"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:20:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Town Control Changes  (Read 15309 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Town Control Changes
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 07:46:02 pm »

Another random thing I think would help, make militia better.  It would make taking the town harder and encourage people to protect a town.  I read a post about a captain that spawns lower level militia, I thought that was a great idea. And maybe when the controlling faction talks to the mayor they could give their mercs different commands like defend non hostile players. Any way to encourage trading in unguarded towns. I like the idea of seeing faction A is in control of town B, faction A is known for keeping the city safe so you can bet its safe to go there a trade. Give % of profits to the controlling faction. This way cities like redding could have a few main factions that vie for control. Like in New Reno the Bishops and the Mordinos fight for control, in Redding it could be well known that the VSB and the West Necros are the main contesting families/factions.
Dis :P.

Also I like the idea in a whole but this is slightly off.  Say for example gangmembers are going to Hill but in that town they are killed by camping gangers making it impossible for this "King of the Hill" to really take place unless entire force is that at the very moment.  For those who don't understand I'm 5 gangmembers can stay on hill and take it (e.g. 5 bluesuits) while rest of gang camps and rapes the rest that come near it from the spawn points in towns.  Or is this the point?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 07:52:42 pm »

For those who don't understand I'm 5 gangmembers can stay on hill and take it (e.g. 5 bluesuits) while rest of gang camps and rapes the rest that come near it from the spawn points in towns.  Or is this the point?

read whole post before commenting, there will be gear check, no blue suites :>

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 07:56:41 pm »

read whole post before commenting, there will be gear check, no blue suites :>
Wel lets say they do that but the rest pf gang still camps and rapes any other gangers coming to try and join.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 08:01:03 pm »

Then they will have to get there before one of them dies, or they fail to take the town.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 08:26:03 pm »

With a better militia and the KOTH changes I think TC would go like this.

1. Gang shows up in town.
2. Gang goes to KOTH spot attacks militia guarding it.
3. Gang finishes off militia and takes losses, but if 5 or more are still around start the countdown, otherwise the gang has to wait for re-enforcments to start while militia might start to respawn, making it very hard to take a city.
4. While the countdown is going on gang defends hill from other gangs trying to stop them.
5. Gang finishes timer and takes control.
6. Gang installs militia throughout city(ie respawning captains) and helps defend town while militia builds up. Also I think choosing how militia will behave would be great (ie defend non hostiles/kill enemies of faction/... maybe even attack only members of faction x, y and z.
7. Gang can leave and come back every now and then to collect profits from trading or to defend when another gang trys to attack, safe knowing that it requires a major offensive to take the town.

*Another random thought, it might be possible to make militia charge mine tax (ie if a player doesn't put an ore or mineral in a container before they leave the mine the militia will kill them on the way out.)  The ability to choose the laws in a town I think would make them feel a lot more alive.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 08:32:49 pm »

*Another random thought, it might be possible to make militia charge mine tax (ie if a player doesn't put an ore or mineral in a container before they leave the mine the militia will kill them on the way out.)  The ability to choose the laws in a town I think would make them feel a lot more alive.

that would be fuckin bullshit, i can tell you how many taxes you could gather 0. All would go to gecko mine. Never mind that you put expensive resource for gang you are still easily fucked, since mines are on other sides of map from mayors both in bh and redding and pkers can still  hunt you down. Gangs are powerful enough that they could leave 100% of resources for poor blue miners :/
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 12:08:12 am »

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the tax thing either. Trying to give people a reason to leave bluesuits alone.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 12:11:27 am »

If anything the gangs could always exto- I mean Tax you manually when you mine... a couple gangers at entrance and other possible entrances asking for half the ore each time :P.
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 03:52:52 pm »

After testing:

- taking all cities at once in bluesuits - fixed
- camping on world map - partially fixed
- more dynamic than previous system

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 04:15:03 pm »

Only partially ?
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 04:25:29 pm »

Sure partially, not everyone stay inside, it would be suicide, so some reinforcement wait on WM-but at least some people are inside.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 04:55:10 pm »

Any solution ? The only one I see is to increase minimum fighters number, which is quite a bad solution. I guess even a minimum % of your faction members wouldn't be a good solution, as you can easily bypass this.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 06:28:20 pm »

if i understand right if people die who were in hill and faction doesnt have enough members on hill at that moment tc timer is cancelled, so i think its ok, cause way more then 5 needs  to stay on hill for successful takeover.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 06:29:01 pm »

if i understand right if people die who were in hill and faction doesnt have enough members on hill at that moment tc timer is cancelled, so i think its ok, cause way more then 5 needs  to stay on hill for successful takeover.

Correct. But the number varies between different towns.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm »

well, i think that camping popularity is proportional to "hills" size :> ( i dont know how it looks now so i maybe wrong in here), but if camping is still a problem maybe hill needs to be expanded a little ? :>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.