"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 08:46:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: need a better fonline game  (Read 8507 times)

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
Re: need a better fonline game
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2012, 09:39:22 pm »

with mining it seems more like an alting issue. carry weight alts being able to haul 150lbs. i've read multiple times of people doing this.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2012, 09:44:01 pm »

Good point, that's a lot harder to solve because we have no effective way of stopping them, outside of something like making carry weight gain less at higher strength (and I can hear the whine about nerfs now - listen to how much they whine even when everything is actually being relaxed/boosted!).
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2012, 09:56:41 pm »

wel realy its still on a timer but now u have a chance not to get anything at all lol maybe add ores into encounters?

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2012, 10:09:13 pm »

I think that noobies should be motivated to meet other noobies.

Why? During VSB recruting of newbies, we realized that is better to put together 2, 3 or more newbies, give them special mumble channel and let them play their game, rather then force them to get knowledge we have or to force them to play by our way. They developed their skills and soon or later they joined our main channel and our play. => They stay in game.

How? (Sorry for another suggestion  ::) ). I imagine similar mechanism to "TC windows," so there could exist concentration of players with same needs and desire on one place at same time. Newbies need basic stuff, basic resources, some caps, so why not create at some guarded place merchant, that would give them almost for free this basic stuff in exchange of very common items. But instead of basic merchants, this would have open only two times per ingame day. The purpose is not only give them basic stuff.. it is more simple to loot it anywhere else, but purpose is to put them together so hopefully they could later create faction and stay in game, or at least they could create relationships with other players. And also, every newbie that dont know how to start this game could be sended to that place, giving him best chance to meet similar player.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:11:20 pm by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2012, 10:17:19 pm »

wel realy its still on a timer but now u have a chance not to get anything at all lol maybe add ores into encounters?

its not a new timer really though, because you can still gather other things like fibers and junk. dont forget without tagging science, you can dismantle weapons and armor to get metal parts and alloys.

Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2012, 10:52:27 pm »

Bring back old Town-Control system.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2012, 10:57:27 pm »

We've just come through years (literally) of moaning about them, so no!

I think the amount spawned is actually reasonable, (I know it is - I see how much is being spawned) but its not being equally distributed, hence some people having trouble.

Like I say, perhaps cows and slaves being able to take so much is a problem, the same people are clearing the place out, or perhaps its just a case of needing to spawn less but more often to spread it out. Anyway, we'll get there you just have to adjust your expectations about the speed of progress to account for the fact that the people who are needed to change things can't always be active.

Not that I care about crafting, but if you like the total quantities and the distribution is the issue, why don't you lower the replenishment intervals and the replenished amount, while keeping the total daily replenished amount the same.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Swarm

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2012, 11:04:11 pm »

Bring back old Town-Control system.

^This, Veterans are quitting and frustrated also because of this new system. We want old TC PvP fights with the new perks outside of hinkly.

Good point, that's a lot harder to solve because we have no effective way of stopping them, outside of something like making carry weight gain less at higher strength (and I can hear the whine about nerfs now - listen to how much they whine even when everything is actually being relaxed/boosted!).
That's great to know that our suggestions for a fun game, and giving our opinions about new changes is whining. But besides the point. We want a fun game, we already know the game is frustrating and not easy and isn't suppose to be but some changes make us questions as to why they are done. For example I never understood 10mm SMG removal...

Maybe instead of nerfing carrying weight maybe give us the ability to science ammo? Some are successful getting materials in mines the alternative is science to this problem and if we could science ammo that would be great for gun powder and advanced gun powder. Just make stack of 20 or a stack of 50 for a chance to get 1 HQ gun powder or something. Maybe not the best idea but something along these lines would resolve resource hording the biggest issue for me is getting minerals and hq minerals for gun powders, ores, hq ores, alloys, and hq alloys is easy enough with science there is no need to go to mine for this stuff.

I mean really carebear the noobs... you mean I had to go through all this difficult shit to get to where I am at and now people suggest there should noob carebear stuff added...

I started noob this wipe with nothing and I built my way up with no exploits, so if there is noob carebear added stuff that is ridiculous to suggest or implement when things are changed to make things more difficult for veterans.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:21:13 pm by Swarm »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2012, 11:10:22 pm »

Yoz, that is what I mean by more spread out.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

avv

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2012, 09:09:32 am »

You could simply set the same inventory room for all chars, regardless of str and perks. Carryweight is 90% support ability, pvp players want to cut it from their pvp alts and move it to dedicated cw alts. If it bothers someone that pvp chars could then carry 60 rockets, 100 superstims, tesla armor, BA, avenger, rocketlauncher, motion sensor, 4 sets of drugs and the stuff of his dead pal, so what? It's called risking.

Making chars more equal in terms of support abilities has plain zero negative effects on gameplay. Removing profesion limit was only beneficial and relieving to many players. Haven't heard any moaning about that at all.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2012, 09:12:15 am »

You could simply set the same inventory room for all chars, regardless of str and perks.

How this will fix using multi-logs in mines?
You simply want more CW for you PvP chars :P

There must be some better way to discourage people from multi-logging in mines.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:14:33 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2012, 09:36:43 am »

This will prolly sound realy retarded but it was an instant thought. Wat if u multi log and the game picks up the same ip as another then gaurds auto attack u? Hell I don't know was just random thought. But multi log seems to be the most unfair thing excpecialy for those playeres that would rather not be a cheat like that lol

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2012, 09:44:41 am »

There is always ore in mines but people only check out mine near NCR. There are tons of mines and people are too lazy to check out everything. I have only one char that is mining and everytime I enter (in morning, evening or during the day) I get plenty of ore and minerals. I just enter once a day and get about 10 metal parts and 10 alloys and some gunpowder and all that from one going into the mine and I'm done for the day. Gecko is always full of everything and I didn't see anyone there or few times just other people mining (no pkers).

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2012, 10:26:52 am »

There must be some better way to discourage people from multi-logging in mines.
Ofcourse it is. Having 10 minutes waiting time between relogging again.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:52 am »

Ofcourse it is. Having 10 minutes waiting time between relogging again.

and then there will be cheaters trying to bypass this system.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 26 queries.