"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 10:07:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: TC: long term goal  (Read 3623 times)

TC: long term goal
« on: June 07, 2010, 02:44:04 pm »

I think it would be nice to have a middle/long term goal to Town control.

For that, it would be nice to cumulate the town control of a gang for each city.
I mean if a gang takes control of a city, the time of its control is stored. Than, if this gang takes back this city the new time of its control will be added to the previous one and so on.

When this cumulative time is equal to 24h (in real time), then new options are opened.

Example with Den:

After several days, a gang succeeds to have a cumulative time of 24h for Den.
Thus, new options are opened to him:

option 1:

The gang collects an extra amounts of caps, items, slaves or mercenaries

option 2:

option 1 + a new quest is temporarily opened to all wastelanders.
(this quest will last until another gang reached 24h for Den)

This quest could be:

Go to Den=>Talk to Metzeger=>You will see a new line in the dialog=>"Vote for the gang"=>"Yes"or"No"
=>whatever the wastelander has voted, he will be rewarded by 500 xp+a leather jacket

=>If the gang gathers at least 30 votes, he will be granted some very interesting amount of caps, items, slaves or mercenaries

This idea probably has many weaknesses and maybe greater options could be found but the general theme is to have a long term goal for Town Control.

Of course, Orange numbers have to be tested

TTTLA for a New World Order

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: TC: long term goal
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:49:11 pm »

i dont like thing that it would enlarge difference between the very strongest factions and the weaker ones :>

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 02:51:16 pm »

Yes, as said Vedaras. If there has to be a goal for TC, then it should be on the interaction between faction members and wastelanders, not on the advantages these faction members get (Also, for this quests idea : It wouldn't work, because of alts feature... =/).
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 02:54:31 pm »

I have thought about alts but I would answer So What?

I want to link the two worlds : the world of the North and the world of the south=> more interactions between players means greater game

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 02:56:30 pm »

I have thought about alts but I would answer So What?

I want to link the two worlds : the world of the North and the world of the south=> more interactions between players means greater game

if you want to link the world then act like you do, help people do quests in north, maybe help to taxi them if they respawned in "wrong" position after death and etc. Promoting yourself doesnt sound for me like interaction with other players :>
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:01:17 pm »

if you want to link the world then act like you do, help people do quests in north, maybe help to taxi them if they respawned in "wrong" position after death and etc. Promoting yourself doesnt sound for me like interaction with other players :>

=> that's why I said: vote "yes" or "no"

=> if your gang is appreciated (through your actions) by other players, than they will vote for you=> and if not enough "yes" votes=> no reward

The idea is to add sense to towns control
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:04:08 pm by Cryofluid »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 03:02:51 pm »

=> that's why I said: vote "yes" or "no"

=> if your gang is appreciated (through your actions) by other players, than they will vote for you=> and if not enough "yes" votes=> no reward

gangs have so much allies that they could act like biggest assholes and still vote themselves as saviours of the town. Thats what i meant by promoting yourselves.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 03:09:02 pm »

gangs have so much allies that they could act like biggest assholes and still vote themselves as saviours of the town. Thats what i meant by promoting yourselves.

Sure many will do this.

But for other gangs which won't have enough guys, it will be some fun to look for players in south cities, to bring them back north, to protect them until they vote...

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 03:12:45 pm »

But for other gangs which won't have enough guys

never heard of those :> neither i believe that faction with 12 active members for example could take town and organise polls or something like that.
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 09:11:13 pm »

The gang collects an extra amounts of caps, items, slaves or mercenaries

Go to Den=>Talk to Metzeger=>You will see a new line in the dialog=>"Vote for the gang"=>"Yes"or"No"
=>whatever the wastelander has voted, he will be rewarded by 500 xp+a leather jacket

=>If the gang gathers at least 30 votes, he will be granted some very interesting amount of caps, items, slaves or mercenaries

First thing is already implemented: if you control the town for long time, the reward is rising.
Second thing will be ruined by massive alting.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.