"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 01:54:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: How much do you enjoy playing FOnline?  (Read 51551 times)

Re: How much do you enjoy playing FOnline?
« Reply #285 on: April 13, 2010, 09:50:00 pm »

how did you get the time stamp...?
Chars:
KaptenStofil
Zpider

Time can be bent, twisted, pulled and pressed, but it never breaks.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #286 on: April 13, 2010, 09:57:28 pm »

The admin was masked as a deathclaw?

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #287 on: April 13, 2010, 10:14:21 pm »

.... no , thx to your new crit. tabels
Rockwell gold card owner.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #288 on: April 13, 2010, 10:25:38 pm »

Most of those results are from regions that are virtually unchanged, Deathclaws don't have better crits.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #289 on: April 13, 2010, 10:59:57 pm »

There's nothing wrong with this except the current pvp system where powerbuilds roam. If some dude was in VC and had a typical adventurer build and it was attacked by ncr which had many pvp-only manufactured characters, then it would basically force this adventurer dude to create a pvp oriented char to protect his faction.

Well its not that hard to figure it out. PvP should be done by those who seek it and others shouldn't be dragged into it if they don't want. And same goes for PvE. But both PvE and PvP should stand next to each other so there wouldn't be any barier betweend them like it is right now. And as far as factions attacking each other goes well PvE guy should be always possible to serve his faction through his skills (provide materials so faction can upgrade armaments for their NPC soldiers, work like a spy, take a job as factions main "blacksmith" etc.) or simply totaly ignore anything like wasteland politics and live his life. Just because you join faction that has enemies (and you might hate them too) does not mean you have to fight them. But something like direct faction attack on cities should be something very very rare. Only execpion would be for raiders that are dependent on town raids but they attack to loot not to dominate.

Anyway the main idea is if you join some faction you won't be able to kill other faction members if they are considered as "good" by your faction itself. I mean if I join NCR and I kill "good" people then its only my reputation that goes down. But I think there should be something like global reputation amongs factions and each single one of the faction members should have some impact on it. So if I as NCR citizen and approved member of this faction start to killing "good" guys that are considered as friendly with my faction then its like -100 reputation for me an - 0.01 reputation for NCR as a faction. So if I cross some line and I mess up with wrong guys then my faction will slowly consider me as a problem and it will result in banish from my faction. Other faction members will be allowed to hunt me down etc. But if I do good for my faction then I will be able to work my way up in chain of command and eventualy maybe command one of the city outposts that I have mentioned earlier or have access to factions supplies to distribute them amongs faction crafters that will craft stuff from materials given to them and then hand over items made from these mats etc... Simply make factions matter. Right now their only purpose is to suply people with proffesion trainers and also to annoy them with broken reputation calculations etc. And also limiting peoples proffesion like "if you want SG 3 then you have to be raider" is nothing but really bad call for any game what so ever. Limiting your character development with "have to do in order to" choices is the worst thing what game developers can do. Give people freedom instead and make all profs accessible somehow without the need to bind your char to something where there is no turning back. Faction profession trainers should be always priority if you want to upgrade you skills easily but there should be another (hard) way around.

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #290 on: April 13, 2010, 11:29:36 pm »

how did you get the time stamp...?
use F2for saving messages, btw F1 shows you list of shortcuts and more usefull info.
Rockwell gold card owner.
« Reply #291 on: April 14, 2010, 10:01:10 am »

ah, thanks.
Chars:
KaptenStofil
Zpider

Time can be bent, twisted, pulled and pressed, but it never breaks.

avv

« Reply #292 on: April 14, 2010, 05:14:17 pm »

And same goes for PvE. But both PvE and PvP should stand next to each other so there wouldn't be any barier betweend them like it is right now. And as far as factions attacking each other goes well PvE guy should be always possible to serve his faction through his skills (provide materials so faction can upgrade armaments for their NPC soldiers, work like a spy, take a job as factions main "blacksmith" etc.)

PvE man can fight too right? Well then why serve as arms supplier or thief if he can go to the front lines? Like you said, the barrier between pve and pvp has to be removed. I agree. However this must be done by altering the character's stats, perks and skill% impact on the character's effectiveness. Those factors should only determine what one can do, not how effectively one can do. The effectiveness should always come out of player's own skills, the character musn't do the thinking and planning for the player.

By this logic any char could pick up a gun and get in to the fray if the player knew how to fight in fonline. It's the same thing as if a player in some fps shooter went to fight with a pistol against better armed enemies. If you're skilled, you can still win less skilled enemies. Right now the characters do way too much work for players, leaving little room for actual skill.

EDIT: or what the hell, I'll make new thread.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:15:56 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2010, 05:17:42 pm »

yep, maybe have a skill level necessary to use weapons instead, 180% in sg to use a sniper for example, maybe more?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #294 on: April 14, 2010, 06:24:26 pm »

Now server is crap. Because server is shuting down every 2 hours. I'm finding lots of bugs, crashes giantic lags etc. If its possbile please change it because in short time this server will calapse
« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2010, 07:28:24 pm »

yep, maybe have a skill level necessary to use weapons instead, 180% in sg to use a sniper for example, maybe more?

Everyone is always quick to suggest high values without considering how limited skill points are, 180 in sg excludes a lot.

« Reply #296 on: April 14, 2010, 07:38:22 pm »

About the topic - well FO2238 currently is the only game I am playing... or was playing, before the server started lagging outrageously.
I was in euphoria when I saw Fallout 2 as mmorpg, it recreates it's atmosphere perfectly with other players. It's universe is not that vast like Lineage/WoW ( you'll never get lost ) and I already knew the world-map and almost all NPCs by heart. The game is really sadistic(!) and represents what probably the world would be after WW3/4 - even it has isometric game graphics, I just can't enjoy any other game like this one.
I am software developer and my day usually passes with 6-7 hours in coding and swearing, fixing bugs etc... and you should know - this game is the only thing except beer that relieves my nerves.
Keep up the good work.
« Reply #297 on: April 16, 2010, 01:40:20 am »

...well FO2238 currently is the only game I am playing...

Same here, not playing any other online games at the moment.

I really love what has been done with the game so far. It stays true to the original while adding in new elements to create and support an economy as well as many other features that propel MMORPGs.

The way gathering and crafting works, professions, tents and bank accounts, being able to hire mercs or become a slaver and enslave and sell NPCs, being able to create/join factions and make a plethora of different bases... Guarded and unguarded cities and mines, full loot and the constant danger of getting gunned down and robbed, or pickpocketed... Using radios to talk and send distress signals, being able to steal a players radio and spy on faction or group communication...and much more...

Honestly all of this combined makes the game feel like Ultima Online to me. UO is one of my favorite MMOs to date, I still play on a particular shard from time to time, and nobody has been able to make a game with that same feeling... (Except maybe Darkfall I guess but it still didn't feel right.) So for me it's like FOnline 2238 = Fallout + Ultima Online - and that's why I enjoy it so much...
« Reply #298 on: April 16, 2010, 01:48:32 am »

back to business with the diminishing xp removed  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.