"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 01:56:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

How would you like TC to be in the next session?

Remain as it is
- 21 (21.6%)
Removed
- 30 (30.9%)
Changed (please, reply how and why)
- 44 (45.4%)
Other (please, reply)
- 2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: TC in the next session  (Read 24082 times)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: TC in the next session
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2011, 11:38:43 am »

"Roleplay":

Problem i see in roleplay activities of major gangs (TTTLA, Samaritans,BHH,...). They caputre the city and try to roleplay there (invite players, organize small pvp actions, pve trips,..) that are different from shoot in sight kind of  "roleplay". But this will be no more, because EVERY player of 2238 is soon or later gang player (because he soon or later buy base). So this idea of influences will be purely against any roleplay i described, because every neutral, friendly, unnamed, newbie (with base),.. would be considered as hostile (by influence mechanism) and by controling team (because he will eliminate or lower their raise of influence), so this influential system will support only player killing, rather then other interactive activity with players. :/

Yeah; that's kinda problematic if you end up killing everyone with tier 2+ stuff to be sure you won't loose any influence. Maybe add a command or option in faction terminal to determine if you do want to gain influence (and prevent other to gain it) in each towns, if yes you are automatically red tagged for controlling faction, or they receive a message in their log with the names concerned?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2011, 12:28:36 pm »

In addition to the boost for letting people do things in town, there should also be a "limit" on how much of a boost they could give per day, such as only letting a single non-gang member boost influence up to set amount, or have it scale so that the actions only give 10% of what it normally gives after a while, to prevent auto clickers and proxies from exploiting, but still giving a reason for them to let people in.
Yes, good thinking.

Inactivity of 2 minutes => autoclicker. But i dont see this as a problem. Searching for inactive alts could boost "small pvp actions". Problem i see is INACTIVE PLATOON of sneakers :))
Sneakers are not counted.

Problem i see are hotel rooms. Hotel room filled of afk platoon of players to raise influence..
Those rooms (like in Klamath) will have to be excluded.

This could be fixed by getting more influence depending on how many players are online globally. The server checks the peak player ammount, currently about 200 players in the evening. Then it checks the bottom ammount, which is about 70 players in the night and morning. If some abusers like to do tc at night/early moring they get less influence because the danger of attack is smaller due to less players online globally.
Could be a viable option, but if it's going to work, it has to be only a slight difference, or else people might start trying to manipulate global character count with bots etc, which is really bad.

Yeah; that's kinda problematic if you end up killing everyone with tier 2+ stuff to be sure you won't loose any influence. Maybe add a command or option in faction terminal to determine if you do want to gain influence (and prevent other to gain it) in each towns, if yes you are automatically red tagged for controlling faction, or they receive a message in their log with the names concerned?
Sounds good.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2011, 12:48:26 pm »

Crazy, that sounds crazy, writing command in faction terminal, if i dont want to "raise influence" in cities. Practical problems: one member wants to influence, one not (wants to roleplay). Or even you can set it individualy, you will have to come back to base to turn off this option every time, you want to visit friends in city for small ingame chat? Well, that is very "populating city" idea.

Basic players or gangs (= players and gangs that dont want to raise influence in city) should not do anything. In comparsion with real life, they only visited city, nothing more. They dont "scare locals" for some black money, or ciggarets gifts. Also practical reasons.. after wipe, there will be much more players playing (i hope). So you will need to talk to every player who does not know about influencing and you will have to force them to "turn off" their influence. So basicly, you will kill them. (Imagine situation where you have incomming one new player per minute in city (because of basic set of quests) and you need "explain" everyone to get back on base and turn off influence...).

So my idea: Influence will raise only if you have special item (dog tag,...) in your inventory = 1/0 condition.

Or different idea, something related to playability, .. influence will raise only if you will have radio with local (city) radiochannel tuned in your inventory. There should also exist some mechanism to detect if you have radio tuned, maybe that basic message sended via that radio channel will always show up on over the player.

Or invent something different, but players who wants to visit city without hostility to current city influence owners should not do anything to prevent eliminating former gang raising their influence.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2011, 04:23:09 pm »

So my idea: Influence will raise only if you have special item (dog tag,...) in your inventory = 1/0 condition.

+1

Also, this will solve alliances problems. Any faction that is allied with the faction that is gaining influence can come and aid without the tags, this way the influence level won't be afected.

My question is how the faction that is gaining influence will know who is just visiting the town and who is there for town control.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2011, 04:30:04 pm »

My question is how the faction that is gaining influence will know who is just visiting the town and who is there for town control.
If you have dogtag, your name will have special color. Color1 for your gang members and Color2 for any other gang member, if you're not in a gang, then probably you won't see it at all to make life for 1st lvl bluesuit spies a bit harder.

avv

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2011, 04:45:15 pm »

Influence zones could exist but so that they cover the downtown sectors so that gang desiring influence can't camp the corners of the map where they can form strongest positions. Downtown areas in general are in the center of map and accessible from many directions, making it hard to form solid defenses. In addition, like shown in that klamath pic, you couldn't receive or block influence when inside buildings.

If you have dogtag, your name will have special color. Color1 for your gang members and Color2 for any other gang member, if you're not in a gang, then probably you won't see it at all to make life for 1st lvl bluesuit spies a bit harder.

Colouring is a good idea. But it won't affect those spies, they know who they are looking for.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2011, 05:21:39 pm »

Well, another problem solved. Now let's hope the devs can implement it.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2011, 09:00:21 pm »

This could be fixed by getting more influence depending on how many players are online globally. The server checks the peak player ammount, currently about 200 players in the evening. Then it checks the bottom ammount, which is about 70 players in the night and morning. If some abusers like to do tc at night/early moring they get less influence because the danger of attack is smaller due to less players online globally.

I really do like your idea , but people with different time zones will still suffer , for example " Grim reapers " spanish faction that is active when most of the server is sleeping , so if they will want to gain influence and take control of a town they will have a huge disadvantage over other players.

We need a different approach.

avv

« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2011, 09:43:29 pm »

I really do like your idea , but people with different time zones will still suffer , for example " Grim reapers " spanish faction that is active when most of the server is sleeping , so if they will want to gain influence and take control of a town they will have a huge disadvantage over other players.

It's not huge disadvantage because they hardly encounter any resistance. Only if they were some uber kickass gang that would defeat everyone anyway it'd be a disadvantage.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2011, 09:56:14 pm »

It's not huge disadvantage because they hardly encounter any resistance. Only if they were some uber kickass gang that would defeat everyone anyway it'd be a disadvantage.

Hardly any resistance is bad for them because they don't control towns for RP reasons but to get a fight , it doesn't matter if their good or bad , they will still get less influence and pretty much no fight.

Maybe the influence gain should be constant all the time.
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2011, 10:33:33 pm »

Hardly any resistance is bad for them because they don't control towns for RP reasons but to get a fight , it doesn't matter if their good or bad , they will still get less influence and pretty much no fight.

Maybe the influence gain should be constant all the time.

So we should move to country closer to them? Let them fight?
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2011, 01:59:06 am »

I fully agree with avv (on the matter of gaining influence during night), its a perfect idea and makes sense.

On the other hand, I dont like the idea with dog tags, just another item you must not forget to bring on fight, making soldier´s life a little bit more complicated. Id prefer a switch maybe, with a certain cooldown (30m?)
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2011, 10:17:52 am »

Dog tag would be another item that would just lie around after death so as Sarakin said a switch sounds better though I'm unsure how it could be made in a way it doesn't shows on non faction characters and not dialog starts it since the latter could be abused by killing the guy that needs to be asked.
« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2011, 10:37:30 am »

This is just getting more and more complicated..   ;D

avv

« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2011, 02:43:44 pm »

On the other hand, I dont like the idea with dog tags, just another item you must not forget to bring on fight, making soldier´s life a little bit more complicated. Id prefer a switch maybe, with a certain cooldown (30m?)

Just a switch with cooldown of 30sec-1min. 30min is too much because you might go to another town where you don't want to have influence.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 25 queries.