"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:24:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: How much do you enjoy playing FOnline?  (Read 56326 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: How much do you enjoy playing FOnline?
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2010, 05:44:06 pm »

I also feel somewhat ignored on forums and have that gnawing feeling that i shouldn't make any suggestions, 'cause nothing out of it would be implemented anyway. Perhaps they are considered stupid by the devs.

What exactly are you expecting? We can't possibly reply to every idea.

Then saying we never listen to ideas, coming after a Wipe where a large part of the crafting system is based off a suggestion and TC is almost 1:1 from a players suggestion ... its pretty baseless  :-\

Constant moaning does nothing but demotivate us for the next set of changes we want to do, especially after what is a reasonably successful update, if you ignore the storm in a teacup about minor price tweaks.

Pretty self defeating when you consider the only reason we do anything is for the fun of it.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2010, 07:39:42 pm »

Imho FOnline can't be properly balanced. No with current game mechanics. I don't know how you devs want to change the game in future, but those "harsh" parts of this game are causing that balancing is next to impossible. Just imagine for one second that:
- we would not loose our stuff during respawn
- character development would turn into the fulltime job (higher level cap, less skill points per level, weaker perks with more ranks, professions affecting gameplay, possibility to become apprentice and work your way up as hunter/medic/scientist/soldier, each with  its own special perks)
- NPCs would use level scaling so you could encounter lvl 1 ants or lvl 8 ants (separated through contour color or with 3d models through color of skin itself, size etc.)
- exp would not drop per killed mob but would depend on your level vs mob type/level
- items would require skill % in order to use them and/or certain level reached etc...

Yes its not Fallout. Because Fallout is singleplayer that does not care about crafting or respawning or anything similar because you can always save/load. But I think that wilt old F1/2/Tactics mechanics this game will be almost imposible to balance. I'm not saying that what I mentioned is the best way, but I certainly feel that FOnline will not be game for me if some basic stuff like character development or item cycle does not change.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2010, 07:42:32 pm »

- NPCs would use level scaling so you could encounter lvl 1 ants or lvl 8 ants (separated through contour color or with 3d models through color of skin itself, size etc.)
- exp would not drop per killed mob but would depend on your level vs mob type/level
Those two really make sense, imho.

Yes its not Fallout. Because Fallout is singleplayer that does not care about crafting or respawning or anything similar because you can always save/load.
True. Same as for guards, for example (whose small amount was really a problem before wipe) : In Fallout 2, they only needed to kill one player at most, in FOnline, it can be up to 50 players sometimes.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2010, 07:46:44 pm »

What exactly are you expecting? We can't possibly reply to every idea.

Then saying we never listen to ideas, coming after a Wipe where a large part of the crafting system is based off a suggestion and TC is almost 1:1 from a players suggestion ... its pretty baseless  :-\

Constant moaning does nothing but demotivate us for the next set of changes we want to do, especially after what is a reasonably successful update, if you ignore the storm in a teacup about minor price tweaks.

Pretty self defeating when you consider the only reason we do anything is for the fun of it.

But from which players ? I know these players. They stay in NCR all time and doing nothing. They have much of time and etc. But there are other players too and they have good ideas about crafting and PvP too. Sometimes i think that you like ideas only from this "ncr" players, infinite of time for play, without work or schoold kids.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2010, 09:09:08 pm »

Sius the original idea that crafting was based on and Nice_Boat for TC.

Not that who proposes an idea matters, its the quality of the idea/arguement.

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2010, 09:15:51 pm »

Sius was for crafting based ? He was always for fun in this game.
Btw. I dont say that i dont like everything. I like new TC system for example.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2010, 09:18:57 pm »

I expect most people will say new crafting is more "fun" if anything. Less "Passive" to quote the complaint.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2010, 09:20:06 pm »

the game now is just great, keep up devs :> and yes new crafting system is better :> Just maybe if it would be up to me i would double cooldowns, to double up base prices is items, as i think its a little too low now, but still everything is great :>
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:22:33 pm by vedaras »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2010, 09:21:54 pm »

Both new town control and crafting systems are really better than before and good for now. Great work!
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2010, 09:27:45 pm »

Seems that people really like based something on waiting ? Hm ...

Edit : Big waiting

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2010, 09:29:27 pm »

I expect most people will say new crafting is more "fun" if anything. Less "Passive" to quote the complaint.

Yes it is true, but we past to many time on it, personally I hate crafting (in any game…) so I am not necessary the best example, but I past 80% of my in game time on this, and 20% on what I really like in the game (PVP / PVE). Sometime I ask myself if I play or if I work ….
I don’t say you work bad etc… I really appreciate all the time you put on this game and you make a great/huge job. But can you make the game more accessible to people who don’t want to craft? If you said you need more time it is ok… Maybe you can explain your long time vision of the game?

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2010, 09:32:24 pm »

agree with lemark, we lossing to many time for exping new alts, crafting shit and many more
with every wipe we have less time to REAL PLAYING
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2010, 09:35:36 pm »

+1 Maszrum, Lemark. This becomes BORING. It's not about if game is easy or not, it's about that MOST of the time we must do things, which are boring as hell. I appreciate your non-paid work, I really do. But please listen to players voice - for example http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=2774.0. 84 % for yes and lot of voters, but you just ignore such suggestions. You ignore players voice :(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:50:12 pm by Samurai »
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2010, 09:37:25 pm »

Yes it is true, but we past to many time on it, personally I hate crafting (in any game…) so I am not necessary the best example, but I past 80% of my in game time on this, and 20% on what I really like in the game (PVP / PVE). Sometime I ask myself if I play or if I work ….
I don’t say you work bad etc… I really appreciate all the time you put on this game and you make a great/huge job. But can you make the game more accessible to people who don’t want to craft? If you said you need more time it is ok… Maybe you can explain your long time vision of the game?

Man, learn how to play. You can do easily without crafting after wipe. I don't even know why do I play for hybrid character, because I can play pure PvP character easy, but it's too late, plus I don't want to. I don't have alts, and will have only suiciders vs PKs later, I have only one and the main char. Yes, I'm sniper/crafter, but I don't craft my gear anymore and I don't need to, I just wasted alot points in repair and science skills, because I don't need it to play this game. And I don't talk about exploits, it's no matter, even if they fix that, I'll do the same, but a bit slower. And I did almost the same before discovered that thing, and I was doing well. The only thing I can say that is: after wipe you can easily play for non-crafter character easily, even alone, and still get the same gear as crafter-based charater. You just need more experience at this game.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2010, 09:43:09 pm »

Man, learn how to play. You can do easily without crafting after wipe. I don't even know why do I play for hybrid character, because I can play pure PvP character easy, but it's too late, plus I don't want to. I don't have alts, and will have only suiciders vs PKs later, I have only one and the main char. Yes, I'm sniper/crafter, but I don't craft my gear anymore and I don't need to, I just wasted alot points in repair and science skills, because I don't need it to play this game. And I don't talk about exploits, it's no matter, even if they fix that, I'll do the same, but a bit slower. And I did almost the same before discovered that thing, and I was doing well. The only thing I can say that is: after wipe you can easily play for non-crafter character easily, even alone, and still get the same gear as crafter-based charater. You just need more experience at this game.

Ho really? Explain me how you lvl up a full PVP Big Guns player and get enough BA, avenger, 5mm AP to fight VSB/RED DOT/BBS/DMC/ROGUES?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.