What do you fall under

I believe in church
I go church regularly
Rarely go church
I use go church but not anymore
I been one few times in my life
never went to church

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: how many fonline people believes in church  (Read 19001 times)

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
Re: how many fonline people believes in church
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2011, 02:17:25 am »

People rely on god too much. So much they can't help themselves anymore.
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2011, 03:10:51 am »

Colombo how is creativity only important for humans? We evolved faster thus it is currently important for us but other species will get there (if we don't destroy them)

http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2010/04/clever-crows-complex-cognition.html

Give it a couple of million years and it's "creativity" or "intelligence" will be a great asset to that particular species of birds.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2011, 04:15:01 am »

That bird is probably smarter than most people  ;D
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2011, 04:48:32 am »

Wish i could remember the site but there was also a video of them dropping nuts on streets and letting cars crack them open, then returning to eat. Pretty smart in my opinion  ;D

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2011, 07:47:46 am »

you know where God is?
somewhere over here:

is a place in the brain for some to go and find hope
do you know what religion does?
it does something like this to the population:

if there was someone that whanted peace to the world and wanted to create peace had invented God: a beeing superior that dystroys evil
To bad some sick minds that not neceseraly whants to be evil created religions
since every religion belives that they are more true than others, they fight ech other, in some moments in history there where battles considered "holy"(like the cruciades) and have mass killed people, so they where "evil" but conidered to be the light of God
The diferent religions create even bigger diferences of people, and difirances make argues and big argues create wars, so the puprose of God was to create peace and it only created more war for some bad interpretation
and furder more even the bible says some stupid things at some point, even evil thigs(like God helped David to deafet some atackers by making the day longer)
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2011, 04:34:58 pm »

People rely on god too much. So much they can't help themselves anymore.
Man, what people did you meet ;o
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2011, 04:41:39 pm »

Colombo how is creativity only important for humans? We evolved faster thus it is currently important for us but other species will get there (if we don't destroy them)

http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2010/04/clever-crows-complex-cognition.html

Give it a couple of million years and it's "creativity" or "intelligence" will be a great asset to that particular species of birds.
Blablabla.
1. you don't understand evolution. There is no reason why should be better "inteligence" and "creativity" better than stronger pecker etc. And when you mean "inteligence" you mean "inteligence, that have some structure as human inteligence". Even green mold have high inteligence.

2. Yes, creativity may be important for other spiecies, but the only important for species is to survive and evolve into new species. No matter which way evolution will go. Wings? Stronger claws? More progeny? Higher ressistance against disease? Inteligence and creativy is main way of evolution of human, but that doesn't mean it is something special for other species etc. More aggresive kind of human with great number of childrens could be more sucesfull than highly inteligent and creative thing.
3. In our species, creativity is not only supported as better tool for survive (we could even talk about no need of that high creativity), but it is effect of sexual selection. Something like long neck of Giraffes.

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2011, 05:31:56 pm »

Man, what people did you meet ;o
Basically anyone I knew in the place where I lived in the old country. People there were all religious and all not working. They thought they were too good to get the jobs that were available. I know these jobs were not going to provide them a lot of money, but still enough to live. People had ideas to run businesses of their own, but they didn't because they were too scared to dare for a chance of success or failure. They resorted to prayer, blind god/pope worship, unemployment welfare, business indevelopment phobia and a 24/7 couch-sitting routine, except when they go to church to beg god for a golden shower. Economy began to cripple, people wouldn't buy things because everything looked too expensive for them. The streets began to be dangerous, I've seen people get robbed over a dime's worth, such good christians they are they think they're too good to obey the 7th commandment.
I on the other hand managed to escape.

P.S. I'm talking about this sort of golden shower.

Your watersport fetishes are not to be found here.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:34:41 pm by lehytek »
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2011, 07:56:57 pm »

That's pretty bad then. No doubt you are negative towards Christians now. But let me tell you - you knew the wrong ones.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2011, 08:08:32 pm »

That's pretty bad then. No doubt you are negative towards Christians now. But let me tell you - you knew the wrong ones.
all the religions are wrong, i mean if every religion tells tehy are the moast truthfull and the moast close to God, than they are all false
stop beeing so ignorant, church is bad somethimes, but God was meant to be good, belive in moral and in what god you whant. Do not listen to the churches

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2011, 08:28:11 pm »

In any cases, religion now is fucked up and no one can say different... People kill each other for it, begin wars, close their minds, slow progress, and this since 2000 years. For previous religions, like Greeks', Vikings', Asians', Egyptians', I don't really know 'cause they come from very far... Catholicism and Islam like we know it (and few others from them, I'm not very interessed in...) are based on the same crazy story of a crazy man, only interpretation changes. Well, nobody think the same way and there'll always be somebody to cry about this mess, and I don't really care because it's not a problem for me... In our lives we already got too much problems to care about that, if you can't think by yourself and understand that logic and science are the only explanations, it's your problem.

But don't misunderstand me, I will never criticize somebody's opinion, as I said I don't care about religion, I respect others' beliefs.

I believe in nothing like this, but unlike I read on firsts page, it doesn't mean I "believe in nothing". I believe in me and try to believe in others and it's hard enough to not complicate my life with unexplicable (or soon-explicable, or I don't know what) things.
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2011, 09:29:40 pm »

I don't understand evolution? It's you that thinks there was no reason to evolve intelligence instead of a bigger/stronger dick. When our species was too large to hide from predators all the time (such as rodents and whatnot) and too small/weak to become top of the food chain we had to do something different than everything else so we evolved more complex/useful brains. Please don't say i don't understand evolution and have a terrible argument that proves that your the one that's a dipshit. For example sexual selection? Giraffes have long necks so they can reach ALL of the food on the trees where they live, granted I'm not sure what you mean by sexual selection but I'm quite certain there was nothing sexual about their long necks.
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2011, 09:39:44 pm »

Slave: yes, you don't understand evolution. Long neck for giraffes is realy sexy and not primarly usefull. (thats kind of new information, 5 years new or something...)

And no, that what you do is "we have higher inteligence, so why we have higher inteligence? It must have helped us to survive".
The right answer is, that higher inteligention is with close corelation with brain and our brain evolved to have good perception of deep and colors. Yeah, than in proven usefull, but inteligence was there because of evolution of brain for colour.

You don't understand evolution, like many people. There is no "we were large SO WE evolved inteligence" (and no, that is wrong answer, our survive had nothing to do with foodchain, zebras or elefants aren't on top of foodchain and don't need high inteligence) but rather "we were larger to hide and weaker to fight (what isn't true) so everything what helped group to survive AND what was already in group was propagated"

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2011, 09:52:10 pm »

It's all about opposable thumbs, man. Allows us to use tools effectively.

Anyway, this argument about evolution has devolved into something that isn't related to religion at all, so it is rather pointless for this thread. We should get back to uselessly arguing our points in religion.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2011, 09:54:01 pm »

Did i state we were large so we evolved intelligence? I stated we went a different path due to the fact that we were NOT the largest/strongest or a small and easily hidden animal, please actually read my posts. If we had been the biggest baddest mother fuckers on the food chain there would have been no need to develop more intelligence as of yet. Zebra's developed speed and elephants developed size, they didn't go in the direction we did. Your giraffe comment, re read the journal of evolution or whatever it is you do, the only thing scientists believe it may have to do with any type of mating is the fact that male giraffes will "fight" each other during mating season to "win" a female and those with longer necks strike more powerful blows against the others.

I'm also curious without intelligence what predator do you think humans could have overcome?

P.S.
Abe this is called off topic ;P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 25 queries.