"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:27:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: How much do you enjoy playing FOnline?  (Read 56328 times)

Re: How much do you enjoy playing FOnline?
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2010, 01:10:11 am »

Too many kittenz i tell you!

Now for real most people are short sighted and cant see further then their own interest and they are the loudest. Every game has em its within humans nature to whine..

I mainly like the game coz its Fallout , i loved it then its fun to play that old style game as mmo.
 I understand the need for crafting/geathering to have timeouts ...
think about it this way - the faster you can achive everything you want the faster the game gets boring and devs cant realy add stronger creatures / weapons /armors - it would be derailing the game of its origin.
Wouldnt get boring coz you can PvP? it would rather turn into quake then still be rpg. and belive me you would get borred wery fast.

What waiting?
they should play a MUD . they would know wtf waiting is XD
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:13:17 am by Attero »
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2010, 01:35:54 am »

ive been playing Fonline since the second week of september (got my first try in later august) of 2009. Yeah theres been ups and downs through out the times of wipes and such but i love it cause its fun to see what kind of spin  the devs and the community bring to the game. Also, like someone said earlier I'm an oldschool kinda guy and fallout is ol school :P so.. if the shoe fits  8)
I would like my enlcave skin please :D

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2010, 01:43:04 am »

yesterday we had the opportunity to return to the past and remind yourself of the game looked like a few months ago. as you have probably noticed - the game has changed completely! developers have done a really good job. although I must admit - I miss some features of the earlier version of the game .. the game was easier, quicker and more fun, get most of the items in the forms of farming caravan. This was much faster and more exciting than working in the mine

i understand that crafting is a very important part of the game, but it was just find a balance between the two ways to get some items

btw. i still hear something like that "this is not a quake! this is ROLEPLAY" - fonline is a game - i take pleasure form compete with other players/gangs and i dont want to play quake ;p if you really want to play ROLEPLAY, try in theater ;p

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2010, 03:43:37 am »

2238 dont have only players who want and like crafting and waiting. 2238 have too players who want and like fun from pure PvP.
Then go ahead, have some fun from PvP. I don't remember sending any Spartans in blue pyjamas up North, besides Science doesn't work in combat anymore. But, to be honest, was ever all this spartan-bullshit a real threat? C'mon.

I can hardly believe what I see here - members of almost all large and famous gangs, like BBS, VSB, DMC and so whine here like noob for his lost shovel. Strange, no?

Unless you realize that none of pure PvP players will use his battle char below 21 lvl. Grinding XP from FA, by using some magical script for hit & heal merc in base is now impossible due to weakness after use this skill. Gathering junk from barrels, by using bots placed in scrapheap for all night is gone - now you need to find it in random places. Mining was never as "interactive" as it is now - but again, you can't place a bot in crowded place like mining camp, and private mine is still too expensive for what it offers.
So game became unplayable because of above reasons, and unless you are 250 HP tank with double Toughness, 250% combat skill and Jet supplies counted in thousands? Oh my, now I'm worried.

All about "itanz", no matter is it BA and Avenger, or leather jacket and 10 mm pistol.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:34:49 am by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2010, 06:53:37 am »

... realize that none of pure PvP players will use his battle char below 21 lvl. Grinding XP from FA, by using some magical script for hit & heal merc in base is now impossible due to weakness after use this skill. Gathering junk from barrels, by using bots placed in scrapheap for all night is gone - now you need to find it in random places. Mining was never as "interactive" as it is now - but again, you can't place a bot in crowded place like mining camp, and private mine is still too expensive for what it offers.
So game became unplayable because of above reasons, and unless you are 250 HP tank with double Toughness, 250% combat skill and Jet supplies counted in thousands? Oh my, now I'm worried.

All about "itanz", no matter is it BA and Avenger, or leather jacket and 10 mm pistol.

I love the crazy PvP battles, but resources are scarce in the wasteland.

I like that it is simulated that way now.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Zeck

• whatever.
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2010, 07:51:53 am »

I enjoy this game more than ever with this session.
Gameplay is richer and more consistent and logical than ever, in my opinion. (note that I ve only seen the two last wipes though)
Mining has been made less boring and my favorite part of fonline -the beginning of the session where everybody work hard to get stuff- is being delightfully long.
Content starts to be really exciting. (I spend hours in the train.)

So many thanks to the devs and keep up the good work, it is appreciated.
Wannabe smuggler.
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2010, 08:23:34 am »

What waiting ? You must wait very long time for everything. Everyone know it. Where is fun and reward for job ? Fighting with someone and lost my 1 day work ? Some people have work and dont hhave too much time. They want some fun. They come here and what they have ? Only waiting and frustrate from leveling char. This is pure truth.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2010, 08:41:52 am »

Fighting with someone and lost my 1 day work ?

That's a deal all the MMORPGs have. If you lose a fight, you'll also lose your gear or parts of your gear, that value at least hours of work.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

RestarT

• MC Vagina is back!
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2010, 09:39:37 am »

Izual: Yes but now, if you loose fight, you loose 24 hours clear crafting time. People who have job can't daily play 12 hours to get their stuff. Playing for drug addicted big gunnes is imposible for people with normal life... Now the wasteland is full of SMG-guys, that's not good.

I'm enjoying crafting system, sometimes it's fun, but it takes most of my playing time and I don't like this fact.
Crafting is too slow and you gain really small amount of experience...

BTW How much money cost private mine?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:44:22 am by RestarT »

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2010, 09:48:30 am »

75k for a private mine. Try joining a gang, it will make stuff easier.

Just wanted to add: Before people complained about people with rocket launcher, now its gone down to smg :D
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2010, 09:52:54 am »

Completely not true, Izual, you should try other MMORPGs then and see what's different there.

Personally, with every update I can notice the part of the same cycle:

1. People PKing in the North, large battles, thousands of 5mm, 223 ammo, combat/metal armors, weapons used, some random dudes from the south killed in the process.
2. Crying about PK and bad PvPers with 21 lvl chars, 2 toughness, 250hps tons of jet and shitload of other stuff (gangs have everything and I don't (cry))
3. An update =) Making gaining experience harder, gathering/crafting taking more time, nerfing weapons/ammo
4. PvPers crying that they have now to waste twice the time on gathering/crafting/exping
5. No-PvPers happy that they've got their revenge for countless deaths in the north (HAHAHAHAHA LMAO CRY BIG GUNNERS NOW YOU ARE FUCKED UP!!!! HAHAHAHA CRY CRY MORE), devs stating that PvPers should go fuck themselves
6. PvPers finding new exploits/fast gathering/crafting/exping methods
then again....
1. People PKing in the North, large battles, thousands of 5mm, 223 ammo, combat/metal armors, weapons used, some random dudes from the south killed in the process.
.... and so on

It leads to -------> NOWHERE.

Anyway, I wanted to say sth about so-called "role-playing" on 2238. Throughout last 8 months, I've seen various RP actions/events/attempts, some were successful, but the others (unfortunaly, most of them) were a complete failure, due to the lack of possibilities/people getting lazy/people realising that roleplay involves something more than just chatting and using /e or /o

The war between PvPers and roleplayers or crafters or whatever you gonna call them is going nowhere, as due to endless complaints made by them (mostly, just to make the other side's gameplay less interesting), devteam release another "fix" and someone gets nerfed again.

I KNOW that many of you like PvP as much as RP, and this fact makes whole thing even more stupid.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2010, 11:47:54 am »

Lets take a look why do we have this situation here:
There are people who like PvP and people who don't. Those who don't like it most likely end up in NCR and they gather/craft/farm stuff all day long with their friends. They do some quests, take a train ride and fight some cave tribals, get killed few times from PKers and then they move on. Someone enjoy it but I dare to say that half of server population don't. And those who don't enjoy it have only thing left for them and thats competitive PvP. Whenever its done just to gain more items or fight against another gang it does not matter. But PvPers are ridiculously limited by some "clever" mans idea of CH requirement for quests, they can't level up through crafting so only thing left for PvP build to do is to obtain weapon/ammo and fight NPCs. Also "obtaining weapon/ammo" means create an alt and do the work that you absolutely don't enjoy just to be able to level up your main char, and leveling up is pain in the *** and right now so for such char its no win situation. Its nothing else but boring and long work. And the real fun for such players comes only when they are possible to compete with others = 21 lvl, PvP build and good gear or else you will get eaten alive.
And again I do not PvP because I like it better over PvE. I PvP because its the only real engame activity that FOnline has. And I'm not alone who feels this way. So you divide community into 2 sides. One is pretty ok with current state because there is no real change for them. They do what they want and its slightly slower. But the other half suffers and whines on forums.

I'll quote myself for all of you that don't see this. Read next lines carefully and then tell me: am I just another whiner who wants "I win button" or is there a bit of truth in my words?
When I play any other game if its Fallout Tactics, Might and Magic or Acromage or anything else you can think of (mmos too) I do it to enjoy my time spend ingame. But with current FOnline I feel more like I'm going to work just to get my char/stuff ready for his 10 minutes of glory until I'm killed. I don't know how you but I've never felt this way in older seasons (and I missed the last "pre-wipe"). And honestly I believe there were some bad calls done with few patches that take all the fun away. I don't have problem with that I will have to spend 3 months leveling my char up to 21st lvl (even when its not the case right now) but I mind if those 3 months will be filled up with nothing but repetition repetition repetition and even more repetition of boring stuff. It was never the case before since leveling was easy and fast more or less so people could focus on what they really enjoy and they did not have to kill their time 24/7 in order to reach that point.

I'm all for making leveling slower but it should be done at the point where we can actually enjoy leveling up through PvE, quests (that are not restricted by charisma, which is imho the worst call ever done in FOnline), playing in groups and sharing our exp with players. But now FOnline is pretty much empty when it comes to endgame activities and only real challenge for player driven factions is TC and PvP (and don't tell me that your gang organizes crafting sessions where you have "The best crafter of the timeout" reward and how much you enjoy it). I would love to see the day we will get PvE challenges for gangs introduced ingame or other activities (organized PvP in arenas/battlegrounds, improving our position within npc driven factions, time/action triggered events, exploration etc.). Yet we will have to wait for this stuff. I get it but the thing I don't get is why do you devs make the path from 0 to fun so complicated when there are no turns we can take on this road and thats making it pretty straight boring and not fun at all. When the game has something more to offer then it might be ready for crafting "fixes" that cut 1/2 of exp or smaller exp with every npc killed, yet the only effect such updates have on the game right now are that they are making it loose its dynamics and fun.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:53:52 am by Sius »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2010, 12:02:04 pm »

What waiting ? You must wait very long time for everything. Everyone know it. Where is fun and reward for job ? Fighting with someone and lost my 1 day work ? Some people have work and dont hhave too much time. They want some fun. They come here and what they have ? Only waiting and frustrate from leveling char. This is pure truth.

I think my main point is that waiting decreased dramatically this wipe.

CA = 2 hours from 5.3 hours (37.74% of waiting time)
Avenger =2.35 hours from 5.34 hours (44% of waiting time)
Sniper is now 1 hour, was over two? something like that
etc.

Then you have cumulative cooldowns too, so that decreases waiting in the game again.

Then the traders can pay out full price for whatever you get from encounters AND offer stuff that is actually useful, reducing the need to craft at all and further decreasing waiting in the game again.

Where has waiting got worse?

The only thing that changed with xp was stopping an exploit with FA. Its still not that long to level, unless you are using many alts. Answer for that, don't use loads of alts, we've made it a lot easier to play without using alts.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2010, 12:22:14 pm »

Solar you made yourself a nice math bubble around FOnline and all you can see are numbers and you argument through them in every 2nd post of yours. Yea crafting seems better and less passive than what was before but have you ever tried to play this game from 0 to 21 as PvP build? Just try it with some guys from Rotators and join us in TC under some fake nicks. Taste our way of seeing FOnline and THEN tell me how much you enjoyed playing it.
I don't know what was last pre-wipe since I was not playing but can't you see the change you did with exping? Was there any whining about game being boring during season 1/2? I'm just repeating myself here over and over again. Game has not much to offer right now when it comes to leveling up and its even more flat when you level up as PvP build but you keep making leveling up longer and more boring. But for what cause? What was so bad about S1/2 leveling that you have to change it? You didn't like people having fun quickly or what?
As I said X times before: "When the game has something more to offer then it might be ready for crafting "fixes" that cut 1/2 of exp or smaller exp with every npc killed, yet the only effect such updates have on the game right now are that they are making it loose its dynamics and fun."

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2010, 12:36:16 pm »

I upped my 17th level yesterday with FA  :D Well... I had only 30XP left but so...

Once and for all, I want to say that. If the game isn't that cool for some people, it's because of the players. Well, we aren't supposed to be players, but to be beta-testers. Doesn't matter. I like the game, and since August 16th I never wanted to stop playing because I was fed up by the game mechanics. The game is indeed cool, and if people stop whining and start to play for real they will see that I'm right. Some features are bugged, or not finished, or not implemented yet, but that's not the point ! The devs give us tools (= the game, the features), what we do with it is on our hands. Why people whine ? Because they got killed, because they can't craft, because they can't wait, and so on. But... it's not devs' fault. It's players fault. Well, once again the point isn't to know who did what, but how to make the most possible people to be happy.

You bluesuits are fed up got killed everytime you enter in a town ? You don't manage to have and keep stuff ? PvP doesn't interest you ?

DO SOMETHING !

Don't just say "boo-ooh this game sucks". Find other players. Interact. Make friends. Make ennemies too. Regroup and protect the town by yourselves, instead of let NPC weak guards to do it. Barter with real players. Do quests. And for the god's health, STOP GETTING GLUED TO NCR ! Did you noticed that there's a game outside ? Yeah yeah, a real one, with things to do and so on...

Since the last wipe and the more of 500 players, I'm sooo happy to see that new unknown factions are showing 'em up and do Town Control ! Because before that, the only players that I knew was : my alliance (NA), Red Dot, DMC, and SoT. And the others 300 players ? Never heard about them. So please c'mon on the North, make towns living places, not AI or fighting places. You will be surprised, if there's 30 to 50 players in one town, nobody will be PKed by a team. Or if it will happen, then the 25 bluesuits survivor will rush on the "evil" team and punch 'em out of the town.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.