What do you fall under

I believe in church
I go church regularly
Rarely go church
I use go church but not anymore
I been one few times in my life
never went to church

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: how many fonline people believes in church  (Read 18978 times)

Re: how many fonline people believes in church
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2011, 10:01:24 pm »

Slave: this debate is realy offtopic, so we should move elsewhere.
I study evolution.
It is not so easy.
Sexual selection create realy strong drift.
There was no predator we should fear. Many monkeys are in same situation, the only threat are another monkey.
Humans can outrun Zebras. Main defensive strategy for elefants and Zebras ain't speed or size, but group. (some elefants are realy big and realy aggresive)

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2011, 10:21:07 pm »

We're so evolved and intelligent that we still kill each other even with our big brains. Like driving drunk and being charged with manslaughter. That's the finest showcase of true intelligence and evolution. It would have been a large step in our so called evolution if we were without brains at all! :P

You study something really funny... just saying.
power
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2011, 10:38:24 pm »

You just don't understand and what you are saying is wrong.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2011, 02:35:49 am »

And life still goes on. ^^

But isn't truth relative to a persons' subjective experience of the matter? You say I'm wrong and I say I'm right. Both sides of a argument can't be right or that would be a logical fallacy. So can you answer for me with 100% certainty your studies are 100% correct 100% of time with 0% margrin of error? Just as I cannot tell you your wife/husband/anime character(lol) will love you when you wake up in the morning. That's faith. Pure and simple.

Anyways back on topic. Yes I believe in church, I mean, holy shit... there's a building establishment you can physically see called a church. Now to believe in some sort of entity like God is a whole new ball game. :C
power
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2011, 10:12:50 am »

You are wrong, because you take "inteligence" as something spiritual or what. But inteligence is product of evolution. Whole brain is.

Yeah, I cannot be 100% sure, but whole science operate with-> define hypothesis-> create experiment, that could falsificate it. And, i could easily change opinion if there would be enough evidence against it.
Those, who operate with faith can't.

I think, that christianity etc. is wrong, from solely that reason, that they must be right and everything other is wrong, other beliefs, that don't differ from them. Why should christianity be right? Only because region, where I live, has christian background? Thats stupid. Thats no evidence.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2011, 11:56:19 pm »

Your faith system regarding how science works sounds as blind as religion to be honest.

But surely I can be the forerunner of the subject on biology and be a priest/monk at the same time? But, wouldn't those 2 values conflict with each other by your later statements?

Also intelligent is the measurement from 1-10, if I am incorrect Fallout Gods strike me down here and now.
power
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2011, 03:54:57 pm »

Your faith system regarding how science works sounds as blind as religion to be honest.
Explain how I define axioms and live by them. The only "faith" or believe I have is, that the world is knowable, not absolutely knowable, but knowable.
The only possibility how THAT could be the same as ANY OTHER RELIGION is only by total ignorance of speaker, thus you. So, science is NOT just ANOTHER KIND OF RELIGION. Yeah, many people don't know it and create some pseudoscience (homeopatics etc.) and believe in them, they talk about it from position of poor sheeps, and that some scientist TOLD them or SAID that it works. No own thinking if thats true or something else.

The problem in history of science is, that science is quite new. Definition of science is realy new, in that way of testing hypothesis and that nothing is for sure. There were forerunners that did realy nice research, uite close to modern science. eg. Mendel (more mathematican or one of first informatic). But statement, that they were religious people (eg. priests) so faith and science do not conflict is wrong. Too strong from this evidence. You could only say, that for some people, in some areas of science, it does not create conflict. Thats true statemant from those fact. Not what you have created. Lets test it.
For all people, there is area of science where faith and science do not create conflict.
-> quite strong statemant. Badly testable. We have to define areas (eg. biology, mathematics etc.) and it depends on them. The smaller the area we create, the higher probability would have our statements... It would be probably math, because it is so abstract, that even religious fanatics don't have opinion on it. But we could find at at least one religious fanatics, that would deny nearly every other part of sciecne. From physic, to biology (eg. evolution and institute of Discovery, bleh...)
Do the rest of it for homework.... I just don't know why I write it. I should probably delete it, but I wanna to fight this battle against ignorance.
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2011, 05:13:59 pm »

You guys never let go, eh?

Let it go for f*s sake.

Let people have their own beliefs - as long as your religion motivates you to be a better person - its allright.

If you dont need religion and you want to be a better person because of your personal morality (?) - its allright.

As HH Dalai Lama often says - If you want to make the world better place, start with yourself, not with the others. I suggest doing so, letting others stay in their own world, no matter how wrong ("not right") it seems to be. None of us have any rights to say if somethings wrong.

Every religion can be wrong. EVERY.

Every hypotesis in science can be wrong. EVERY.

I for instance consider myself agnostic/atheist. I follow the rules I consider to be worth following. But try to respect everyone who resects me. I dont believe the god exist, but also know it exists - some people see it as a beardo guy some as a big triangle with an eye some people see it as a science's wonderful world - it's just the matter of definition - we all believe in God - we just see it differently. Main point - let people live their lives - concentrate on yourself - on trying to be a better person :)

In real life im a total douche and asshole - but still - I try to follow my rules and it feels great - Because ive chosen what to believe :) I often laugh at different religions, criticise them and such - not to piss someone or to change someone's point of view. Just for laughs.

And why I write it? I'm really bored at work right now :)

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2011, 07:03:14 pm »

Yeah, I cannot be 100% sure

That's pretty much like religion.

I just don't know why I write it. I should probably delete it, but I wanna to fight this battle against ignorance.

Why are you compelled to fight my ignorance? I take graditude that you care for a stranger like me. I will remember and love you always. As the man who brought enlightenment to my world, his name, my dear Colombo. <3

P.S You don't need to test this statement. I truely do love you 100%!  :P

"It's always worth while speaking to a clever man."
power
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2011, 10:44:41 pm »

That's pretty much like religion.
????????? Thats total oposite of religion. Ok, my english is not the brightest, but there is difference between "can" and "cannot"

kiki123

• Ia Ia Chtulhuu Fatagn....
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2011, 04:41:09 pm »

Just let it go there is some who never experienced nothing in theri life, no spirutual wierd stuff, no halucinations and showings of any kind.... some poeple will just never feel it or see it... and by my thinking they will die blind.... of course u do not die and go to heaven and fuck 30 virgins... but im sure there is something wierd something u will never be able to explain not ur stupid fuckin science and not ur stupid religions....... but some people thinking they are smart and trying to prove we are the only ones in the galaxy or there is no such thing as a god or love or ghostly fucked up shit..... u are retarted if u think so.... i personally had plenty of encouters with crazy shit in my life time, i lived all around the world and met alot of people... some people were crazy but some people were smart and crazy. I remeber meeting a guy in jail he told me his whole life story and a story about his sister who was calling ghosts as a kid with her freinds on the graveyard trying to be cool satanist's or atheist dumb fucks who made fun of it.... there was 3 girls 1 killed her self 5 days after the other one is still in a metnal institue and the third is a vegetable and dosent talk to anybody.... this guy was around 50 years old, he was convicted of assualt times 2 casuing bodly harm he broke a guys nose he smashed him so hard the piece of the bone went up to the guys brain... the guy was in hells angels, he didnt belive in god but he sure hell was scared when  he was talkinga bout that..... one day u primitive fucks will learn i hope not the hard way... but some of u will never learn and will live a lie... either going to church praying for nothing or just not beliving in shit and proving everybody wrong with science, which of course in my opinion is a bunch of bullshit u cannot prove anything of this topic with science....
Praise Dagonn and Chtulhuu The wastelands worst enemie.
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2011, 05:43:52 pm »

Just let it go there is some who never experienced nothing in theri life,
Thats ad hominum
no spirutual wierd stuff, no halucinations and showings of any kind.... some poeple will just never feel it or see it...
Thats wrong. And what changed chemical state of brain have to do with uderstanding of religion or science?
and by my thinking they will die blind....
Thats only your opinion. You can go back to jungle, sniff koka there and die "enlightened", do not use computer, it is product of science and it makes you blind!
of course u do not die and go to heaven and fuck 30 virgins...
Of course your faith is more real than any other fait.
but im sure there is something wierd something u will never be able to explain not ur stupid fuckin science and not ur stupid religions.......
And what do you do there isn't religion? Completly.
but some people thinking they are smart and trying to prove we are the only ones in the galaxy
Who? Only those who believe in creation do think of that. Or many weird people.
or there is no such thing as a god or love or ghostly fucked up shit..... u are retarted
And thats why?
if u think so.... i personally had plenty of encouters with crazy shit in my life time, i lived all around the world and met alot of people...
And thats important why?
some people were crazy but some people were smart and crazy. I remeber meeting a guy in jail he told me his whole life story and a story about his sister who was calling ghosts as a kid with her freinds on the graveyard trying to be cool satanist's or atheist dumb fucks who made fun of it.... there was 3 girls 1 killed her self 5 days after the other one is still in a metnal institue and the third is a vegetable and dosent talk to anybody.... this guy was around 50 years old, he was convicted of assualt times 2 casuing bodly harm he broke a guys nose he smashed him so hard the piece of the bone went up to the guys brain... the guy was in hells angels, he didnt belive in god but he sure hell was scared when  he was talkinga bout that.....
And thats important why?
one day u primitive fucks will learn i hope not the hard way... but some of u will never learn and will live a lie... either going to church praying for nothing or just not beliving in shit and proving everybody wrong with science, which of course in my opinion is a bunch of bullshit u cannot prove anything of this topic with science....
So you know that thruth and don't live in lie? And you know it, because some old man waiting for capital punishment in prison told you?
I can't prove anything? You know that, because?

You man told us lots of your opinions, but no arguments for those. Only that you think of us as fuckers. Thats nice. Realy. You can leave or fucking society and live your life in trip and experience all that wierd stuff. Or did you meant something different?

kiki123

• Ia Ia Chtulhuu Fatagn....
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2011, 07:18:59 pm »

First of all if i started telling u stories about anything spiritual i would write non stop.... i proly would have to have my ashtray beside me whiile i write because it makes me go mad, i am sorry if my grammar isnt "" good enough"" to be on your level.
I was not talking about church... i was talking about something that u will never understand not me nor anybody on this planet. If everyhappend BY aciddent like u people claim and that everything came into pieces like apuzzle designed the way we could never imagine or figure out...... a human brain for example.

Every person has something in them.... it might not be god but it is something, but smart assholes and wana be phylosofers like u allways have an anserw to everything in life.

I was raised a catholic but when i see my mother who is allmost dead brain washed from some shit it makes me laugh. but you are not gonna tell me that in life when u have astronamical chances of surviving of allmost dying losing ur arm and liters of blood when and u still manage to survive and have ur arm stiched and stapeld up,
 when things in life should not happen but somehow they happen, when your scientists and cant explain fuck all when they come to that dead end and give assumptions about life and death with bullshit theorys..... THATS when u come to realization and dont look straight foward like those dumb fucks who bite into religion hard, but u dont look everywhere trying to know everything like people like u.

I respect your theory and just because i had a fucked tough life dosent mean i bust gunners of yayzzzzzz on the table like im living in a white world.... i dont even want to start talking kid if i saw u in real life and looked u in the eyes and talked to you for half an hour u  would see what i mean, u wouldnt have the balls to say anything but even if u did u wouldnt be able to it... so lock ur jaw kid and stop acting like u know something.... non of u people know anything about spiritualilty, god ........ no 1 does no1 ever will. peace out man u just wasted the last dime bag i had and my last smokes.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:27:22 pm by kiki123 »
Praise Dagonn and Chtulhuu The wastelands worst enemie.
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2011, 09:31:57 pm »

I see what you mean, but... too aggresive, man.

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2011, 10:30:04 pm »

This thread in a nutshell:
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 24 queries.