"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:32:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Town Control Changes  (Read 15317 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Town Control Changes
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 06:38:59 pm »

Camping on map is not a real problem, camping on worldmap is.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 06:40:24 pm »

Camping on map is not a real problem, camping on worldmap is.

about world map camping i am talking about :>

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 06:55:52 pm »

i sugest that you need 5 to start the countdown,but onli 1 member needs to stay in "the top of the hill",vuz if there more,can be ambushed on snipers,and other 2 to stay on the map,so need 3 to continue the countdown
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2010, 10:45:38 pm »

Well there is no serious problem with WM camping, as reinforcement are very likely to enter the map when squad taking TC gets attacked (else they would stay on WM totally without sense).

There is a problem with drug users and normal chars, as to take city you have to stay there for 25 minutes, which is longer than jet works.. so you risk getting caught on withdrawal.. yet you can't use normal chars because attackers can wipe you out easily with drug using chars. The solution is probably to create and use chars which would be something between normal chars and full drug users, I mean those who can be effective using 1 dose of every drug at all times. Still they won't be as effective as full drug users, so you have to get advantage from larger numbers of people in your team or using mercs

Also we haven't tested yet how using mercs will affect new TC and I've got a feeling that using the most expensive ones will affect it greatly.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2010, 11:19:48 pm »

Well there is no serious problem with WM camping, as reinforcement are very likely to enter the map when squad taking TC gets attacked (else they would stay on WM totally without sense).

There is a problem with drug users and normal chars, as to take city you have to stay there for 25 minutes, which is longer than jet works.. so you risk getting caught on withdrawal.. yet you can't use normal chars because attackers can wipe you out easily with drug using chars. The solution is probably to create and use chars which would be something between normal chars and full drug users, I mean those who can be effective using 1 dose of every drug at all times. Still they won't be as effective as full drug users, so you have to get advantage from larger numbers of people in your team or using mercs

Also we haven't tested yet how using mercs will affect new TC and I've got a feeling that using the most expensive ones will affect it greatly.

25 minutes is too much, it should be 20 minutes like was before or even 15 :> Time should be long enough that gangs could gather up and attack someone if they see time takeover starts, and in 25 minutes each gang can die and back and do that like 3 times in one tc countdown, what i do not like :>
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:42:20 am by vedaras »
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 01:50:19 am »

I wrote this on irc but i'll repeat here: there seems to be a bug while taking city. The counter stops but city isn't taken, yet there is no possibility to buy militia (but there IS an option to buy them while chatting with TC leader - he responds with same message as if the counter was active) and also no possibility to try to take town again. Seems like the counter was still active and didn't end. We had such situation in Klamath and Den, it is possible that during the fight some of our gang members died and there was not enough of them in TC area, but the counter wasn't stopped.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 09:53:56 pm »

Defending is always harder than attacking, because of lack of informations, drugs cooldowns, ... .

So my little suggestion:

Defending team (during capturing) should have info about number of players entering the city.

So they will get random radio frequency and they will recieve info about numbers of players and entering location. I.e.: 3 pl + 2 npc Redding Mine.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 10:15:11 pm »

Defending is always harder than attacking, because of lack of informations, drugs cooldowns, ... .

So my little suggestion:

Defending team (during capturing) should have info about number of players entering the city.

So they will get random radio frequency and they will recieve info about numbers of players and entering location. I.e.: 3 pl + 2 npc Redding Mine.

Capturing is supposed to be harder than defending.
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 10:55:14 pm »

Ok, i have something about combat area in Modoc. As you all know, Joe(city mayor) is now placed in General Store. But this place is bad for tactic, is near from one exit grid and etc.

So i have one suggestion. It will be better for tactic if Joe(taking city) will be in Maintance Centrum and Combat Area too(Arround MC). Its in center of town.
Btw, Chest with reward is in MC too.

What you think ?
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 11:55:39 am »

quick post, my proposal for enlarge TC zones

http://i47.tinypic.com/9az2oj.gif klamath
http://i49.tinypic.com/ej3i9.gif   modoc

imho - bigger area - bigger fun

btw. guys , do you have maps of other cities ?
time to catch some sun on beach :o

Atom

• Rotator
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 12:24:53 pm »

On the technical side, defined areas can be of any polygonal shape, not necessarily composed of rectangles, and not necessarily one per city. List of hexes defining the vertices (in a counter-clockwise order) would be appreciated, but pictures are sufficient too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:46:54 pm by Atom »

RestarT

• MC Vagina is back!
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 03:20:04 pm »

I like this new TC system.

But I have question. What happens if 1 of 5 people who took town die but there is another person which is in same gang like person which died, so gang still have 5 members in town. Did counter stop or dead member will be replaced by member which is alive?

Atom

• Rotator
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 03:48:27 pm »

The gang is allowed a total of 40 seconds time without passing the "valid captors" test (give or take few seconds depending on check cycle time) before countdown is stopped.
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16:14 pm »

When countdown is stopped due to lack of members, is it reset (less than ideal) or is it simply stopped where it is at until the faction once again meets the requirements (ideal)

Atom

• Rotator
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2010, 12:00:53 am »

It is reset, but before this happens there are those 40 seconds.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 2.449 seconds with 27 queries.