"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:25:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Town Control Changes  (Read 15310 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Town Control Changes
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 01:01:44 pm »

Yeah, that would be needed.

Sius : You are right, the town control needs more than just "we killz people with weaponz", but as Solair said it is really too early for this. I think too that the first thing to do is to balance the fighting part. Only then we'll be able to talk properly about adjusting reward/other activities related to TC.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 01:05:23 pm »

Hi.

I think that's a good idea, but:

2. To gain control of the city you must enter this area with a minimum of 5 people and remain there for the duration of the countdown, after talking to the town leader to begin the countdown (as is the case now). These people will require "good" gear, which will largely be level 2+ items with some extra inclusions and some exclusions.

If one of this 5 players will die countdown is lost?
So maybe better will be when at least 5 players come to town leader (and will be registered) and 5 from all registered players have to be in town for all countdown. Remaining players can (but do not have to) wait on world map as reinforcements.
When countdown starts I will count entire town as "hill", if not, enemy always will know where you are.

Sorry for my english :(

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 01:08:30 pm »

Hi.

I think that's a good idea, but:

So maybe better will be when at least 5 players come to town leader (and will be registered) and 5 from all registered players have to be in town for all countdown. Remaining players can (but do not have to) wait on world map as reinforcements.
When countdown starts I will count entire town as "hill", if not, enemy always will know where you are.

Sorry for my english :(

well for example gang could wait in gecko reactors end after talking to mayor and take town in this way :/

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 01:10:40 pm »

Rewards and factors such as protecting NPCs/Whatever can come later when we actually have something which delivers action on a consistent basis, otherwise its just polishing a turd.

Discusion about where "The Hill" will be for each town will take place tonight, since these areas will be known by all participants there is no reason they can not be quite large areas - this will hopefully retain as much tactical flexibility as possible.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 01:14:48 pm »

Yes, I thought about it and it seems logical, but it would need a different reward system (we're talking about "Faction guarding town" status being changed to "None" when there is no faction present in the town).

factions cant stand in hill 24/7, i think if you successfully take town they should have control even if they leave, and if other gang fails on taking town (leaves hill/dies) town should stay controlled under the name of last faction that took town successfully, that could allow rewarding system stay similar, and factions to control multiple towns, cause if there would be "none" thing all biggest gangs would just take towns for themselves, as it would be hard to stand in hill of one town, and with remaining forces to assault another.
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 01:22:17 pm »

well for example gang could wait in gecko reactors end after talking to mayor and take town in this way :/

For example other gang can start new countdown in this time. Someone have to check all the time town mayor.

What with this Solar:

Discusion about where "The Hill" will be for each town will take place tonight, since these areas will be known by all participants there is no reason they can not be quite large areas - this will hopefully retain as much tactical flexibility as possible.

That's good :)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 01:24:38 pm »

For example other gang can start new countdown in this time. Someone have to check all the time town mayor.

but it would be more or less same as world map camping... and this change is to make fights instead of that camping ^^

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 01:36:53 pm »

What with this Solar:

I don't get what you mean.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 02:46:34 pm »

but it would be more or less same as world map camping... and this change is to make fights instead of that camping ^^

But when your goal is to defend 5 guys from being killed it will be really hard to take town in control.

Solar, I just wondered how to make equal chances for team trying to control town and team who disturbs. My point was to extend "hill" area for almost all city, and set numbers of registered players being all the time in city to 5. For example when 8 players are registered 3 can leave town and come back(and that 3 still is registered) . Only when number of registered players in town is less than 5 countdown will stop.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 02:48:57 pm »

Solar, I just wondered how to make equal chances for team trying to control town and team who disturbs

Why should there be equal chance ? For once, defenders could have some advantages.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 02:50:40 pm »

I'd really like to test such Town Control  ;D
It will surely add some dynamism to the current one.

I've also made a TC suggestion which can be linked to yours.
Maybe you might have a look at it:

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5531.0
TTTLA for a New World Order

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 04:17:36 pm »

A couple of militia spawning after choosing the "I've brought a couple of guys with me(...)" line from the mayor and the actual countdown starting after these guys are dead might prevent 3-4x bluesuit pack running straight into town berserk-mode capping a city, talking bout the current TC.

Anyways, back to the new scheme, I like it very much, though being a Halo player, I'd love to see things such as "hill contested", so that another gang could hop in straight into the last two minutes and grab a capture over a town. More importantly, random placement of the hill so battles wouldn't be so monotonous, giving some advantages for certain classes in some spots, making others useful in a completely different hill.
You have received a warning due to the fact of deliberately breaching the Internet etiquette of the Fonline 2238 community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules (...)

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 06:18:25 pm »

i think its a very good idea, but i think after town is being successfully taken, it should become invulnerable for some time, like 1-5 hours so that it would be worth risking for those 5 or more people to stand in HILL and risk dying :> what you think about that ?
I agree with this statement, towns should be locked out for a few hours after taking, so it will force others to do something when a gang takes over the city, rather than waiting for the best opportunity
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 06:26:49 pm »

I agree with this statement, towns should be locked out for a few hours after taking, so it will force others to do something when a gang takes over the city, rather than waiting for the best opportunity

jup point of that would be to fight against gang when they are on the hill, not when they leave, then some of players go to do something, and they retake in lame way ^^ also if for example WEAK GANG X sees STRONG GANG Y that they are taking town, they can take town too, cause Y gang will have to stand on hill in one place to take town, and if they see town control being stopped and gang Y abandoned the town which they were taking, gang X can flee too. Im not saying that invulnerability should last long, but just some time, that the gang who successfully took town, could have time to take other times instead of constant defending and watching for their newly taken town not to be lost.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:31:15 pm by vedaras »
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 06:32:57 pm »

Another random thing I think would help, make militia better.  It would make taking the town harder and encourage people to protect a town.  I read a post about a captain that spawns lower level militia, I thought that was a great idea. And maybe when the controlling faction talks to the mayor they could give their mercs different commands like defend non hostile players. Any way to encourage trading in unguarded towns. I like the idea of seeing faction A is in control of town B, faction A is known for keeping the city safe so you can bet its safe to go there a trade. Give % of profits to the controlling faction. This way cities like redding could have a few main factions that vie for control. Like in New Reno the Bishops and the Mordinos fight for control, in Redding it could be well known that the VSB and the West Necros are the main contesting families/factions.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.857 seconds with 21 queries.