"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 28, 2024, 10:01:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

How would you like TC to be in the next session?

Remain as it is
- 21 (21.6%)
Removed
- 30 (30.9%)
Changed (please, reply how and why)
- 44 (45.4%)
Other (please, reply)
- 2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: TC in the next session  (Read 24152 times)

Re: TC in the next session
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2011, 02:02:23 pm »

Jotisz: Adding the guards will not affect the safetyness, look at NCR. It is more dangerous place in wasteland today (thiefs, suicide bombors, lvl 1 one hex bursters,...)
Its not really about safety since I would be happy if the mine would became unguarded too.
My problem is that the city and the mine is in different state and it somehow feels wrong.
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2011, 11:50:43 pm »

You need to join gang with will be loyal to you and vice versa. Then the game will get much more fun. Try it;). (I`m warning you it`s PVP game, that means you will not be able to stand on redding`s downtown;). That`s it folk;)
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2011, 02:03:28 pm »

Well finding people isn't so hard and getting in a group isn't bad however rolling with 1-2 guy or 10 is quite the same if you can have fun with each then its totally the same except that small groups even if they have a base can't TC sadly there is no place for the little fishes in the aquarium of sharks...
I`m warning you it`s PVP game
I beg to differ here. Fonline is based on Fallout 1-2 which are role playing games its true that PvP is here but its still an RPG not a PvP game even if the RP content is smaller at the moment but it won't be the case at least I hope so.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2011, 03:55:23 pm »

Thanks for all the feedback and ideas.

Here's a little sneak peak on how "TC v3" will be.
It's still WIP, but it will be implemented for the next session and it'll be modified based on how it turns out then, again based on your feedback.

I've been reading trough this thread and other linked threads from the suggestion board, trying to gather all different ideas into something coherent, and based on what we've tried before, what I feel have worked (based on my own limit experience as PvP player) and We've decided to go in the direction of the "Hold the Hill", but slightly modified.

Factions will now no longer be taking towns, instead they automatically gain influence in the towns which they are in. This influence increases all the time as long as the faction stays in there and fills the minimum equipment and level requirements demanded by the specific town. As soon as they leave the town, they no longer gain influence. If there's no one in town from any faction, no factions influence is affected, but whenever some other faction is gaining influence, the influences of other factions will decrease by a small amount while they are in town. What's influence used for? Everything that could be done in the older versions now needs certain amount of influence for each action.
If you've only got a little influence, you'll be able to only gain small rewards, and hiring militia requires even more influence.
If you stick around in a town long enough, you'll be able to change it drastically, like enact new laws (enforced by militia), or close down the local mine.

Who has control?
The faction with largest amount of influence at anytime. This can change fast if two factions are on about the same amount.

What happens if two or more factions are present?
Then no one will gain influence until the other faction(s) present force have been eliminated or scared away.

Why should a faction stick around a get higher influence?
  * Can enact laws if high enough
  * Get rewards from the town
  * Hire militia
  * Make important town decisions (not implemented yet)

Why is TC being changed in such a dramatic fashion?
The thinking here is that TC will be the "open PvP" while domination (yet to be implemented) will be the more fast-paced "event PvP" with maps especially designed for both small and large scale PvP.

Is there anything else that affects influence?
Yes, killing town people will negatively influence it.

Possibly encouraging trade and movement of non-faction people, but how to safeguard such a system from abuse is not clear. If you have any ideas, put them forth.

Does this mean TC will never be removed/changed again?
No, we don't believe in final frontiers. If something doesn't work, we'll change it again. :)

How has rewards been changed?
Rewards have been increased, it's scaled based on "town difficulty", contains ammo rewards and is based on influence to gain larger rewards.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2011, 04:06:47 pm »

Two questions:
1. Only ammo rewards ?
2. Would number of faction members and place where they stand (TC zones or whole map ?) matter ? (
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

avv

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2011, 04:38:55 pm »

Hah, sounds very interesting. Will require some hardass testing for sure.

Anything to encourage gangs not to shoot random towngoing players?

This can be abused. Trolls can take cover behind townsfolk and do everything to get the faction to accidentally shoot the npcs. They might for example aggro the whole town in a big flock and lead it in middle of combat, causing lots of accidental deaths.

In addition, current npc agroing system is awful, if you accidentally kill someone they will chase you forever until they kill you. And if you're 2x toughness tank some beggar will never manage to punch you to death. That should be looked into.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2011, 04:42:05 pm »

1. Only ammo rewards ?
No, it's added, there will still be caps, nuka cola, cigarettes, and special rewards based on town (like gecko pelts).

2. Would number of faction members and place where they stand (TC zones or whole map ?) matter ? (
Higher number and better equipment increases how fast influence is gained.
Whole map is used, not TC zones.

This can be abused. Trolls can take cover behind townsfolk and do everything to get the faction to accidentally shoot the npcs. They might for example aggro the whole town in a big flock and lead it in middle of combat, causing lots of accidental deaths.
If the penalty is small enough, it might not be worth to troll, but yes, this is a big problem.

In addition, current npc agroing system is awful, if you accidentally kill someone they will chase you forever until they kill you. And if you're 2x toughness tank some beggar will never manage to punch you to death. That should be looked into.
This should be cleared every x hour in TC towns, will have to investigate why it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:06:55 pm by Ghosthack »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2011, 04:55:51 pm »

Good news, seems we're a bit going on the road away from "bloodbath TC".

I personnaly think TC should be about controlling a location near town, but that gives advantage inside the town. For example, Faction controlling Sierra is gaining influence in New Reno. This way, everyone's happy, including NPCs :) But that's another story... New version of TC will be better than the one we got at the moment, indeed!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:59:51 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

avv

« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2011, 05:11:30 pm »

Good news, seems we're a bit going on the road away from "bloodbath TC".

Not necessarily if there's no encouragement to not to shoot random towncomers. One reason why tc is so scorned by random non-members is that they get always shot when entering unsafe towns guarded by tc factions. Even antipk factions shoot everyone they don't know during tc timer, it's common practice.

Tc is surely about fighting but it's also gangs taking over places and upholding their own rules. It hurts the gameplay that randoms are just encouraged to stay away from unsafe towns.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2011, 05:17:10 pm »

Well, the whole concept surely sounds good! Only thing that might afraid me: teams leaving AFK people hidden in bathroom to gain influence.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2011, 05:29:23 pm »

Well, the whole concept surely sounds good! Only thing that might afraid me: teams leaving AFK people hidden in bathroom to gain influence.

Yeah, I've thought about this too, if you have any good ideas on how to counter it, do tell.
The toilet campers would still need to meet the required number of people and equipment, so anyone that is not AFK and finds them can kill them.
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2011, 05:43:17 pm »

I see it as positive side, as it gives another reason to stay in town - toilet patrol, you can do it even alone (if they're really afk), and as it was said, they will need to have equipment, it means you'll get loot, the problem is gaining xN more influence than supposed, as you can be not-afk with your friends just stay and kill players on sight, while proxy alts will fill whole building that you're guarding wearing minimum required items, this way noone will enter building. The only fun thing will be seeing bluesuiters running in building and suicidal exploding with everyone inside, but still they need to run to building alive 1st, as non-afkers will protected proxy-afkers.
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2011, 05:53:15 pm »

Someone realizes my thought at last. Faction proxies hip hip huraaaa ! The most lagful bloodbath of them all.

Okay enough with troll.

Ghosthack what about the beacon ?

You do realize bigger gangs will still have a proxy in each city and that's not good , for scouting purposes not to gain influence in the case if beacons are removed.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:56:19 pm by T-888 »

avv

« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2011, 05:54:14 pm »

Yeah, I've thought about this too, if you have any good ideas on how to counter it, do tell.
The toilet campers would still need to meet the required number of people and equipment, so anyone that is not AFK and finds them can kill them.

You could use influence zones, like tc zones. Influence zones would border buildings so that no influence will be given if the character is inside a building.

Possibly encouraging trade and movement of non-faction people, but how to safeguard such a system from abuse is not clear. If you have any ideas, put them forth.

About this one.
Random people could provide bonuses when participating in activities while tc gang is intown.
There aren't many profitable activities, shopping and buying profesions are the most popular things.
Problem with shops is that they sell good stuff and utter crap that players haul there. So no gang would like to protect someone who comes and buys all 223 ammo with radios from the local store. Shops simply need an adjustment regarding on that matter.

Guess the tc gang could get some influence for each profesion bought when they are around, but not more than actually having a gangmember inside or they will just relog to non-members and start buying profesions. Biomedgel, beer and dialogue trades could count aswell. Repeatable quests too, like shitshovelling, caravan packing and grishams bag quest but they are pretty non-profitable, players hardly do them. It'd be great if towns had repeatable quests that can be accomplished solely inside the town.

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2011, 06:03:24 pm »

Looks interesting...

but about this point:

What does it mean ?
If thats about NPS - biggunners etc. will alwaus kill them...
If about real players: Many guarded cities and low PvP LVL is one of the reasons why people leave FO...  It evident that needed more PvP-PK action (not safeguarded zones or city-outside zones for TC)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:06:16 pm by pti4ka »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 24 queries.