"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:20:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: weapon balance  (Read 810 times)

weapon balance
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:45:28 am »

ive heard criticals are gonna be nerfed. so i though, why not to take off Better Criticals perk away. keep same crippler builds. nerf Bonus Ranged Damage. but this is how it works:

bullets, now every bullet could have a good stats...

(-) nerf Knock Out and Insta Kills. (?) make eyes hard to hit (after all, its two eye balls), but make it higher chance to blind, arm crippling chance is hard, but same chance as eye crits  to drop enemy's weapon. (+) more chance to knock down by shooting legs, and little more chance to cripple.

the reason i put it that way, is i want the bullets now play almost main role. not all for the crits...

so... 5mm bullet for example could have damage modifier increased

minigun would  do huge damage amount, but so will assault rifle. (minigun = 30 bullets on a bluesuit = 15dmg x 30bullets =  450dmg, assault rifle = 12 bullets on a bluesuit = 15dmg x 12bullets = 180.) damage wouldnt be same to and combat armor, but if used AP ammo, then it sure can kill with 2 bursts if lucky. (depends how damaged armor is too, armour should have big drawback if its det. is even 20%).

im sure my idea is having a hole somewhere, but now that crippler is not just a crippler, thanks to 5mm, he can cripple leg and do great sum of damage (normal torso hit does big damage too).

so without bonus ranged damage, it all depends on weapon and bullet mostly, small gunners have chance to cripple and same time do great damage.
big gunners have chance to burst the shit out of others, as long as they hit. after all big gunnes shoot 30-40 bullets in a second? if they can handle aiming, they do great damage, thats how it was and should be. in my opinion all weapon class should be buffed. (but some perks nerfed).

single shots or aimed shots should have for example +10, +20, +30 etc. bonus damages (depending on what ammo and weapon). even if they dont crit.

P.S. i just woke up, so yeah i got this mad stupid idea, still though, read it if you please  ;D

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: weapon balance
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 02:53:08 pm »

I've got a suggestion: auto junking suggestions about balancing a combat system we don't know anything about right now, and that we haven't tested yet.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Re: weapon balance
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 04:46:41 pm »

and how you gonna change that if you dont change it?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.