"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 01:33:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

How would you like TC to be in the next session?

Remain as it is
- 21 (21.6%)
Removed
- 30 (30.9%)
Changed (please, reply how and why)
- 44 (45.4%)
Other (please, reply)
- 2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: TC in the next session  (Read 24079 times)

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
Re: TC in the next session
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2011, 06:07:27 pm »

If thats about NPS - biggunners etc. will alwaus kill them...
This only applies to current controlling faction (with most influence).

You could use influence zones, like tc zones. Influence zones would border buildings so that no influence will be given if the character is inside a building.
Maybe, if it doesn't work in any other way. Remember that if two or more factions are present, no one gains any loyality from camping, but it's true that the current controller does stand a bit more to gain by keeping status quo.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:09:26 pm by Ghosthack »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2011, 06:31:43 pm »

Another solution : After 2 minutes of inactivity, you get disconnected from the game. ;D
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

JovankaB

« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2011, 06:32:32 pm »

Possibly encouraging trade and movement of non-faction people, but how to safeguard such a system from abuse is not clear. If you have any ideas, put them forth.

When a player not belonging to the faction does some task in town AND leaves it safely town influence of controlling faction increases. Only AFTER the player leaves the town alive. Tasks - mining, using workbench to craft good items (not some crap like knuckles), shoveling, doing quests, selling good items CRAFTED IN TOWN, buing bases, buing mercenaries, buing professions.

For example - a player comes to town, mines 10 ores (+10 pre-influece), shovels 5 shits (+1 pre-influence ), does shovel quest ( +10 pre-influence ), crafts 4 rifles (+20 pre-influence) and sells them to town merchant (+40 pre-influence). If the player leaves the town without dying, the faction in town gains 81 influence points. But if the player dies, all the pre-influence he/she collected is lost.

You have to be careful to choose tasks that can't be farmed easily. Like trading back and forth is not good, so I propose only selling items you crafted in the town (without earning pre-influence for buying them back and selling again). Also buying things via dialog, like beer/nuka cola would be good, if only it didn't add caps to bartender inventory (it does).

This should be generally small gain / player, so you would need many people to come to town to notice positive effect.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:45:03 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2011, 06:46:19 pm »

no tc zone + stoping gaining "influecne" by defeding faction in situation when another faction goes inside a town = ridiculous situation

"defending faction" gonna need infact to attack "attacking" faction - couse attacers could just hide their asses inside some building or other almost non-attackable place and just sit there and spoil gaining influence.   So u just gona twist roles and atacers gona have big upperhand especially in tactics -> I could hide 5 BG in building "defenders" need to attack them so I can keep rest on worldmap and backstubb "defenders" while theyr attacking my 5 biggunners hidden inside the building.

avv

« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »

When a player not belonging to the faction does some task in town AND leaves it safely town influence of controlling faction increases. Only AFTER the player leaves the town alive.

This would be good, if it can be done.

You have to be careful to choose tasks that can't be farmed easily.

Not really if the bonus won't be that massive. A customer could be equal to a gangmember in terms of influence gain.

no tc zone + stoping gaining "influecne" by defeding faction in situation when another faction goes inside a town = ridiculous situation

"defending faction" gonna need infact to attack "attacking" faction - couse attacers could just hide their asses inside some building or other almost non-attackable place and just sit there and spoil gaining influence.   So u just gona twist roles and atacers gona have big upperhand especially in tactics -> I could hide 5 BG in building "defenders" need to attack them so I can keep rest on worldmap and backstubb "defenders" while theyr attacking my 5 biggunners hidden inside the building.

The influence blockers could also need to be inside the influence zone to block it. Like described, the influence zone should be general streets and areas, not some toilet or building with one entrance. If someone wants to hide in those buiding and harass the defenders, surely they can be smoked out, leaving the influence zone for small moment should be allowed.

For example Klamath influence zone could look like this: http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5627/rofluence.jpg  (slaughterhouse is not influence zone either, didn't just remember to outline it)
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2011, 08:47:53 pm »

Influence zone is problematic. Camping at the end of the map can be pretty much like camping in a building.

The other problem is that it will lead to alliance ending up in same faction in order to increase influence faster/easier, which is kinda sad with the new awesome faction system. Allowing allied factions to mix up their influence maybe? (at least that an allied faction don't prevent you to gain influence).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2011, 09:33:43 pm »

Influence zone is problematic. Camping at the end of the map can be pretty much like camping in a building.

The other problem is that it will lead to alliance ending up in same faction in order to increase influence faster/easier, which is kinda sad with the new awesome faction system. Allowing allied factions to mix up their influence maybe? (at least that an allied faction don't prevent you to gain influence).

Alliance would be good, but it needs reworking of some internal faction stuff and the TC script, so it won't happen this wipe, maybe as an update later. For now an alliance will have to split different towns between them.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2011, 09:47:39 pm »

How is that going to allow players to run a town without having to shoot everyone?
And is there any way to address faction identification?
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2011, 09:59:33 pm »

no1 want spies/bombers/looters/suicide bursters inside controlled town so all those ideas to decrease "influence" for shooting "bluesuits" are just out of space

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2011, 11:50:42 pm »

So if I get it right, if two gangs are present in the city, influence for both gangs ceases to grow. Numbers wont matter ? So even one or few guys with acceptable equip can stop influence of a swarm of 40 people ? Wouldnt be better to just reduce influence gain (so with 1:1 forces ratio, thats when it should cease) ?
How will the gang know that the influence is rising ? Will we see a influence bar in interface or somewhere ? 
Also I see problem with influence gaining during the night, which might be a bit fixed if the influence wouldnt grow so fast.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2011, 12:32:46 am »

So if I get it right, if two gangs are present in the city, influence for both gangs ceases to grow. Numbers wont matter ? So even one or few guys with acceptable equip can stop influence of a swarm of 40 people ? Wouldnt be better to just reduce influence gain (so with 1:1 forces ratio, thats when it should cease) ?
Maybe, will think about it.
How will the gang know that the influence is rising ? Will we see a influence bar in interface or somewhere ?
Some text when active, like with TC. You can also type a command to see what your faction's influence is in the town.

Also I see problem with influence gaining during the night, which might be a bit fixed if the influence wouldnt grow so fast.
"Night" depends on timezones, it's the same problem that was with time windows.

How is that going to allow players to run a town without having to shoot everyone?
And is there any way to address faction identification?
Not sure who you are addressing but the point is to try to penalize controllers as little as possible (it opens up to abuse most of the time) and instead focus on how to give incentives (see Jovanka's post) to behave good towards people that aren't involved in TC.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:34:57 am by Ghosthack »
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2011, 12:56:07 am »

Just as a side note.

In addition to the boost for letting people do things in town, there should also be a "limit" on how much of a boost they could give per day, such as only letting a single non-gang member boost influence up to set amount, or have it scale so that the actions only give 10% of what it normally gives after a while, to prevent auto clickers and proxies from exploiting, but still giving a reason for them to let people in.

-Ulrek-

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2011, 10:28:40 am »

Izual:

Inactivity of 2 minutes => autoclicker. But i dont see this as a problem. Searching for inactive alts could boost "small pvp actions". Problem i see is INACTIVE PLATOON of sneakers :))

Influence (zones):

I am agaisnt zones (in general), because zones in past two eras leads to situation, that most pvp actions in cities are in same, well known parts of cities. Without zones, players and their tactics will be more free.

Problem i see are hotel rooms. Hotel room filled of afk platoon of players to raise influence..

"Roleplay":

Problem i see in roleplay activities of major gangs (TTTLA, Samaritans,BHH,...). They caputre the city and try to roleplay there (invite players, organize small pvp actions, pve trips,..) that are different from shoot in sight kind of  "roleplay". But this will be no more, because EVERY player of 2238 is soon or later gang player (because he soon or later buy base). So this idea of influences will be purely against any roleplay i described, because every neutral, friendly, unnamed, newbie (with base),.. would be considered as hostile (by influence mechanism) and by controling team (because he will eliminate or lower their raise of influence), so this influential system will support only player killing, rather then other interactive activity with players. :/

So long and THANKS for all the fish!

avv

« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2011, 11:22:58 am »

no1 want spies/bombers/looters/suicide bursters inside controlled town so all those ideas to decrease "influence" for shooting "bluesuits" are just out of space

Nobody's talking about decreasing influence per killed bluesuit. Point was that random towngoers could give additional influence to the tc gang if they were allowed to do their bussiness in peace. It's easy to learn who is troll and who is not by simply not shooting them on the sight immediately.

This could be fixed by getting more influence depending on how many players are online globally. The server checks the peak player ammount, currently about 200 players in the evening. Then it checks the bottom ammount, which is about 70 players in the night and morning. If some abusers like to do tc at night/early moring they get less influence because the danger of attack is smaller due to less players online globally.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2011, 11:32:50 am »

i really like the concept of new version of TC. however im slight worried about whole new way of abuse like camping buildings, EXIT grids.. but from other hand, its finaly something new. cant wait  next year for implement! ;)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 27 queries.