"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:20:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: How much do you enjoy playing FOnline?  (Read 56323 times)

Re: How much do you enjoy playing FOnline?
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2010, 09:49:14 pm »

Ho really? Explain me how you lvl up a full PVP Big Guns player and get enough BA, avenger, 5mm AP to fight VSB/RED DOT/BBS/DMC/ROGUES?

After they fix that, I'll tell how to get everything you want, even from players, when you got that you need from someone else for your crap, that must be fixed!
Anyway, I just sold deteorated on 2% metal armor mk2 to 22 HP noob for his 3 beer (which I droped later at the same place), because I have enough of this metal shit and don't die so often to lose it.
Gave another metal armor to guy, only because he is from the same country as I am.
Gave 333 5mm to other guy, because he said "anyone give me ammo?", because I can get another 1k in notime.
Sold ~200.44 magnum ammo or 5mm (can't remember) to other guy for "thanks", because I don't need it.
Gave brahmin hides to bluesuiter, which I bought for 1k caps, because I don't need hides, nor caps (really need, but I can make it.)
Sold deteorated 5% assault rifle to guy for can't remember (flint or scorpion tail).
Also planing to sell rockets to these poor "Ahhh! It's so hard to craft rockets! I'll play SG!".

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2010, 09:50:55 pm »

we all playing in one server, fonline2238 but some of us playing in completely different game.. there is a lot of different types of players
 like me, lemark, samurai - we playing for compete with other gangs in holy wasteland war :>
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2010, 09:53:20 pm »

Learn how to play ?
Ok now seriously.
2238 dont have only players who want and like crafting and waiting. 2238 have too players who want and like fun from pure PvP. Someone dont understand it ? Learn how to play ? Ravenous please check your words again.
As said Samurai, just listen player voice. And as said Maszrum, everyone dont have too much of time as others.

Please forget for second on crafting and again "add" fun to game !
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2010, 09:57:43 pm »

we all playing in one server, fonline2238 but some of us playing in completely different game.. there is a lot of different types of players
 like me, lemark, samurai - we playing for compete with other gangs in holy wasteland war :>

+1 When I learn the RavenousRat reply I realize we don't really play the same game... He can't understand we don’t need metal mark 2 but BA, we can spend 2 000 5 mm ammo in few minutes, we need a lot more than 1 k to pay all our drugs etc… Maybe the game is more for NCR players than for North crusader…
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:04:17 pm by LeMark »
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2010, 10:04:10 pm »

Man, learn how to play. You can do easily without crafting after wipe. I don't even know why do I play for hybrid character, because I can play pure PvP character easy, but it's too late, plus I don't want to. I don't have alts, and will have only suiciders vs PKs later, I have only one and the main char. Yes, I'm sniper/crafter, but I don't craft my gear anymore and I don't need to, I just wasted alot points in repair and science skills, because I don't need it to play this game. And I don't talk about exploits, it's no matter, even if they fix that, I'll do the same, but a bit slower. And I did almost the same before discovered that thing, and I was doing well. The only thing I can say that is: after wipe you can easily play for non-crafter character easily, even alone, and still get the same gear as crafter-based charater. You just need more experience at this game.
lol, man, thoes guys you just shat on have thrice the experience you got.
Edit: Thrice the experience you'l EVER GET.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:06:17 pm by Quentin Lang »
I give a fuck.
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2010, 10:25:32 pm »

Learn how to play ?
Ok now seriously.
2238 dont have only players who want and like crafting and waiting. 2238 have too players who want and like fun from pure PvP. Someone dont understand it ? Learn how to play ? Ravenous please check your words again.
As said Samurai, just listen player voice. And as said Maszrum, everyone dont have too much of time as others.

Please forget for second on crafting and again "add" fun to game !

I was talking "learn how to play" meaning not how to act in PvP, or char-building, or something else, I want to say "learn how to not cry and not wait to get items" (and no, I'm not PK, I don't even get this items from someone's bodies)

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/7540/screen01042010231920.jpg
Everything you see in my inventory I got in... hmm 2 hours?(+I gave around 3 armors total, +alot assault rifles, +different ammo, +alot other things, +I don't like alot crap at my tent and my inventory, so I have only 1-2 gungs at the same time, if I getting 3rd - I droping/selling/dissasebling it.)

lol, man, thoes guys you just shat on have thrice the experience you got.
Edit: Thrice the experience you'l EVER GET.
Sorry for talking about experience, I meant only getting resources and not being crafter.
And btw, I don't have someone's help, I'm loner, and opposite, help others, if I were an evil PK and egoist (;p), I think I get x20 times more items like now.
Btw, now I going for some sniper rifles. ;p

Edit: btw getting 5mm AP ammo one of the easiest things at this game.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:29:34 pm by RavenousRat »

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2010, 10:40:26 pm »

I was talking "learn how to play" meaning not how to act in PvP, or char-building, or something else, I want to say "learn how to not cry and not wait to get items" (and no, I'm not PK, I don't even get this items from someone's bodies)

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/7540/screen01042010231920.jpg
Everything you see in my inventory I got in... hmm 2 hours?(+I gave around 3 armors total, +alot assault rifles, +different ammo, +alot other things, +I don't like alot crap at my tent and my inventory, so I have only 1-2 gungs at the same time, if I getting 3rd - I droping/selling/dissasebling it.)

Sorry for talking about experience, I meant only getting resources and not being crafter.
And btw, I don't have someone's help, I'm loner, and opposite, help others, if I were an evil PK and egoist (;p), I think I get x20 times more items like now.
Btw, now I going for some sniper rifles. ;p

Edit: btw getting 5mm AP ammo one of the easiest things at this game.

Hehe, funny to learn  :P

RavenousRas I invite you to play one day with us (Cajuns), you will see how many stocks we need/use in one day....

I thing you will have a huge surprise...

Edit: Don't forget we are in competition with many good teams and if we want to be competitive we have to lvl up fast (using ammo) and have the better stocks on the market, for us Combat Armor is not enough, we need BA and hunting rifle is useless when your opponent have sniper rifle… You will answer “I can get sniper rifle etc..”  But the time you get the sniper a PVP player from north can lose 2 or 3 sniper.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:51:16 pm by LeMark »

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2010, 10:57:41 pm »

So instead of making this game enjoyable for newbies and casual gamers we should teach them how to play? Is that your point RavenousRat?
When I play any other game if its Fallout Tactics, Might and Magic or Acromage or anything else you can think of (mmos too) I do it to enjoy my time spend ingame. But with current FOnline I feel more like I'm going to work just to get my char/stuff ready for his 10 minutes of glory until I'm killed. I don't know how you but I've never felt this way in older seasons (and I missed the last "pre-wipe"). And honestly I believe there were some bad calls done with few patches that take all the fun away. I don't have problem with that I will have to spend 3 months leveling my char up to 21st lvl (even when its not the case right now) but I mind if those 3 months will be filled up with nothing but repetition repetition repetition and even more repetition of boring stuff. It was never the case before since leveling was easy and fast more or less so people could focus on what they really enjoy and they did not have to kill their time 24/7 in order to reach that point.

I'm all for making leveling slower but it should be done at the point where we can actually enjoy leveling up through PvE, quests (that are not restricted by charisma, which is imho the worst call ever done in FOnline), playing in groups and sharing our exp with players. But now FOnline is pretty much empty when it comes to endgame activities and only real challenge for player driven factions is TC and PvP (and don't tell me that your gang organizes crafting sessions where you have "The best crafter of the timeout" reward and how much you enjoy it). I would love to see the day we will get PvE challenges for gangs introduced ingame or other activities (organized PvP in arenas/battlegrounds, improving our position within npc driven factions, time/action triggered events, exploration etc.). Yet we will have to wait for this stuff. I get it but the thing I don't get is why do you devs make the path from 0 to fun so complicated when there are no turns we can take on this road and thats making it pretty straight boring and not fun at all. When the game has something more to offer then it might be ready for crafting "fixes" that cut 1/2 of exp or smaller exp with every npc killed, yet the only effect such updates have on the game right now are that they are making it loose its dynamics and fun.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2010, 11:06:06 pm »

i hope, some developer will read your post Sius
+5
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2010, 11:11:12 pm »

Don't forget we are in competition with many good teams and if we want to be competitive we have to lvl up fast (using ammo) and have the better stocks on the market, for us Combat Armor is not enough, we need BA and hunting rifle is useless when your opponent have sniper rifle… You will answer “I can get sniper rifle etc..”  But the time you get the sniper a PVP player from north can lose 2 or 3 sniper.
Yes, I understand, but I was talking about how to be self-sufficient non-crafter.

But there's another thing... I'm doing it alone. But if, for example:
I have a gang.
We're hmm... 10 people.
We're all doing the same thing.
In like 15 minutes we'll get 1 sniper rifle.
.223 ammo, I think, easy to craft, I've died in unguarded mine 0 times + if you're not alone it's even harder.
5mm AP... hehehe, if you're 10... you'll get tones in few minutes + you'll get nice XP at the same time.
Don't know about miniguns. May be almost the same as sniper rifles in time. But I'm SGer only, so don't know anything about EW BG. I only tested, that I can get MFCs really fast and really easy, I even started to think about selling it to people... but I'll get caps faster alone without trading ;p
Hunting rifles are useless - no... I use it to get 5mm AP, but also you can use sniper rifles, or assault rifles (JHP ammo, don't waste AP) ;p
Getting bazookas and rockets is very easy, I can create suicide-one-shot-rocketeers alts to kill anyone (with not so high HP) in guarded towns.
About LSW/Laser rifle/Plasma Rifle/or something else, I don't know, because I'm not interested in it.

I just want to say, that you don't need to be a crafter, if you want to be self-sufficient. But... it'll kill all game, if every player you see is PvPer or something. So devs must remove something that they did after wipe. No, crafting/gathering is ok, quests is ok, but this... I'm SG2 prof (soon SG3, but I don't really know why do I need it...), and I almost don't use my crafting skills, I'm just sniper/outdoorsman character who wasted some points on science and repair.
So instead of making this game enjoyable for newbies and casual gamers we should teach them how to play? Is that your point RavenousRat?
When I play any other game if its Fallout Tactics, Might and Magic or Acromage or anything else you can think of (mmos too) I do it to enjoy my time spend ingame. But with current FOnline I feel more like I'm going to work just to get my char/stuff ready for his 10 minutes of glory until I'm killed. I don't know how you but I've never felt this way in older seasons (and I missed the last "pre-wipe"). And honestly I believe there were some bad calls done with few patches that take all the fun away. I don't have problem with that I will have to spend 3 months leveling my char up to 21st lvl (even when its not the case right now) but I mind if those 3 months will be filled up with nothing but repetition repetition repetition and even more repetition of boring stuff. It was never the case before since leveling was easy and fast more or less so people could focus on what they really enjoy and they did not have to kill their time 24/7 in order to reach that point.

I'm all for making leveling slower but it should be done at the point where we can actually enjoy leveling up through PvE, quests (that are not restricted by charisma, which is imho the worst call ever done in FOnline), playing in groups and sharing our exp with players. But now FOnline is pretty much empty when it comes to endgame activities and only real challenge for player driven factions is TC and PvP (and don't tell me that your gang organizes crafting sessions where you have "The best crafter of the timeout" reward and how much you enjoy it). I would love to see the day we will get PvE challenges for gangs introduced ingame or other activities (organized PvP in arenas/battlegrounds, improving our position within npc driven factions, time/action triggered events, exploration etc.). Yet we will have to wait for this stuff. I get it but the thing I don't get is why do you devs make the path from 0 to fun so complicated when there are no turns we can take on this road and thats making it pretty straight boring and not fun at all. When the game has something more to offer then it might be ready for crafting "fixes" that cut 1/2 of exp or smaller exp with every npc killed, yet the only effect such updates have on the game right now are that they are making it loose its dynamics and fun.

Just try to find other aims at this game, like me. ;p I'm going in parties with other players, but it's disadvantageous for me (I'll get everything faster alone), but I don't care, because I just want to get fun at Fallouty game.
When I'll be 21st level, I'll simply hunt all PKs, and really I will do that for just having an aim at this game. Because I don't want to do else, sometimes I getting 2-3 PKs in blacklist / hour, sometimes even faster, sometimes I can't meet any new PK in whole day. So... I think I'll hunt ~70% of all server till I get 21st level. My black list in .docx format in Microsof Office on few pages with very low font size. And it's my aim of this game, that's why I play it.
As I can see you playing it for PvP, but not with principles (hunting PK), you fight against gangs etc. So... it's your aim of this game. And you don't like to wait to get items to start act your aim? Yes, of couse, it's harder to get alot items for every gang member, especially when you can lose 1 sniper rifle/2 minutes. Yes, it's very hard. But when I started my posts at this thread, as you can see, it was adressed to one person who simply don't like to craft rockets. There wasn't anything about "Ahh, I'm bored crafting alot BAs and miniguns and 5mm and sniper rifles etc. for my gang".
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2010, 11:17:08 pm »

But you know how much time you must waste in game for stuff on 10 min in big battle ? How much 5mm or armors ? I mean big PvP battle. Not fight against raiders.

Again, only waiting and again waiting IS NOT fun.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2010, 11:32:58 pm »

I don't do PvP because I would have set is as my goal. I do PvP because its the only real engame interaction that FOnline has right now. In every other mmo I've played I was dedicated PvE player and if I can tell, then I was valuable member for my team/guild and we had some great times. Sure I tried PvP too and I was pretty good at it in most of the games but it often makes me angry to find out that there are better players than me and my keyboard could tell that its not good when I'm angry. Thats what I love on PvE. When you loose you can always get back and try again, improve yourself and when you finally kill that son of a ***** boss and claim your reward then its priceless feeling. If its 5 man group of low levels or 40 man raid of the top players from the server good PvE means more to me than PvP.

My point is that in current game you sure can take your 21 lvl chars and go chitchat into the caves and hunt something down but I prefer doing something that matter and can be seen in the world. I love when I see that my effort has caused something and I was rewarded for it. I like to develop and build stuff if its WoW or Sims it does not matter. Yet FOnline lack these features. Some can do without them, some can not.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2010, 12:30:45 am »

Heh, crafting is a lot fast. A LOT faster. Provides you with a gathering timeout, etc etc, bla bla bla. We all know crafting is faster.

Why are your complaints not your real complaints? :)

Why PvPers are complaining about a system which has PvP inherently built into it (on unguarded maps) makes me very puzzled.

As for PvE, we've already said we intend to add more ... why the need to repeat it over and over?

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2010, 12:45:24 am »

So for you is all waiting in this game good, funny and better ?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2010, 12:58:49 am »

What waiting?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Page created in 0.981 seconds with 22 queries.