"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:20:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Random encounters  (Read 11161 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Random encounters
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2010, 04:09:37 pm »

Can somebody please explain me, how the hell can I spawn in a Random encounter 2 hexes away from ghoul crazies? Even for a lvl 10 char it might make problems, because ghoul crazies are unbelievable snipers! But it you spawn 2 hexes from them, even an low-tier armed lvl21 char might still have problems.

Besides, they are ghouls! Think of it, you can smell them from miles, they walk too slowly, to accidently run into them. Right now I wasted my 40 minutes of mining at gecko mine, this is ridiculous!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:11:10 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 05:12:09 pm »

you should probably avoid squares in which you've died to ghoul crazies, that is the only advice i can give you. the encounter is one of the only ways to get .223 from NPCs and it is sufficiently hard, make it any easier and .223 will be farmed like mad... even more.
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 05:14:58 pm »

the encounter is one of the only ways to get .223 from NPCs and it is sufficiently hard, make it any easier and .223 will be farmed like mad... even more.
It is farmed like mad already, you just need a long range sniper in RT mode. Since Ghoul Crazies can only walk, you just need to keep a distance and shot them in the eyes. They are dead quickly then.

BTW. I noticed that the frequency of encounters was lowered. It's ok for me now :)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2010, 06:55:35 pm »

you should probably avoid squares in which you've died to ghoul crazies, that is the only advice i can give you. the encounter is one of the only ways to get .223 from NPCs and it is sufficiently hard, make it any easier and .223 will be farmed like mad... even more.

The fact is that I'm pissed off by the respawn location. Now imagine this - You are walking in the desert, no mountains, no sandstorms, nothing, just desert. You keep going, you go, you go, you go, you go, and suddenly after realizing that you have walked 1 kilometer you see 6 radiated men with hunting rifles and smelling badly just 2 meters away from you. HOW THE FUCK DID YOU ENCOUNTER THEM?!?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 07:42:09 pm »

especially if you have 8 PE, 6LU and 120 outdoors skill. stuff like this shouldn't happen. ( unless you have 1PE )

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2010, 03:06:55 am »

There is a NCR army vs Remnants encounter that yields easy loot :

http://img259.imageshack.us/f/ncrvsmuties.jpg

i found it there :

http://img138.imageshack.us/f/locationb.jpg

i don't know if it was intended, seems like very easy loot : M60 + 120 7.62 ammo, 4 hunting rifles + 80 223 ammo, a bunch of radios and a flamer from dead mutie.

EDIT : just noticed it was mentioned in original post by izual... well nice screenshot i guess.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:57:17 pm by Lacan »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2010, 01:16:56 pm »

There is a NCR army vs Remnants encounter that yields easy loot :

http://img259.imageshack.us/f/ncrvsmuties.jpg

i found it there :

http://img138.imageshack.us/f/locationb.jpg

i don't know if it was intended, seems like very easy loot : M60 + 120 7.62 ammo, 4 hunting rifles + 80 223 ammo, a bunch of radios and a flamer from dead mutie.

EDIT : dunno why, the img thing wasn't working on those

EDIT : just noticed it was mentioned in original post by izual... well nice screenshot i guess.

The mutants don't stop you looting?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2010, 02:56:59 pm »

no no, that's a classic : let the muties loot their share, like 1 body per mutant, then you can loot anything left. Muties didn't turn hostile, no message.

Moreover many foes had been blown up with rockets, and their stuff was just lying on the ground, the muties didnt take it then.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2010, 05:41:06 pm »

Ah, I see. At least we now have a clear problem to fix :)

avv

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2010, 06:00:35 pm »

Ah, I see. At least we now have a clear problem to fix :)

Alright but lemme ask something: what's the point of whole vs encounters other than not give stuff to lone wastelanders who encounter them? Right now they have been mildly exciting because you never know what the winning side might miss.

What comes to vs encounters, another issue is that sometimes one member of the fighting sides decides that the unprovoking player is the top priority target and starts chasing him, someone starts to chase this chaser and soon everyone is running after player. Sometimes shooting this chaser makes him turn around and fight his previous enemies. Pretty weird behaviour.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2010, 06:07:41 pm »

hum the problem is people have m60s with lifetime supply of ammo already =/
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2010, 03:26:54 am »

Should seriously consider the effect of AOE weapons having been killed more than once by a [Good/Neutral] Npc, who was firing at someone near me, or even several spaces away and at an angle.

ANOTHER forced encounter with pk's no chance lost everything...  OD 110%.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:06:40 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2010, 09:01:00 am »

Near Broken Hills I can kill any raider at encounter without payback from other
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2010, 11:57:38 am »

Near Broken Hills I can kill any raider at encounter without payback from other

Yay? 

So some of them are working.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2010, 01:14:17 pm »

The only Raiders with any team ID set are the ones around the Khans base. When the different raiders groups are differentiated then setting them as proper teams seems like a good idea.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.