"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:29:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Town Control Changes  (Read 15316 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Town Control Changes
« on: June 06, 2010, 10:44:45 pm »

OK, after a discussion with a few of the gangs on IRC we have come up with a provisional list of things which would help TC become something more enjoyable.

1. In each Town Control City there will exist a pre-defined area which will act as "The Hill" in a King of the Hill style system.

2. To gain control of the city you must enter this area with a minimum of 5 people and remain there for the duration of the countdown, after talking to the town leader to begin the countdown (as is the case now). These people will require "good" gear, which will largely be level 2+ items with some extra inclusions and some exclusions.

3. People in sneak do not count towards this minimum.

4. If a countdown is currently running, preview is disabled for this town.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:49:32 pm by Solar »
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Re: Town Control Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 10:46:24 pm »

This is epic.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 10:50:01 pm »

(...) 3. People in sneak do not count towards this minimum. (...)

As i said on IRC - don't forget about dead/"off" chars.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:50:10 pm »

Surf Solar dont like it but +1. Its really good idea
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 10:59:30 pm »

i think its a very good idea, but i think after town is being successfully taken, it should become invulnerable for some time, like 1-5 hours so that it would be worth risking for those 5 or more people to stand in HILL and risk dying :> what you think about that ?
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 11:02:26 pm »

This points are now discussed by almost all gangs which are interested in TC. I think that now, no changes needed.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 11:08:43 pm »

i think its a very good idea, but i think after town is being successfully taken, it should become invulnerable for some time, like 1-5 hours so that it would be worth risking for those 5 or more people to stand in HILL and risk dying :> what you think about that ?

No. If anything, increase the reward value. Slowing down the game is not a good idea.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 03:15:22 am »

~NoSupport Not To seem Like a Dick, If its King of the Hill, You cant have heaps Strategic Positions for youre Troops.
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 09:10:08 am »

I'm eager to see this in game, although I would have prefered the town to be lost if there's no one on the "hill" anymore.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 09:40:39 am »

~NoSupport Not To seem Like a Dick, If its King of the Hill, You cant have heaps Strategic Positions for youre Troops.

that depends on how big is "hill" ^^

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 09:57:20 am »

On one side you don't like artificial arenas such as CTF/Deadmatch but on the other hand you turn TC into king of the hill? I understand that FOnline lacks proper locations for PvP with objectives/rewards so towns will have to provide that for now, but still I think TC should be more about actual protection of the town and living/building/growing there rather than just place to beat the shit out of each other.

Well it seems its too soon to want something like that at this point.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 10:06:20 am »

On one side you don't like artificial arenas such as CTF/Deadmatch but on the other hand you turn TC into king of the hill? I understand that FOnline lacks proper locations for PvP with objectives/rewards so towns will have to provide that for now, but still I think TC should be more about actual protection of the town and living/building/growing there rather than just place to beat the shit out of each other.

Well it seems its too soon to want something like that at this point.

It will help for actual town protection, and building growing of it, cause now gangs will only take town when they will be willing to fight not to run like now ^^ And gangs with plans like rogues with broken hill or vsb with redding, will have chance to defeat their enemies and continue to implement their plans for town instead of chasing weak gangs through various towns.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 10:21:36 am »

And no more worldmap camping, that counts too.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 10:36:40 am »

My point is its still "just" another way how to kill other players. But town itself has nothing out of it other than few dead NPCs per gang fight. Its actually pretty opposite to town protection, its more like town demolition.
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 12:41:30 pm »

You're wrong Sius and vederas told you why.

Also about this part:

I'm eager to see this in game, although I would have prefered the town to be lost if there's no one on the "hill" anymore.

Yes, I thought about it and it seems logical, but it would need a different reward system (we're talking about "Faction guarding town" status being changed to "None" when there is no faction present in the town).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 27 queries.