Yes!
- 18 (56.3%)
No!
- 13 (40.6%)
I dunno...
- 1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The trading is rotten...  (Read 8505 times)

Re: The trading is rotten...
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 08:13:55 pm »

Btw it'll be abusable, because you can store there items, just make thier price 999999 caps (or for special player only where name of that player is yours) and noone will buy it, so you can use it instead of tent.
So number of items per player should be limited and again dependant on reputation, so storage-alts will be useless, or pain in ass to operate with reputation.
Or you'll need to pay to trader instantly after placing item there and he won't take % after selling.

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 08:38:23 pm »

Just make the players pay a fee for putting an items there depending on the price they want to set. Let's say for 1000 caps item they'll have to pay 50 caps. For 1 000 000 caps itemy that would be 50k caps. I think the tent is cheaper after all.
Developers, developers, developers, developers...

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 09:36:23 pm »

Btw it'll be abusable, because you can store there items, just make thier price 999999 caps (or for special player only where name of that player is yours) and noone will buy it, so you can use it instead of tent.
So number of items per player should be limited and again dependant on reputation, so storage-alts will be useless, or pain in ass to operate with reputation.
Or you'll need to pay to trader instantly after placing item there and he won't take % after selling.

comission here we go! 5% in caps
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 01:34:19 pm »

Biggest propblem with player to player economy are alts.

Our problem is that we are free, will always have to be free and controlling alts without being able to charge a fee is next to impossible.

Currently its really easy to level an alt up to be able to craft Level 3 stuff, so its easy to supply everything you need yourself.

Only way to create demand for certain items is to make it harder to get them. First step was unguarded mines. It made this only slightly harder because its still very easy to get whatever you need, but further things will be done a long this path until desirable items are hard to get so everyone can't just whip himself up an alt and craft away whatever he wants.

Somethings including:
  • Stripping away higher tier stuff from easy encounters (Particularly ammo)
  • Moving towards blueprints for higher tier items (Needs the new quest writers for the quests to gain these) - Think Level 2 professions + Blueprint instead of Level 3 professions.
  • Specific places in the wasteland to craft items (Think the concept for the MFC machine in Sierra expanded

Perhaps, if it still remains too easy with these things, a limit on how much each workbench can produce in an hour.

One day, after much moaning about how "I can't craft X!" we will create player demand :)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 01:51:57 pm »

too bad you can't do anything about the ikillforthalulz community, it will be far too unfair to the "good" players while the "evil" players will be able to get absolutely everything as they do now, to a certian extent half of the community will have to take I'mNotADouche lessons...

I like the idea, but you forgot the most important variable in it, the far too PKish community, so yeah...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

avv

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 01:56:08 pm »

Our problem is that we are free, will always have to be free and controlling alts without being able to charge a fee is next to impossible.

Who's talking about fee. Fees and punishments never work as seen with cha1. Just encourage and reward players from playing a single char so that it's more profitable to play single than many alts. This means that if you craft, quest and fight you also fight, craft and quest better. So that the three of these would have a synergy. Or reward players from being in a faction and playing like the factions demands. This is faction mod after all.

Only way to create demand for certain items is to make it harder to get them.

This can also lead to stocking. Remember combat armors past few wipes? They were basically treasures for most people and few dared to wear them.

Or it can lead to people completely ignoring the high tier stuff because it takes so long to get and it'd be easier to do many runs with medium stuff than one long prepared run with good stuffs. Unless staying alive was more important than stuff so that players would absolutely want to wear the best gear to protect their lives.

Somethings including:
  • Moving towards blueprints for higher tier items (Needs the new quest writers for the quests to gain these) - Think Level 2 professions + Blueprint instead of Level 3 professions.
  • Specific places in the wasteland to craft items (Think the concept for the MFC machine in Sierra expanded

Perhaps, if it still remains too easy with these things, a limit on how much each workbench can produce in an hour.

One day, after much moaning about how "I can't craft X!" we will create player demand :)

Let's see how it turns out.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 02:16:28 pm »

Or it can lead to people completely ignoring the high tier stuff because it takes so long to get and it'd be easier to do many runs with medium stuff than one long prepared run with good stuffs. Unless staying alive was more important than stuff so that players would absolutely want to wear the best gear to protect their lives.

That really fit good post-apo setting... all we need is some mechanism that will make players trying not to die, instead of currently "death solves all problems" syndrome ;)
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 02:27:57 pm »

Just encourage and reward players from playing a single char so that it's more profitable to play single than many alts.

Then we have the same problem, but all alts combined into one. It doesn't really matter if its alts or one super char, except to the people who limit themselves to one char. For a problem such as this those two things are indentical.

This can also lead to stocking.

Stockpiling could be the case if there were a max per hour imposed. That would be a last resort. Much better to allow things to flow in freely, but only if you can control it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:31:42 pm by Solar »
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2010, 02:41:01 pm »

Im just wondering why e-mail registration or registration confirmed by GM is impossible. Because this is my first though when i hear about alting.

avv

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2010, 02:53:46 pm »

Then we have the same problem, but all alts combined into one. It doesn't really matter if its alts or one super char, except to the people who limit themselves to one char. For a problem such as this those two things are indentical.

What I'm talking about here is that an armorer with interests in fighting, questing and crafting abilities makes the best armors but he can't make the best guns. But he can exchange his good suits for good guns. The reason why he makes the best armors is because he has travelled the world and been in many situations while wearing his own armors, thus knowing what kind of suit feels most comfortable and is most handy (quests). He has also been in many fights and knows what the suit can and cannot stop (fighting). And he has also made many suits (crafting).

This would give additional endgame goal for players. Instead of wasting exp, they start gathering profesion exp which they can invest on making stuff or enhancing your char otherwise depending on your profesion. Dying would reduce your exp, you'd get lots of exp from pvp by killing your enemies but you can't farm it by killing low-levels or single dudes many times. You'd get the best exps from your worst enemies who also try to kill you.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 05:49:47 pm »

Then we have to invent a completely different mechanism, build it, balance it. In the end we get something which only mirrors what we can naturally achieve in the way of limiting where it can be made etc (ie making you have to earn the ability to craft these things), but in a much more gamey and time consuming way.

Im just wondering why e-mail registration or registration confirmed by GM is impossible. Because this is my first though when i hear about alting.

Extra E-Mails aren't hard to get, and making a GM check every new person that wants to start the game, aswell as slowing down registration for genuine new people, would be a nightmare for them to do.

Just making systems a lot less geared towards alts is the only real way it'll get solved. For example how Barter changed, the skill remained somewhat usefull, yet you don't need an alt in order to buy stuff.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 06:27:33 pm »

Only way to create demand for certain items is to make it harder to get them. First step was unguarded mines. It made this only slightly harder because its still very easy to get whatever you need, but further things will be done a long this path until desirable items are hard to get so everyone can't just whip himself up an alt and craft away whatever he wants.

Somethings including:

well I dont like this ideas at all... it will nerf the game for loners or small gangs even more... my experience right now, while I am playing mostly alone, is that I can surely get HQ resources, but half of the time I get PKed in mines, so only other possibility to obtain them is to buy it from other players... then, when you implement the ideas about blueprints and specific places to craft, crafting will be rotten completely... because like HQ mines are camped by PKs now, those locations will be camped as well... so you will have hard time to get resources and then another hard time to craft your items, when you can lose both resources (again) and blueprints too... and this horribly sucks, because only power-players in big gangs can craft as they can guard those locations, so there will be no economy twist... the big gangs will have everything, same as they do now, and small gangs or loners will suck even more than now...
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 06:40:12 pm »

Currently its really easy to level an alt up to be able to craft Level 3 stuff, so its easy to supply everything you need yourself.

Somethings including:

Are you even serious? This will only SLOW DOWN the process, it's not a solution. Remember those 5 minutes cooldowns after previous wipe? People started making shitloads of alts. And when I say "shitloads" I mean it, they were making like 50 characters named miner01; miner02; miner03; and so on and so on. This system back then lead to nowhere. I remember BBS had Combat Armors in the very first day - and that's not you wanted. Of course now no one will try to make so many alts because relogging from one to another is pain in the ass and you can be banned easily if you abuse it. There are better solutions and one of them is to remove professions limit. If you have enough skills to take both Armorer lvl 3 and Small guns craffter lvl 3 why wouldn't you do that? Now it only leads to more alts.
Developers, developers, developers, developers...

avv

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 07:02:46 pm »

Then we have to invent a completely different mechanism, build it, balance it. In the end we get something which only mirrors what we can naturally achieve in the way of limiting where it can be made etc (ie making you have to earn the ability to craft these things), but in a much more gamey and time consuming way.

Well I was just presenting the fact that fixing alts is possible. It just comes to how serious alt problem is regarded and I think they are one of the worst problems in the game. If you look at the game alts are related yo everything somehow so it's quite top priority I guess. We can't get proper playtesting results on many areas because the results are distorted by irrealistic game world caused by alting.

Just making systems a lot less geared towards alts is the only real way it'll get solved. For example how Barter changed, the skill remained somewhat usefull, yet you don't need an alt in order to buy stuff.

I agree. Just do the same with weapon skills, steal and sneak. They would just determine your perks and profesions, not the chance of success.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 07:20:44 pm »

Are you even serious? This will only SLOW DOWN the process, it's not a solution. Remember those 5 minutes cooldowns after previous wipe? People started making shitloads of alts. And when I say "shitloads" I mean it, they were making like 50 characters named miner01; miner02; miner03; and so on and so on. This system back then lead to nowhere. I remember BBS had Combat Armors in the very first day - and that's not you wanted. Of course now no one will try to make so many alts because relogging from one to another is pain in the ass and you can be banned easily if you abuse it. There are better solutions and one of them is to remove professions limit. If you have enough skills to take both Armorer lvl 3 and Small guns craffter lvl 3 why wouldn't you do that? Now it only leads to more alts.

Does this post make any sense ... at all?  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.