"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:25:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Random encounters  (Read 11164 times)

avv

Re: Random encounters
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 12:15:36 pm »

What if the system looked like that...

Problem with this is that fallout worldmap wasn't designed for any other activity than navigating. It's not very good basis to build any advanced features on.

There are too many encounters at a time, I mean, you geting encounte ever 2 dots is ludicrous, the Wasteland IS A WASTELAND, NOTA GOD DAMN FARMLAND BUBBLING WITH MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.  I'm just saying encounters are way too common now, it doesn' realy seem like the wasteland now....

If we reduced encounters other people would complain about that. What you really don't like is that you're forced to deal with encounters when you don't want to.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 12:47:38 pm »

If we reduced encounters other people would complain about that. What you really don't like is that you're forced to deal with encounters when you don't want to.
That is not necessarily the case, I have 96% outdoorsman and I manage to skip 80% of encounters so its not rlly a problem but it makes the wasteland seem full of life whe its supposed to be devoid of it.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 12:55:33 pm »

And it seriously raises your encounters with players, which 98% of the time don't end well for nice people.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

TuX

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 12:58:21 pm »

Yep there is nothing as frustrating than entering the same encounter 3 times in a row, like it happened to me yesterday. Managed to run once - good for me, managed to run twice - good for me didn't manage to run for the third time - shame on me. I can understand the slow WM speed but for god's sake those encounters are proly not se necessary

avv

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 01:08:00 pm »

That is not necessarily the case, I have 96% outdoorsman and I manage to skip 80% of encounters so its not rlly a problem but it makes the wasteland seem full of life whe its supposed to be devoid of it.

But you still have to click the "no" option and that's dealing. What comes to wasteland being devoid you're probably right but it doesn't change the fact that even then encounters wouldn't have any reason to exist other than loot, exp and some meaningless difficulty for players to deal with every now and then. Eventually they serve no purpose at all when player is so powerful he doesn't need their loot or exps.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 01:38:26 pm »

As for player encounters, I've no idea if anything's changed. From the repeated mentioning of increased player encounters it sounds like it may be a TLA inherited thing. Will have to ask.

How long does it take you to travel the length of the side of a WM square? Something like just under 10 seconds?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:40:01 pm by Solar »
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 09:56:26 pm »

As for player encounters, I've no idea if anything's changed. From the repeated mentioning of increased player encounters it sounds like it may be a TLA inherited thing. Will have to ask.

How long does it take you to travel the length of the side of a WM square? Something like just under 10 seconds?
17 seconds.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 10:58:53 pm »

On Mountains?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 10:59:50 pm »

On Mountains?
Around NCR which is desert.
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 08:56:25 am »

Thanks Solar for looking into the PC encounters, because the life around the cities is much more than before.  Which makes sense in a wasteland most people would be near the main hubs.  But PC encounters rarely end well in this game for people.

One outstanding problem with Random Encounters.  [Good/Neutral] Npc's have this bad habit of not only missing with their automatic weapons but hitting people no where NEAR where they were shooting.  I was visually 2+ hexs from a rogue in a random encounter with them and unity patrol, and in turn based most 2 rockets go off instantly and I'm dead along with the rogue that I was soon to be running away from.  Before that NCR Army opens up on a group of Marauders, and a 90 degree turn and a few hexes away I take Bullets in the chest.  Not good.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:00:27 pm by Trokanis »
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 01:01:03 pm »

I do not like posting when I'm pissed off but I can't help it at the moment.  Marauders are STILL too much to be all over the place around NCR.  On my way from the mine to NCR I got an encounter with them.  After moving 8 <-----  spaces TWICE they still managed to move into range and BURST me for over 100hp iwith one guy.  How many AP do they have!??!  Seems like it might be a bit too many...  Even deathclaws lose an attack or two if they have to keep chasing you.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 02:12:46 pm »

Theres not been an update yet, so the change where their 10mm SMGs have been made more rare hasnt come on yet.
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 02:57:57 pm »

And their ability to move 6 spaces and burst and a fair range?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 03:48:16 pm »

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2010, 03:57:26 pm »

Well somethings up because like I said I had at least a 16 AP movement lead on them, and they not only caught up to range, but managed a burst also.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.