"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:29:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: the weapon that should always have been in FO2  (Read 4933 times)

the weapon that should always have been in FO2
« on: August 07, 2011, 03:45:01 pm »

im talking ofcourse about the bow:

This weapon is ESSENTIAL, and should have been implemented in Fallout 2 from the beginning.

Let me explain what i had in mind concerning the bows, ammo and perks:

Tribal bow:
AP: 5 AP, 2 to reload
Damage: 14-18
Range: ~20
ST required: 5
Base price: 250 caps
Craftable by: 2 wood, 1 fiber, 40% something

Longbow (should resemble a bow used for sport around the year ~2000:)
AP: 5 AP, 2 to reload
Damage: 22-26
Range: ~35
ST required: 6
Base price: 7 caps
Craftable by: 1 Tribal bow, 1 metal parts, 60% something

Ammo would be:

;) Arrow
8) Armor piercing arrow
>:( Explosive arrow (yeah, i know, lets be careful here, it should never exceed the Rocket Launcher.. this isnt meant to be a top-tier weapon but should match weapons like a Combat Shotgun or a .223)

i'll let you guys nerd around with the modifier numbers and all that, since i have no idea.

Also, i figured there could be a perk called Robin Hood, going something like "Extensive traning with the bow and arrow has paid off, making you the fastest bowman around town - you now shoot your arrow and reload it with a new arrow automaticly in one motion, and therefor no longer need to use 2 AP's for reloading. You beast."

Also a perk that could be a alot of fun would be something like a perk where you receive a melee attack with the bow.

I dont know if this perk should be given on a level basis, like the other perks or if the player should be awarded with the perk after killing ~500 critters with a bow.

Not sure which skill this weapon should go under, im thinking Melee just to keep it tribal, and since Melee needs a boost anyways.

Gentlemen, discuss!

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
Re: the weapon that should always have been in FO2
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 04:04:11 pm »

stop stealing my idea -.- suggested already man.

Damn this thread again.
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 04:13:33 pm »

what, are you afraid im going to steal your credit? your little thunder? if you already suggested this, you should be happy i suggested it too since you obviously want this game in the game too.

some people, especially when on the internet, is just way too petty...

Senrain

• The strong devour the weak.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 04:14:16 pm »

I don't think this should be in FOnline.

Firstly it's FAR too advanced for the FOnline universe and is simply too logical.

Second this would only fit into energy weapons, and that just doesn't make sense.

Not to mention brahmin poop already used explosive arrows.

Currently vacationing at Chernarus! Where the zombies are hungry, and everyone shoots you for beans!

http://dayzmod.com/

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 04:28:48 pm »

Well, after all tribals made spears, and cavemans invented bows. Since tribal are the "falloutish" equivalent (only sometimes) of cavesman, they should use bow too. What's up, passin' from a spear to a rocket launcher is normal, and from a spear to a bow not?
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 05:10:47 pm »

With guns so common, and the fact that the knowledge of bows was lost too, it's not that unlikely that bows wouldn't be to common.

Really i think the reason is that they didn't want to make a new sprite just for it, which i can understand, but it will be possible after 3D.

Oh, and while we're at it, blowguns existed, and i believe were a common thing in old jungle adventure movies, so if the tribals some how passed that down, then they might also make them, and if you really want fallouty weapons that tribals could make, make an upgrade for the pipe rifle, so that it shoots arrows like a musket.

-Ulrek-

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 05:58:13 pm »

Good suggestion, but as it was already said elsewhere, it's pretty much senseless until 3d is done, because there's no such animation among the sprites (or even something similar) which makes this weapon only visible to its owner. 
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 06:03:27 pm »

There is no such skill as "bows and Crossbows"
Thich skill should be used?

Does Longbow have "Long Range" perk?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 06:10:38 pm »

It could be merged into the outdoorsmanskill (or make a similar one). But yes, Graf is right. I guess everyone would agree that it indeed is a good idea (although it's been suggested dozens of times), the real problem is the animation for them.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 06:41:44 pm »

outdoorsmanskill (or make a similar one).
Throwing-Meele, or otherwise also spear should go on outdoorsman
no such animation among the sprites
As always.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

avv

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 07:03:58 pm »

With guns so common, and the fact that the knowledge of bows was lost too, it's not that unlikely that bows wouldn't be to common.

This. Fallout world is full of guns and everyone knows how to make a firearm and ammo. I can't see why someone would like to use bow in such scenario.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 07:11:01 pm »

Give boomerangs so we can roleplay feral kid from mad max :<.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 07:28:19 pm »

This. Fallout world is full of guns and everyone knows how to make a firearm and ammo. I can't see why someone would like to use bow in such scenario.

You shouldn't mistake the FOnline with the Fallout world.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 07:35:06 pm »

I like general idea but I lack the "stribal weapons" skill... Why there is no such one in the first place?
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 07:39:12 pm »

First thing: 2APs for reloading is a joke:]
Imagine how long does it take to take arrow from your back, put into bow, and then strike. It should be like 4APs or something... however:
thats the point - if you have bow ready to shoot, it should take less APs for shooting, around 3 i guess. The advantage of bow is when is loaded, and the disadvantage is when u have to reload.

Second thing: nice idea i think should be implemented, because we already have not many long range melee weapons.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.659 seconds with 22 queries.