"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:19:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Some new !awesome! items  (Read 1406 times)

Some new !awesome! items
« on: June 02, 2011, 11:36:07 pm »

Hi folks, I've got an idea for several new items to come in handy:

1) RobCo Science Boy - the name speaks for itself, this is basically a handheld computation device with its own expandable scientific database. As it was obviously designed and optimized for use by pre-war scientists in their research it should at least increase the science skill in the way the repair kits and lockpick sets do. To make it more feasible though I suppose it should provide a science bonus even when just put in the hand slot like the mirrored shades.

2) Thief's Set - I imagine what you may have thought but that's completely authentic. Such sets are used by real-life thieves and usually contain some shivs to easily cut through dress/bag material as well as tweezers and fish hooks to fish the desired loot out. This item should clearly look and act like a common lockpick set just with the difference that it modifies the steal skill. It should be crafted from the same resources as a lockpick set by any professional thief.

3) RFID Marker and RFID Receiver - this one is the most tricky but the most thrilling piece of stuff. It's essentially a tracking bug which provides a radio-frequency identification tag on Pip-Boy global and local maps. This should apparently require a proper receiver device working in conjunction with the Pip-Boy just like the motion sensor. First the bug should be set to a certain radio-frequency just like the radio and the tag must be given a name. Then you may dump it to your friend, someone's secret hideout, car trunk or even foist it to someone's pocket. As soon as you set the RFID receiver to corresponding bug frequency you are free to track the bug's current location on your map. Both items should be crafted by anyone with high repair and science skills using a radio and several units of electronic parts (2 for marker and 6 for receiver).

4) Remote Detonated Dynamite, Remote Detonated Plastique, Explosive Switch – these are simply common dynamite and plastic explosive fitted with a radio-controlled detonator which is triggered by the player via explosive switch. The switch must be set to the same radio-frequency as the detonator or vice versa. Both IEDs should be crafted from a dynamite/plastic explosive, electronic parts and a radio by professional demolitionist with high repair skill as well as the explosive switch from a simple radio and 2 units of electronic parts.

5) Poison – this is a Fallout 2 quest item used for the stealth assassination of Roger Westin. A syringe filled with a poisonous liquid substance which can be used as a stimpack or any other drug to poison the subject. It should be crafted from an empty hypodermic and a scorpion tail by professional doctor. Using this on NPCs should be treated as a serious crime.

I hope the 2238 devs would pay serious attention to this. These items are surely proper, fitting and not hard to implement. Most of these items could use already existing in-game itempics (thief's set - lock picks (with wallet recoloured to black), RFID marker - bug, RFID receiver - motion sensor (with frame recoloured to bug colour), explosive switch and the poison are already featured in Fallout 2).

Re: Some new !awesome! items
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 05:03:55 pm »

i like poison idea, but its abusable, so i guess it should be curable too (antidote).
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 07:20:21 pm »

i like poison idea, but its abusable, so i guess it should be curable too (antidote).
Sure thing it's curable, this is just the same as being poisoned by radscorpion or any other creature with a venomous bite.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 07:24:20 pm by Hersir »

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 08:13:01 pm »

Good ideas. Like em. But i'm not a dev, so the fact that i like'em is almost worthless :P
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:18:24 pm »

Good ideas. Like em. But i'm not a dev, so the fact that i like'em is almost worthless :P
It helps anyway. A good idea backed up by community support is a sure shot... I hope  ::)

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 09:06:28 pm »

oh and if that poison wont be cured in 1 real time minute, you die  8)

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 09:30:10 pm »

oh and if that poison wont be cured in 1 real time minute, you die  8)

Maybe not a minute... but surely 5

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 09:37:06 pm »

Maybe not a minute... but surely 5

I dont like this idea, better will be some slow reduction of endurance/strengh and maybe some hit points drop.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 09:38:48 pm »

I dont like this idea, better will be some slow reduction of endurance/strengh and maybe some hit points drop.

Well, every minute till 3 is a -1 point in end-str and from 3 to 5 slow hit point reduction (0.95% of health, i think. i havent did all the calcules)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 2.933 seconds with 22 queries.