Yes!
- 18 (56.3%)
No!
- 13 (40.6%)
I dunno...
- 1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The trading is rotten...  (Read 7595 times)

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
Re: The trading is rotten...
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2010, 07:23:52 pm »

Yeah, let's just add more difficultes. Base the game on crafting even more, fuck yeah.
Developers, developers, developers, developers...

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 07:26:29 pm »

Ah, I see. It didn't make any sense.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 07:30:57 pm »

Ah, I see. It didn't make any sense.

well, what about my post? It doesnt make any sense too? Or are you really intended to give more power to powerplayers?
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2010, 07:33:24 pm »

I agree with Enzo, what Solar said sounds to me like "if big cooldowns don't help, we need to make them even bigger"...
Solution is somewhere else, I will post my suggestions about this some time soon hopefully.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2010, 07:39:09 pm »

There is nothing about making cooldowns longer. Its about restricting the number of high tech weapons in the game. There will likely be ways to earn access to workbenches through domination mode or faction scenarios, but there is no universal right to the highest tier of equipment.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 07:53:03 pm »

There is nothing about making cooldowns longer. Its about restricting the number of high tech weapons in the game. There will likely be ways to earn access to workbenches through domination mode or faction scenarios, but there is no universal right to the highest tier of equipment.

so this way you will restrict access to part of the game for everyone who is not part of PvP gang...  ???
I am ok with HQ resources in not-guarded mines... I am ok with blueprints needed and not easily obtainable... but crafting allowed only at few places which will be camped by PKs or even impossible to access without gang? Well that sucks so much, that I even cannot say how much it sucks...  :-[
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:55:55 pm by Enzo »
Enzo Wolf

avv

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 07:53:30 pm »

It's not the cooldown's fault that people constantly plunge themselves into harmful situations, don't give a damn about their lives and thus keep losing high tech stuff all the time.
It's also not the cooldown's fault that it's very easy to die due to very simplistic and unforgiving combat mechanics with little chance to retaliate.

So what if it takes 2 hours to craft something cool? It should last for a week if you played smart. The game just doesn't support that ideology but it's not the cooldown's fault.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »

Solar: Unless the server would manage the amount of high-tech weapons relative to the player base, not allowing to spawn more when the limit is reached, tracking weapons broking up and disappearing in random encounters... unless that, I see no way how you can effectively restrict their number.
Restricting weapon number is not equal to making them more harder to get.

The harder they are to get, the more really dedicated players you need, who find it worth their time to waste hours obtaining their equipment needed to match the current king of the hill.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:55:40 pm by Ned Logan »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »

everyone who is not part of PvP gang

Points at...

There will likely be ways to earn access to workbenches through domination mode or faction scenarios

Restricting weapon number is not equal to making them more harder to get.

If 100 players want to craft Desirable_Item_#1 , then we can have 100*X or 100*Y. X being 1 for craft it anywhere and Y being some value less than 1, which would depend on how restricted its crafting is. Its restricting their number by restricting their influx into the game.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 08:05:37 pm »

Then we have the same problem, but all alts combined into one. It doesn't really matter if its alts or one super char, except to the people who limit themselves to one char. For a problem such as this those two things are indentical.
It does matter - if you can play with one char, "jack-of-all-trades" and do what you want (fight, barter, travel, make items), you will play, because fast/dual/multi relogs or proxy voodoo shit is far from comfortable playing, believe me.
Now most players I know, including myself, are "jack-of-all-trades" anyway, but it requires these goddamn alts. We need to get rid of reason to make alts, not alts themselves.

Enzo if you don't participate PvP, high-tier gear isnt't needed in large amount. Besides you can buy stuff from other players, not make it by yourself - earn some caps on drugs you've made and change them into armors, and so on.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 08:07:39 pm »

Solar: I don't think artificially suppressing supply of items to the market is good way to regulate item scarcity, if you care about the time the players have playing the game being fun.
Much better is to suppress the demand - make items less attractive, or limiting the total amount that can be in game.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2010, 08:23:11 pm »

Enzo if you don't participate PvP, high-tier gear isnt't needed in large amount. Besides you can buy stuff from other players, not make it by yourself - earn some caps on drugs you've made and change them into armors, and so on.

I dont need high-tier stuff myself... but implementing of Solar suggestions will spoil all crafters and traders, and I like playing crafter/trader much more than some bloody PvP...
Enzo Wolf

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2010, 08:28:12 pm »

I don't think artificially suppressing supply of items to the market is good way to regulate item scarcity

It isn't artificial, artificial would be saying only 10 of Desirable_Item_#1 can exist in the world. Limiting where something high tech can be made is something anyone can understand.

t does matter - if you can play with one char, "jack-of-all-trades" and do what you want (fight, barter, travel, make items), you will play, because fast/dual/multi relogs or proxy voodoo shit is far from comfortable playing, believe me.
Now most players I know, including myself, are "jack-of-all-trades" anyway, but it requires these goddamn alts. We need to get rid of reason to make alts, not alts themselves.

The reason you can't do everything at once is to encourage interaction. Allowing everyone to be everything on one char destroys the concept just as surely as alts themselves.
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2010, 08:46:06 pm »

We need to get rid of reason to make alts, not alts themselves.
Reputation, reputation and reputation.

Fresh created alt for one purpose will need to make some quests in certain location(s), trade there, again complete quests and for other location again complete quests there, through these quests he'll unlock possibilities to do something. Reputation will  be as requirements for taking part in TC, town don't want to be conrolled by some unknown strangers. It was told alot times, even by devs that they want to see something like that, so probably someday it'll be so, that alts will be unneccessary, because high reputation some completed quests which required reputation too to unlock them will give more possibilities.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2010, 09:42:28 pm »

this thread is getting out of hand.. we need to identify the problems 1st and then adress them. heres what ive seen players complaining more after reading:

flawed economic system

alt chars

feel free to add

an input on the alt chars probem: the best system ive seen used in a mmrpg to control chars per person was by ultima online IMO.

For those unfamiliard i will explain:- each player as an account,
                                              - each account as 5 slots for chars that can be deleted at any time ( they had a failtriger here u  only could delete chars older than 3 days to prevent abuse from money/items that spwan with new chars)
                                              - to change chars u had to wait 5 mins to access the chars slots, otherwise u would keep getting in the same char

P.s - the values can be change to serve fonline better but i think the system itself is one of the best
Aku Soku Zan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 26 queries.