine and moan that the game is hard.

The only noobs that leave are the too stupid to figure it out and/or too spoiled to put an effort into figuring it out. I'm not against that because it shakes off people like you and improves the quality of the player base.

The only thing more entertaining than a retard has got to be a retard that calls others retards.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 09:56:43 am »

New players will leave because they can't get max level and highest tier in a couple of hours? I don't think so.

Judging from how half the people say there's loads of resources and half say there's hardly any, I think it might be an issue with people having the ability to clear mines with too much carryweight.

Traders working properly would also help with making low tier stuff easily available.

Would be good to get the series of starter quests where you can get a temp house, so you have a place to store stuff straight away.

Once you get established its still easy enough to survive, so long as your not expecting huge amounts of high tier stuff for no effort.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

avv

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 09:58:20 am »

Free tent in the beginning wouldn't hurt. In the end it doesn't matter how easy it is to get some beginner stuff, it has no value anyway. Tagging sg might aswell give you 10 sawed off shotguns and 1000 ammo, as long as they don't have any value in shop. Make the gun be unable to do aimed shots so no need to fear crippler trollers.
Seriously, nubs can be babysitted by the game, they can be nursed and patted on the head, kissed, hugged and spoken softly to. We players can make each others lives harsh enough, as long as there are ways to meet each other.

If you played fallout 1 or fallout 2 you should be able to blend in fonline.

Wouldn't count on that. Didn't NMA-fallout members basically ragequit fonline instantly?

In fallout 1 and 2 you're the center of the gameplay and the game is designed to serve the player. Unlike in fonline.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 10:04:58 am »

First time I played fonline it wasn't anything strange and unknown because I played both fallout games. So it was really easy to figure out how fonline works. That's what I meant to say

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 10:09:48 am »

i was going to mention starting with a tent would make people stay i bet. i would also be nice to start with a gun of some sort. it would bring the fallout 1 feel to the game where you start with a few caps, a gun, bit of ammo and a knife. certainly right now, the starting items in your inventory are nearly completely useless. you are a wastelander and you are carrying a flower? c'mon...
you know they(new players) are going to basically instantly lose the gun anyhow in seconds. at least they can get a maybe a lvl so there is some feel of hope for the future of their gaming experience ya know.
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 10:27:05 am »

You made a lot of stupid assumptions along the way. I already said I don't craft. I chose to play alone this session.

The game is broad and deep enough for anyone to be able to play however they like. You are a spoiled idiot because instead of coming up with a solution you whine and moan that the game is hard.

The only noobs that leave are the too stupid to figure it out and/or too spoiled to put an effort into figuring it out. I'm not against that because it shakes off people like you and improves the quality of the player base.

The only thing more entertaining than a retard has got to be a retard that calls others retards.

Wow ok are u realy this stupid or u just trolling? I seriously think your trolling now lol I never said anything about u crafting or anything. I don't care how u play the game or your magic secret upon getting pvp gear. I'm talking about the most obvious way to obtain gear....crafting...can't craft when the safe mines are empty and the un safe ones are to risky and or far away. A free tent would be realy nice but I think changing the mining to be more mmorpg friendly would be the best thing imo. Now please stop spamming this thread with ur idiotic rage. Please grow up and realize when your bullshit is not needed <3
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 10:38:13 am »

Wait wait what?

You are a loner. You dont craft. You do PvP.

Well unless you are cheating somehow I assume that by PvP you mean "I stay hidden in map corners and burst people when they enter the map" or some similar PKing (not PvPing) bull-sh*t.

Cause even more serious, dedicated people than yourself say this cant be done... they suggest joining a clan and crafting a bit first (there we go, thats your first alt right there) before doing anything else.

Newbs too stupid or spoiled to come up with a solution? Wait what? You know what makes a game succesful right? Not giving stuff out (for example Raiding in WoW at TBC was really hard and that was the whole reward) but being playable.

FOnline doesnt just start harsh, it starts absurdly difficult. You die so easily in this game and thats ok if you are a melee or unarmed character. But if you are a BG/EW/SG then it means that to craft weapons you need to mine. You spend time mining and crafting ONLY TO LOSE EVERYTHING IN THE NEXT ENCOUNTER!

At first levels you die from BRAHMIN! And all you have is your 10m gun or bb gun while the raging 2 headed bulls eat you up! So yea its one thing to be harsh and another to be pointlesly difficult.

What Solar says could work. Have a small starter area with the crafting gun quest (that is now not actually working due to the lady asking different things than what the gun is made off!) from Boneyard, a quest for gathering hides easily (there is a wild group of brahmin in mah field shitting all over the place, go kill them!) and a quest that has them do some basic game stuff and giving enough XP to get them to level 2 (some mining, some crafting, some dialogues, some killing).

That way there is a sense of protected accomplishment while at the same time they get a feel of the game itself and a few HP and stuff to push them forward. All this they can store in their new tent without much worrying...

You can even make it "tag" specific. BG gets the weakest Big Gun, SG gets a 10mSMG, EW gets a laser pistol, Unarmed gets spiked knuckles etc in a quantity of 3 to 5 so he can have the opportunity to die without losing everything.

Overall I really do hope the above (based on what Solar said) is implemented... so that you dont up giving the advise to new players.

"First play an unarmed build that MUST BE like this. After you collect some stuff and gear THEN make the character you want to actually play and transfer the goods to him via dual logging or fast logging..."

Unless off course if using such methods IS the aim and what is expected from the devs...
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 11:00:18 am »

Amazingly put! U just explained all of my frustrations in one post lol and now that I read ur ideas and such I think there should just be a whole little noob area like a little added in camp to the world map and maybe like 1 or 2 block the have nothing but giant ratsto help u get ur first few levels and help get used to the real time combat.oh! And it should be like right outside a vault or somthing so it looks like that's where ya came or somthing lol anyways I know this idea is a bit to along the lines of most mmorpgs and being the ordinary just isn't fallout.....but it would help new players rather then dropping them off in a random spawn with no sence of direction lol
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:34:03 pm by Graf »

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:40 pm »

if you cannot make any progress after HOURS of playing, there is probably no hope for you.
This quote constitutes the one and only reply that people such as the OP should get.

I'm serious here.

If you cannot even get a pistol after hours of playing, FOnline2238 is simply not for you. You will never come to enjoy this game. Especially now that every single aspect of it has been largely ruined. Do yourself a favor and uninstall the game.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:04:12 pm by Stration »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 01:16:41 pm »

Yes, I'm working on the basis that a lot of hyperbole has been used in complaints ... otherwise I doubt their ability to have actually turned their computer on and typed the message :P

I also think the factions, when they eventually get up and running, wil be an easy place for new comers to exist and learn the fundamentals.

But lets be clear, new players aren't coming on wanting instant top tier gear and max level ... there is no reason for a new player to log in and expect that. They want to make a little progress without being reset to zero al the time, they want to gain a few levels without dying 100 times, they want content, they want to meet a few people. The way we are set up now isn't particularly new player friendly - but we can still get better at those things without losing the harshness of the higher levels.

This season is going to be a bit of an odd one, becuase we are still going to be closing economy loopholes throughout it. Some people will benefit, some will lose out - but, the hope would be that we get to a place where next wipe we have an apropriate rate of gain for things, high tech is high tech and all gangs have an equal start (stopping TC working for the first few days seems like an obvious thing too).

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 01:28:32 pm »

Yes, I'm working on the basis that a lot of hyperbole has been used in complaints ...
Dear Solar, please try and actually play the game you are one of the leading developers of, and let's see what your This game is broken/too harsh thread, which you will undoubtedly start after a few hours of playing, will look like, and how strong your tendency to exaggerate things when writing it will be.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:30:52 pm by Stration »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 01:38:33 pm »

Dear Solar, please try and actually play the game you are one of the leading developers of, and let's see what your This game is broken/too harsh thread, which you will undoubtedly start after a few hours of playing, will look like, and how strong your tendency to exaggerate things when writing it will be.

Ha, what an unusal way of replying to someone agreeing with you. Kudos.

Tell you what, just for you, I'm going to stop working on the game, allocate myself 5 hours, no, 6 hours, and see if I can craft a gun in that time to confirm/disprove my hypothesis that that claim was hyperbole!  ::)

JovankaB

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2012, 01:42:34 pm »

You have much more knowledge about the game than a new player (who doesn't even have to know Fallout 1/2).
So it would prove nothing anyway :)

Although I suppose even you don't know all the game quirks and dirty tricks FOnline powerplayers have in their arsenal.

The problem is steep learning curve and the fact that the game doesn't help much here. Not that it's too difficult.
People are thrown in the middle of harsh world with very little hints what to do.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:47:05 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 27 queries.