"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:19:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New (?) suggestions about armors  (Read 3492 times)

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
New (?) suggestions about armors
« on: June 02, 2011, 10:14:08 am »

I don't know if it has been already suggested, but....
First of all....Do you remember in Fallout, everytime you got a better armor, you were feeling a little safer, right ? This feeling is not that obvious in FOnline, because :

- Most of the fights are in real time, so you always get damages really fast.

-the main threat comes from other players, and most of them are way more dangerous than old Fallout's NPCs. They can kill you in 2 clicks with all their bonus perks, critical chances, buffered weapons....

-Armors can't protect you from those strikes, because they haven't been upgraded like the weapons. Your survival rate mainly depends on your Hit Points.

Next wipe we will probably have new perks to compensate this deficiency, but instead of perks, maybe the game just needs armors to do their job, no ?
From this perspective, maybe armors should need :

- a general damage resistance increase.

- a resistance to critical damages depending on their grade. Something like this :

1. Robes have no resistance bonus.

2. Leather jackets have (let's say) +30% resistance to critical damages concerning aimed shots at torso.  

3. Leather armors have +30% resistance to critical damages concerning aimed shots at torso, groin, and legs.

4. Metal armors have +30% resistance to critical damages concerning aimed shots at torso, groin, legs and arms.

5. Combat armors have +30% resistance to critical damages concerning aimed shots at torso, groin, legs, arms, and head.

6. Power armors have +30% resistance to critical damages concerning aimed shots at torso, groin, legs, arms, head, and eyes.

Numbers here are random, of course they would need some tests. Percentages could also be changed for thresholds, don't know which is better in this case.

Maybe this way we would have less bluesuit guys running across the Wasteland....

What do you think about this suggestion ?
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
Re: New (?) suggestions about armors
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:32:10 am »

Good idea, i like it.
But You will hear that after WIPE you will have access to anit-crit perks, You will also hear that all snipers will suffer and some other shit.

Idea is good but i doubt to see it in game.

I heard some rumors about HELMETs with something like your suggestion - but helmets will be avaible in 3D era.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 12:30:04 pm »

This is pretty much the case already for next wipe. (AFAIK ofc)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Heckler Spray

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 12:48:02 pm »

Are you talking about the hemet or the whole armor ? Are you sure it would affect the critical damages or the critical chance to hit of the striker ?

Yeah, DocAN, I've heard about the post wipe anti-crit perks, but I think improving the armors would be an interesting lead. And it would be possible to implement this kind of suggestion even without the 3d thing.

avv

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:56:48 pm »

Armors will be buffed after wipe.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Heckler Spray

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 01:10:54 pm »

I guess, but how ? Do you have any specific informations about these changes ?
Upgrading the general damage resistance won't change the current problem that much, because most of the hits are criticals.
That's why I'm suggesting to boost the critical damage resistance.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 01:37:03 pm »

I guess, but how ?

There will be slight tweaking of the DR/DT values. Generally the effect will to be make Leather Armours more equal to Metal in terms of normal damage, Metal remain better vs Laser and Leather to be better bs Explosive and Fire. CA will be the top armour readily available and then CAII/BoS/Enclave/Rangers will be pretty similar to each other but have slightly better values vs certain things (won't be a massive effect).

Then, there will be the crit modifier that I've mentioned before - both for Helmets and Armours. Its possible for us to reduce the crit chance (this will happen for all armours and helmets to varying degrees) and the crit effect (I'm not sure if I will use this yet, maybe when we have lots of different helmet types).
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Heckler Spray

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 02:55:01 pm »

Ok, thanks a lot for the informations, dear Solar. It sounds really interesting, especially the special protection thing.
I suppose you won't reveal any number, but should we expect a visible change in the armors damage resistance ?

About the critical thing : as I understand, it will moslty affect the critical chance and the critical effects, which means damage multiplier, crippling and knocking occurrences, right ?
Don't you think the current critical tables, except the instant kill, are good/balanced as they are now ?
Don't you think it would be a good option to reduce the final damage outcome from a critical hit with this kind of protecting system ?

About the helmets : will they give a bonus to the Armor Class, the general damage resistance, both, or only a specific resistance against aimed shot (head/eyes) ?

I know I'm a bit pig-headed about my suggestion, but I only make one per year, so I feel the need to defend it. Sorry if this topic is getting boring.  :P

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 05:36:12 pm »

Pistol Cripplers will be useless. As a pistol crippler I must score a knockout, cripple arm, or die.  BG Bursts FTW!

avv

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 05:49:42 pm »

Pistol Cripplers will be useless. As a pistol crippler I must score a knockout, cripple arm, or die.  BG Bursts FTW!

I fear this too. Some builds might become so crit-resistant that cripler won't stand a chance. There are ways to resist bursts but even the strongest burst protection shatters after 2-3 1hex bursts.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Astarot

• Damn ! WTF ! Why you die so easily !
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 07:04:30 pm »

I fear the next era will be BG era... But I keep the faith...
" Low stuff on my 'cause I was tired of loosing BA " Caled

" Stay calm tomorow will be better you'll see ! " dskpnk

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 07:11:22 pm »

I fear next era will be epic fail era

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 07:55:11 pm »

I fear next era will be epic fail era
this era was epic fail era, i do not think there will be other one whorst than this
never mind, i didn't play only at the end of last and this era

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 07:59:32 pm »

As inspiring as ever to read the forum.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 08:17:38 pm »

Solar save us from that lame crits.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 1.117 seconds with 22 queries.