"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 21, 2024, 02:20:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: 2238 is simulator of waiting  (Read 35351 times)

Re: 2238 is simulator of waiting
« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2010, 08:22:50 pm »

I dont wait in Fonline, sorry for you guys .

maximum a few second for my FA CD, or 3 min for relog.

you dont like creating characters? you dont like Lvling up? you dont like to have to craft or farm for your equipement? you dont like " ingame progress"?

so you dont like RPG, go play quake or counterstrike.

EDIT: in fact, I do wait in TC action, but its Tactic, and i accept it.

I like RPGs. So tell me...where are the roleplaying elements in FOnline, how many people have you seen roleplaying and where did it take place. I'm not trolling, I'd honestly like to know. Because if what people do in FOnline is roleplaying, US troops had an enjoying walk in the forest in 'nam.
"“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2010, 03:36:11 pm »

Am I the only one enjoying playing even when lvl <21?

I actually enjoy the playing only when <21... Maybe there is something wrong with me... eh but when my character reaches lvl 21 I for some reason have a new plan for an experimental build in my head, so I dump the old char to level up a new one.\\

I just wish that there could be some way to develop your character after lvl 21..
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2010, 07:18:08 am »

Loners and RPers like more the fun leveling process, trading and having good PvE fun than random PvP/TC crazyness

Not like it is a bad thing as i enjoy lveling more than lvl 21

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2010, 02:58:15 pm »

well, if you want to make the game "harsh" removing the content from it is not the way.
And Im sure i can tell that the more you have to wait, less you will find : /
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2010, 09:59:40 pm »

I like RPGs. So tell me...where are the roleplaying elements in FOnline, how many people have you seen roleplaying and where did it take place. I'm not trolling, I'd honestly like to know. Because if what people do in FOnline is roleplaying, US troops had an enjoying walk in the forest in 'nam.

if you're looking for hard roleplay then you wont find it here nor anywhere else on the internet where normal people reside..

roleplay in games like these is light and involves maintaining an in-character goal and motivation, i'd argue 90% of the players have a specific purpose when playing, and that in of itself is the roleplay.

you won't find any aragorn wannabe's smoking their cool pipes in the dark corner here, you should try here for that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

if you are seeking a completely in character experience then the only one stopping yourself is you..
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2010, 07:29:09 pm »

First of all, LARPing is dumb and it's NOT roleplaying. Second of all, I had a well thought out long reply written but I erased it and decided to give it a rest. Trying to enlighten the internet is kindda like trying to stop a tsunami with an umbrella.

So instead, I'll post a picture of the only thing players here can relate to:

After all, it's what FOnline's all about, eh?

"“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2010, 01:04:15 pm »

First of all, LARPing is dumb and it's NOT roleplaying. Second of all, I had a well thought out long reply written but I erased it and decided to give it a rest. Trying to enlighten the internet is kindda like trying to stop a tsunami with an umbrella.

So instead, I'll post a picture of the only thing players here can relate to:

After all, it's what FOnline's all about, eh?

omg is that sum gunz??? implement them asap! i wanna shot things!
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2010, 02:27:16 pm »

I play a good guy.
I like to trade
Soon will be getting envolved in TC,PvP

I killed a guy at redding who had killed my friend, took him out with a kick, lucky my friend had done good dam b4 he fell.
I hav saved 2 players in the wastes from robbers, bluesuiters with a gun.
My team got slaughtered at Redding, we where "guarding the mine" and got ambushed by chosen or red dot. LOL dead b4 i saw screen.
I hav sold heaps of crafted stuff for cheap prices to players.
Reapaired a few things here and there for some players.
Been robbed blind 1 time.
Mining and hunting expeditions with Faction members.
Goofing around at our base.
Got jumped recently on the way to san fran, by 5 dudes in metal armor, i just LOL, they LOL. i died. LOL
Again got jumped at BH, dude was hiding at the top, only see his feet. 2 others with me,we just got him, our unarmed guy dropped him, then i woke up and shot him, then we bolted.
Done a number of quests.
Played a few PVP events. they where quite fun.

So, i play a trader type char, and this is the Stuff that i do and have had happen.
If that isnt Rolepalying n00buaddib.
What is?

Short the devs, creating bluesuiter animations of him sitting down and pulling out a guiitar and starts to sing hyms of the Wastes with a few Mates drinking gamma gulp at night around a camp fire.
Sitting around a table, imagining it in ur head with some dice isnt my cup of tea.

I love this game, but it still has alot of work to go.
This game could/will be huge if the players let it.

Ox
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:45:06 am by Ox-Skull »
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

avv

« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2010, 04:22:12 pm »

if you're looking for hard roleplay then you wont find it here nor anywhere else on the internet where normal people reside..

roleplay in games like these is light and involves maintaining an in-character goal and motivation, i'd argue 90% of the players have a specific purpose when playing, and that in of itself is the roleplay.

You're right that in any mmorpg there's not many who are really into the deep rp experiences and some sort of rp experience is created no matter what. However they still act rather rationally when it comes to the world they are living. In wow horde and alliance fight each other. Alliance does not murder its own kin when they meet in unguarded areas, neither does the horde. Can't say the same about vc citizens or regulars of san fransisco. So what lacks in fonline is that the players do not have the same motives as the npcs are described to have.

In fallout people would be probably after survival, food and water, shelter, better state of living and when those are satisfied they'd be after power and influence or maintaining peace and order around them. Because we're not after realistic goals, our behaviour is very strange and out of the wasteland.
Examples would be:

- Reckless search for violence without reason (random pvp, TC, farming, exping)
- No fear of death or injury
- Suiciding for various irrational reasons. For example "just for fun"
- Submitting to hard labour for questionable cause (crafting alt)
- Valuing items over the life of others and oneself

When the desires do not match with the rest of the world then it's basically all the same if it's Middle Age Online, Dimension 8 Online or FOnline.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2010, 04:25:21 pm »

I like reading such stories. Some of similar stuff happened to me as well. I'm just back from a year break and I see a LOT of improvements i.e. awareness when you don't need to use binoculars on target, new 3d critters (desert stalker is awesome), new installer, quests, train, mechanics tweaked and more. I'm surprised to see more topics like this one as the game seems more interesting for me now.

« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2010, 12:12:04 am »

I play a good guy.
I like to trade
Soon will be getting envolved in TC,PvP

I killed a guy at redding who had killed my friend, took him out with a kick, lucky my friend had done good dam b4 he fell.
I hav saved 2 players in the wastes from robbers, bluesuiters with a gun.
My team got slaughtered at Redding, we where "guarding the mine" and got ambushed by chosen or red dot. LOL dead b4 i saw screen.
I hav sold heaps of crafted stuff for cheap prices to players.
Reapaired a few things here and there for some players.
Been robbed blind 1 time.
Mining and hunting expeditions with Faction members.
Goofing around at our base.
Got jumped recently on the way to san fran, by 5 dudes in metal armor, i just LOL, they LOL. i died. LOL
Again got jumped at BH, dude was hiding at the top, only see his feet. 2 others with me,we just got him, our unarmed guy dropped him, then i woke up and shot him, then we bolted.
Done a number of quests.
Played a few PVP events. they where quite fun.

So, i play a trader type char, and this is the Stuff that i do and have had happen.
If that isnt Rolepalying n00buaddib.
What is?

Short the devs, creating bluesuiter animations of him sitting down and pulling out a guiitar and starts to sing hyms of the Wastes with a few Mates drinking gamma gulp at night around a camp fire.
Sitting around a table, imagining it in ur head with some dice isnt my cup of tea.

I love this game, but it still has alot of work to go.
This game good be huge if the players let it.

Ox

this is exactly what i meant.

i'm in a mercenary faction, we do all kinds of mercenary type stuff and maintain profitability doing so. id go into as much depth as this guy did about our endeavors, but to be honest all i need to tell you is we stick to our "characters", and you just imagine what kind of trouble a band of mercenaries can get into.

if thats not RP, then i don't know what RP is.

Phallus Erectus

• Simple and really not crazy
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2010, 09:42:50 am »

RP is non-existant with most people. I step outside my hiding hole while waiting for a merchant to restock caps and immediately get shot by a spanish speaking guy who was screaming something for 5 minutes. He takes EVERYTHING I had and just leaves the map. I had so many spears that I spent 30 minutes crafting so I can get some damn ammo and it's all gone. In any town that doesn't have guards I'm simply shot by everyone. Not to mention they all had leather or metal armor. Is everyone RPing a maniac?

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2010, 09:52:54 am »

most are just players, with no thought,to what a Post-Apocalyptic world is like. They play it like its a FPS.

Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2010, 12:00:07 am »

RP is non-existant with most people. I step outside my hiding hole while waiting for a merchant to restock caps and immediately get shot by a spanish speaking guy who was screaming something for 5 minutes. He takes EVERYTHING I had and just leaves the map. I had so many spears that I spent 30 minutes crafting so I can get some damn ammo and it's all gone. In any town that doesn't have guards I'm simply shot by everyone. Not to mention they all had leather or metal armor. Is everyone RPing a maniac?

no, its just that the people who hang out in those towns would be considered sociopaths. when that sort of puzzling situation happens to me, i ask myself what sort of NPC personality they'd fit. if they truly don't fit anything, then i just consider them an ass hat.

i mean, you played fallout 3 im sure.. they fleshed out the personalities of various enemies. Raiders and such were complete lunatics. they'd run at you screaming about nonsense. the kids and such that play like the way you describe are very similar in personality. they are the low intelligence, numerous masses of hedonists and murderers that you must overcome... or risk becoming one yourself.

edit: and man crafting spears to sell in a northern town? the crazy one is YOU. the northern town have very few attractions and what they do have is geared towards high level PVP players. if you want a secure and safer experience, stay south. if you wish to risk your belongings and your time, you can stay in the north for greater return on your investment (time, money), but you have to accept the risk of being there in the first place.

if you can't defend yourself, why are you entering a pvp area?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:02:40 am by zato1 »
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2010, 12:07:01 pm »

PVP area ???
All this world is, and here is his interest Oo

North towns are deadly, sure. People generaly shooting before speaking.
But south one like NCR are just beyond any interest...
Due to the crazyness of thievery or suicide bomber, not to mention the major dial : WTB/WTS... and the incredible bunch of zombies... so Great Oo

And they qre only "secure" if you run as rabbit tent/city/mine, but far more dangerous once you hunt around.
Simply because it is a great hunting field for noob-killer...

I am currently in north, due to my first spawn. Passed to level 15 quickly as finely, without big free PKing or major difficulty.
VC is a guarded town that people tend to forget...
You encounter less people, sure. But they have generaly far more interest than at NCR or the HUB.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Page created in 2.643 seconds with 21 queries.