"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 10:09:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Wasteland Estates - for better tomorrow!  (Read 7161 times)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Wasteland Estates - for better tomorrow!
« on: August 29, 2010, 07:07:12 pm »

There are some players with this in signature:

and my suggestion is mostly for them.

Estate Agent

NPC called Mr XY stays somewhere in Hub/SF/VC.
[XY]Hello stranger, what can humble agent do for you?
[player]An agent?
or
[player]Nothing, goodbye.

[XY]Well, e-sta-te agent, to be precise. I can offer you a cosy and nice estate nearby, really good price.
[player]Where is the catch?
or
[player]Are you nuts? There are only ruins around, you freak. Get lost.

[XY]Who says there is any catch? Let me tell you about beatiful sight, peaceful surrounding, quiet and nice neighbours, comfortable interiors designed by ...
[player]Yeah yeah, I know. Now cut this crap and tell me about the catch.

[XY]I wouldn't call it "catch" actually. It's more like a little inconvenience. There are some unwanted ... inhabitants and I can't get rid off them myself. But someone like you ...

[player]OK, show me where it is and I'll do the rest.

(level check, if less than f.e. 15)
[XY]I don't think you can handle this task. Goodbye.
(if more than 15)
[XY]You need to go here.

A small dot appears max two squares from Hub/SF/VC, inside there is:
- Hub

- SF

-VC
(don't have nice enough image for VC, sorry)

Few critters live there, for Hub it could be raiders, for SF mercenaries, for VC ghouls ("disgusting creatures" in VC dialogue), weak enough to kill them in RT but not so weak to make this a bit challenging.

Now after cleaning whole location player goes back to "agent":
[XY]Welcome again my friend. How's going business of yours?
[player]I cleaned this ... estate for you. Now about my reward ...
or
[player]Didn't have time to take care of it, sorry.
or
[player]This task is stupid, go do it for your own, scrounger.

[XY]For such brave man like you I have special offer, it's only 10 000 caps. Interested?
[player]It's kinda cheap, here.
or
[player]I don't need your sordid estate.

Depending on player's choice, reward for this quest is an estate for 10 000 caps, marked on his map or 1000 xp if he refuses (Fallout series are about choices all the time, remember?).

- no terminal, workbench or resources there - there are bases for this
- no adding/removing friends - there are bases for this
- only one estate available per character - you can't have more than one, so choose wisely
- non repeatable quest
- no CH check - you need to kill, not convince peacefully to leave

And?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:17:08 pm by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

avv

Re: Wasteland Estates - for better tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 07:52:37 pm »

All I have to say here that this would be just some candy for us questers. Wouldn't really be very high on to-do list because it wouldn't change the gameflow anywhere.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 07:55:38 pm »

Sounds good, but give the player a possibility later anyway, it's not a singleplayer game.
...but there is a catch, he is going to ask double the price so 20k.

Besides all that, great idea. A workbench would be nice, but not required. atleast a brahmin or 2? Or perhaps some fruit?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 08:49:14 pm »

I'd say, excellent suggestion.

Very atmospheric place to store your loot and logoff - that's always what i dreamt of in my lonely tent with louse-ridden mattresses in the middle of the desert.
Don't even need extras, just a locker with some tables or shelves.

And nice ambient music, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CsLYRViuEc

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 09:01:36 pm »

All I have to say here that this would be just some candy for us questers. Wouldn't really be very high on to-do list because it wouldn't change the gameflow anywhere.
It supposes to be just a "candy", no more no less. I mean you can store your stuff at tent, as it is now, but when you want something more, to satisfy your vanity or just because, why not have a real home?
Sounds good, but give the player a possibility later anyway, it's not a singleplayer game.
...but there is a catch, he is going to ask double the price so 20k.

Besides all that, great idea. A workbench would be nice, but not required. atleast a brahmin or 2? Or perhaps some fruit?
No, no resources, workbenches or anything that makes buying a base senseless. Price 10k sounds fine to me.
I'd say, excellent suggestion.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:03:12 pm by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 09:28:45 pm »

Great idea and i most like you dialog.

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 09:29:43 pm »

Needs a garden, otherwise it's awesome.
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:02:50 am »

love it
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 10:57:26 am »

I will look from the bigger overview:

1) current base/tent system is obsolete, everybody knows
 2) one reason, why devs dont want to introduce visible bases is big number of existing bases -> this is also problem for database
 3) the same like tents, because you cannot invite there anybody after creation, you need to build new tents again...
--> i like the idea of this places, but only in one big base rework

it could be one tier 1 base (tier 0 is tent), but with possibility of adding new members, because there is not any difference between tent and this house (tent is better, you can get there friends during creating) and only reason is to add quest for few Loners RP players.

I dont tell that it is bad, but house should be better than basic tent in new base system.

Alvarez

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 11:48:13 am »

1) current base/tent system is obsolete, everybody knows

So far the system is good in aspect of security. In aspect of PvP at base? Maybe.
But i'd like to know what exactly you call obsolete.

2) one reason, why devs dont want to introduce visible bases is big number of existing bases -> this is also problem for database

I suppose, many bases share the same location. I also encountered a bug, if one tent location is overlapping with another, it will disappear in the next rollback, but it seems to be not a problem to the database, otherwise we'll have no private mines, which everyone can buy (for whatever reasons)

3) the same like tents, because you cannot invite there anybody after creation, you need to build new tents again...

Agreed, it's quite a issue, mainly because of all the stored stuff. Why can't it be possible to invite someone via radio? It's VERY risky, but nevertheless, it would prevent people building tents in vicinity of cities. And perhaps more base PvP.

My 2 cents.

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 01:07:26 pm »

So far the system is good in aspect of security. In aspect of PvP at base? Maybe.
But i'd like to know what exactly you call obsolete.
You can buy first cheap base and you dont need to buy another because of more lockers, workbench,.. .
If you want to buy new base for better location, newbies, some resources.. you have to leave your previous name..
You cant connect new resource bases with your previous one.. The first one base is oftem full of stuff you cant transport (or in one week), so you always stay in your first "home" base, even if you have money for better bases.
The most expensive base is also most usefull.. you need to go long for crafting, exiting...
I suppose, many bases share the same location. I also encountered a bug, if one tent location is overlapping with another, it will disappear in the next rollback, but it seems to be not a problem to the database, otherwise we'll have no private mines, which everyone can buy (for whatever reasons)

I think if there are 200 unused bases and many tents, it is not helpfull for any database.

[/quote]

Alvarez

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 01:50:52 pm »

If you want to buy new base for better location, newbies, some resources.. you have to leave your previous name..
You cant connect new resource bases with your previous one.. The first one base is oftem full of stuff you cant transport (or in one week), so you always stay in your first "home" base, even if you have money for better bases.

Well, as far i know, a base is assigned to one name.
As for transport to another base, i see there no problem, if you have a tent and a brahmin. You can move the stuff there first and then buy a new base, deleting hereby the old one.
Sure, if you wanna buy another base, it would be technically seen, another gang name. But okay then.

I think if there are 200 unused bases and many tents, it is not helpfull for any database.

Maybe. We're out of bases for now because of that.
But location limits are still applicable, you can't spawn intact houses out of nowhere - so there must be a limit for houses amount.

If the trader already sold all houses, you should be able to buy this house from another player.
How should it be done without faction terminal? Let's say, with a posession of a certain item, a certificate of ownership.
You used it on your char, you get the revisitable location. You give it to another player, he uses it - your rights are rewoked.

How does it sound?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:01:04 pm by Alvarez »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 02:26:18 pm »

Can someone explain why the hell you talk about bases, if this suggestion is about totally something else?
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Alvarez

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 03:06:53 pm »

There's probably a location limit on the server, which could be problematic for the maximal amount of house locations and that includes bases as locations.
And we're out of them - because too much locations would overload the database on server.
My latest suggestion was about using this limit as a part of the gameplay.

That's the hell we're talking about, Wipe.

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 03:08:46 pm »

Can someone explain why the hell you talk about bases, if this suggestion is about totally something else?

Suggestion is about 1) quest, 2) role play, 3) base (does not matter how you name it (tent, cave, ... = "base", location for stuff,craft).

So we are talking about 1/3 of the suggestion. No, we were talking about whole, because i wrote, that i like that idea, but new "base" should have a position in new base system.

Base system is totaly without challenges. Of course, you can buy better base with more resources, but you cant move there: big gangs have a lot of stuff and moving is almost impossible (how can you order 10+ players to move all stuff, if maybe only 1/2 is connected at all time). It will take maybe 2 weeks and because of this it is nonsense.

Point 3)
 I would like to see possibility of tents sharing (only owner of the tent could create map, if somebody else use it, it will consume it and he will see location).
 Tier 1 base should be without possibility of crafting, but with some crates and better possibility to share your location, registering of gang name too.
 Tier 2 base should be visible base as i suggested,..
 Tier 3 base should be same base as tier 2, but with upgrades,... so you will have to leave your "base shelter" and protect it, or craft lvl 3 stuff with possibility of attack from anybody.

So in this system, i can not see the benefit of base, that will not be better than tent and it will be more expensive. I mean benefit for possesor of that base. So if it could be tier 1 base, so you would be able to take name of gang (but there have to be  possibility to transport that name to tier 2 (3) base, it could be cell in chain of challenges base element.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.