What do you fall under

I believe in church
I go church regularly
Rarely go church
I use go church but not anymore
I been one few times in my life
never went to church

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: how many fonline people believes in church  (Read 19024 times)

Re: how many fonline people believes in church
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2011, 03:33:55 pm »

Mayack: yes, there are plenty of them, thermodynamic law eg.

You modern theories are quite consistent, IF there would be ghost, it would have to react with body somehow etc. it would mean mutch more new things, and that our contenporary knowledge is wrong. It could be, but because quite consistency in our theories and no strong prove that they are wrong (eg. no evidence for ghost etc.), this is evidence against ghost. Theory with spirits should explain our conteporary knowledge consistently with new spirits evidence. But hypothesis with spirits don't do that, they try to explain only spirits and try to relativize all our knowledge. Because no real scientist even think of them.

Eh, if all that was in reference to a soul you should be careful about what language you use, a ghost and a soul are not necessarily interchangeable, also this is the same shit as "God exists", "No he doesn't there is no evidence to prove it", "There's no evidence to disprove it though!"

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2011, 06:05:53 pm »

A soul is as real as the sky.

In that there is no real "sky", but its a useful shorthand to explain something much more interesting.

Given that you can control moods and movement with chemical and electrical stimuli, there is obviously no need for medieval notions like "souls".
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2011, 06:32:23 pm »

Eh, if all that was in reference to a soul you should be careful about what language you use, a ghost and a soul are not necessarily interchangeable, also this is the same shit as "God exists", "No he doesn't there is no evidence to prove it", "There's no evidence to disprove it though!"
Yeah, wrote about spirit and ghost have possesed my hands... but thats not important.

Yeah, this is shame shit. But God have been disproven many times! It depends on definition of God. God defined by bible was disproven. If you define God, it can be disproven. You can define him (it, whatever) as you like, loose enough, but you have to define it somehow.
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2011, 06:43:48 pm »

medieval notions like "souls".
Now you are accusing Christians of being "medieval". Let me accuse you of ignorance.

@Colombo
Are you serious? How can you prove that something a physical person never touched, that isn't subjected to physical laws we know about, doesn't exist? There is no way to do that.
God defined by bible was disproven.
Nope.

"God exists", "No he doesn't there is no evidence to prove it", "There's no evidence to disprove it though!"
"God doesn't exist", "There is no evidence to prove it, God does exist", "There's no evidence to disprove that he doesn't though!"
Try thinking about it that way.

BTW. Actually, we could tell there is a proof that God exists. Because, since the universe is there, existing, moving on, it's logical for me there somewhere is that unknown force which started it all. Now I just need to keep looking for it(Him?). Find your own God, if Christianity is so wrong for you :)

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2011, 06:55:44 pm »

Now you are accusing Christians of being "medieval". Let me accuse you of ignorance.

Let's agree on pre-renaissance then, if that makes you happy. Those dark dark days before Scientific Method.

BTW. Actually, we could tell there is a proof that God exists. Because, since the universe is there, existing, moving on, it's logical for me there somewhere is that unknown force which started it all. Now I just need to keep looking for it(Him?). Find your own God, if Christianity is so wrong for you

Yes! Fantastic logic! Nothing can exist without something being there first ... so there must be God ... who existed before ... wait, what?

I know, there must have been a Super-God who created God. But wait - who created Super-God? Mega-God? Ultra-God?

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2011, 06:59:45 pm »

Let's agree on pre-renaissance then, if that makes you happy. Those dark dark days before Scientific Method.

Yes! Fantastic logic! Nothing can exist without something being there first ... so there must be God ... who existed before ... wait, what?

I know, there must have been a Super-God who created God. But wait - who created Super-God? Mega-God? Ultra-God?

and here Chuck Norris comes in :D

cogliostro

• No Parole from Rock 'n' Roll, all the way from L.A
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2011, 07:41:45 pm »

Here basically the defense from the counterpart of believers, about the existence of an entity such as a god, lies in the fact that there is no evidence of the non-existence of them, and they base the creation of all we know, in the possibility that entity exist without proves, only because there is no one able to tell them the reason of the non-existence of him and/or them. hmm. Interesting.

This is so simple to be viewed this side. There are many tales, myth and fantasy, used as a metaphor, and all people know about that to think it is not real, is because has been cataloged as unreal. The reason why the tale of the bible, which mixes history with subliminal fantasy to their readers, is not discarded from reality, has a motive to do with the matter it implies in peoples mind about what they want to believe, they want that “paradise” there described, they want love and the end of all wars, and obviously that is not the part why is this book taken so seriously. This book was used as one of legislation. So, you know what politics search on people. I have not to remind you. I think.

If you want to keep on believing on gods, even now there is able to study how storms, earthquakes or other event of nature is caused, is that you like tales so much, and don't want to see reality (And for example there is a scientific explanation why that lake in the bible book turned red, as blood). You cannot dream on human tales, even if it ruled your childhood. There is a point you must take them apart, open your mind and not solely answer what you don't know, with the same word, over, and over again.
Let them eat metal!

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2011, 09:43:30 pm »

the natural calamities is the way mother nature testes and teaches us how to live longer and better in artificializing our lifes
now we are building super smart buildings that can easly wistand earthquakes on 8 degrades on Richter scale, vreom this "dysasters" cauzed by Nature, so we are learning as we fall

anyway, we can't know what was before the Big Bang and we do not know what hapenedd befor, but i belive there are some worlds that exists and we touched them with no reaction, or vice versa, the other dimensions(let me explain:
we are living in a world with 4 dimensions: space(3D) and time, but there are other dimensions or sets of dimensions that are quite like this one, but probably diferent
since we didn't explore those, we can't tell how are they like, but we know they exist
)
but about the big bang, i have saw a theory on Discovery, where the Big Bang was the result of Negative Force, so in one day it will come back on 1 point and then expand again.

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2011, 09:50:11 pm »

I believe God is the Almighty One, there is nothing more powerful than Him. If you want to believe in Super-God or something else, then do. My faith is (fine) as it is.

And for example there is a scientific explanation why that lake in the bible book turned red, as blood
You can explain basicly every major miracle that occured back then - lake turning red, the sea being wide open etc.
The problem is not how they happened, but why they happened and why in that exact time.
It is like it was all planned from the beginning. Moses just found the suitable moment. But how did he know? Does it mean we are a part of some bigger plan?
You can explain the scientific reason for the sea going wide open - gravitational anomalies etc. I'm sure you can also explain the anomaly. But then go deeper and deeper... And you find out it was just a >coincidence< that the entire universe moved the way it helped Jews pass through.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:59:25 pm by Floodnik »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2011, 09:54:02 pm »

From a religious view point or a scientific view point, it doens't make any sense.

I mean, no matter how you look at it:

- If we both agree Big Bang is true, then what caused Big Bang? What created the matter to let whatever caused the Big Bang happen?
- And then what you said, about what created god. What created God? If a person says "God has been around for all time", then what created 4th Dimension? etc, etc.

Doesn't make sense either way - an infinite cycle, really.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2011, 09:55:31 pm »

I believe God is the Almighty One, there is nothing more powerful than Him. If you want to believe in Super-God or something else, then do. My faith is (fine) as it is.
Still God needs someone to pay to keep our world running, or else it'll be closed. He gaining donations from humans, may be he can even do that with flames, trolling and whining! Depends on whom he pays.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2011, 09:57:04 pm »

now, if we can focus on our goal of creating some new bodyes that can wistand our full potential we will resolve all this questions on no time, but i figure a few problems

in the first Dracula movie(i didn't saw it) the main Hero(or Vilan) had made a pact with the devil: to take away all his emotions, but make him imortal, if we try to do something like:USB in our brain to a computer, we will not have a lot of emotion, moast of our emotions are biological coming from glands(idk if i am right, but in theory if someone does not have over renales(idk name, the glands that give adrenaline) we will not experience, or we will only expirience fear(not sure)but anyway, there is a strong relation emotion-glands. so if we USB our brain we will be like Dracula, we need something to reproduce the influence of the glandes and other organs

about last post, i am not veary sure, but if some of you works in medicine or something can it confirm or diaorove, please
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2011, 10:16:45 pm »

I'm curious whether i am the only one who is laughing at all of lagmaster's posts

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2011, 10:58:18 pm »

From a religious view point or a scientific view point, it doens't make any sense.

I mean, no matter how you look at it:

- If we both agree Big Bang is true, then what caused Big Bang? What created the matter to let whatever caused the Big Bang happen?
- And then what you said, about what created god. What created God? If a person says "God has been around for all time", then what created 4th Dimension? etc, etc.

Doesn't make sense either way - an infinite cycle, really.

Total nonsense.

Science is gradually testing and developing theories to model the universe. We already know things about the universe that are a lot more "unbelievable" than the fairy tales in religious texts - but we know them to be true because we have tested them, refined the theories and gradually come to better understand what we see. Nothing is sacred in Science, so anything can be proven wrong and humankinds understanding can increase.

We know that time is affected by how fast we travel - to someone from the time where religion belongs (pre scientific method) this fact would be a lot less believable than a magic man in the sky creating everything we know.

Was the big bang a collision of branes along the 11th dimension? Are we holographic projections from the edge of the universe? Does a photon travel along EVERY path avaialble to it until its observed, at which point the history of that photon is decided and the history of the universe changes (Which can mean you can effect things which happened 13 billion years ago)?

All sound totally unbelievable - all have varying degrees of evidence supporting them as fact.

The beauty of Science is that it isn't a closed book that claims to have the answers, it says "This is our best understanding of our reality, use evidence to prove it wrong". The exact opposite of religion which says "This is exactly what happened, please ignore the fact we've got absolutly nothing to back this up". 

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2011, 11:22:53 pm »

@Solar
Christians' beliefs don't collide with science. Actually, these two are pretty much filling eachother up.

magic man in the sky creating everything we know
I don't perceive Him that way. I'd rather say He is everywhere, flowing through the universe, through us.
Try to first understand the concept of God, then argue.

Also, you keep using Science as an argument. To develop something, a man first had to come up with an idea. Then he proves others that it's correct.
If you can't reach out for Him, think of Him as an idea that wasn't yet proven nor disproven. Just like Science, huh?
Some day you're gonna step on evidences. The thing you do wrong is assuming in advance that He doesn't exist*. But you can't know that.

*Just like mediaval christianity did with other scientific ideas  :) You are criticising it, but you're acting exactly the same way.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 25 queries.