"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 10:40:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Wasteland Estates - for better tomorrow!  (Read 7162 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: Wasteland Estates - for better tomorrow!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 03:19:57 pm »

As i recall, brahmins can lift 14949 pounds of weight, like roughly claculated, 149 men. (100pounds each), so moving shouldn't be a big issue.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 01:55:50 am »

A bit of fresh air.

I've made this recently:

Map file is here, changes allowed to make.

It's called "Hub Estate", however fits more to Junktown when I'm looking at it now.

SF and VC Estates will appear here ... erm ... "soon".
Nie biegaj za stadem.

BurntAluminum

• The Intelligence Quotient
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 04:55:28 am »

I like the idea, as I'd like more containers to organize my shit in, rather than a crate. But the Dialogue seems eh to me, too pre-war... I wouldn't want to call it estates, but rather have some rugged explorer or something in a bar introduce the idea to you...

But what doesn't make sense is paying after clearing it out, you just killed everybody in there and that guy suddenly makes you pay for a house he technically doesn't own... I mean it makes sense as a game mechanic, but in reality, I'd just laugh at the guy, gun the folks down, and take the hut, if they come to try and make me pay, I'd gun the guy down too. Now it would make sense to buy this information before gunning down the inhabitants, as the information itself is valuable.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 08:33:32 am »

I vote for workbench... why not? Why should only gangs have those? Not everyone is team-player and this will give better chance to loners...
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 08:45:03 am »

It looks a bit dull to be honest. :/ And why is there hay in the middle of a building?

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 08:50:30 am »

I vote for workbench... why not? Why should only gangs have those? Not everyone is team-player and this will give better chance to loners...

There is no point for that - all mentioned cities are guarded and have a workbench already. Remember that workbench is one of just few reasons why players visit any city.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 01:48:14 pm »

We visit cities to take stuff from vendors, do quests and yell at each other about whose relative is a woman of "dubious affections" while protected from reprecutions from the ever friendly guards!
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »

Why do you force people to enter cities? What's the point if they only need workbench at the time?
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 06:18:11 pm »

Why do you force people to enter cities? What's the point if they only need workbench at the time?

Yeah, what a great MMORPG when everyone sits in their cave and only "interacts" with other people by shooting 'em.

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 06:21:41 pm »

Yeah, what a great MMORPG when everyone sits in their cave and only "interacts" with other people by shooting 'em.

Ever been to NCR? There are lots of people at the entrance chatting, doing things etc. What you imply is that cities would be only for workbenches. Yeah what a great MMO when everyone runs to craft something then goes back to exit grid, wasting time.
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 07:06:31 pm »

Ever been to NCR? (...)

Ever been in other city? Eh, adding workbench to tent-like locations is out of discussion for now; maybe in future, when cities will be actually alive (cities, not NCR only). Making Hub something more than ghost city took months, so don't hold your breath.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 08:56:04 pm »

With the lower map speed I'm actually seeing a decent amount of people going to the den to craft...now all we need is for those pesky militia to be removed and the north cities might have decent population in them. I'm a loner and crafting from a city is more exciting with the risk of death.
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 01:34:48 pm »

yes! crafting under danger is amazing!

I cant wait to risk materials worth a couple of hours and a few thousand caps for the thrill of danger!

On second thought if you like danger why dont you go carrying all your caps in a blue suit while yelling "I have 10k caps on me and no guns or armor. Catch me if you can"? would that not be exciting enough?
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 01:52:19 pm »

On second thought if you like danger why dont you go carrying all your caps in a blue suit while yelling "I have 10k caps on me and no guns or armor. Catch me if you can"? would that not be exciting enough?

You are a dirty poor, less than 50 k caps give us no emotion, I bet soon the northern city will become overpopulated ;)

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 02:33:15 pm »

Northern villages should be more interesting. And by interesting i dont mean entering mining HQ stuff and getting the hell outta there before you get shot by some dude.

And i surely dont mean TC too, because TC is either beerparty at a KOTH-building or on worldmap.
Before 2 wipes modoc was full of friendly people chatting, crafting, role-playing, trading every day. sure there were some guys coming in and shooting everyone, but we often defended ourselves successfully against these raiders. This was a real nice time. Now modoc is a PC-ghosttown. All you see is someone doin a quest quick, get armorer prof or a gang who wants the TC.

I for myself started my first char ever at modoc and met a friendly guy who helped me learning the basics of survival in wasteland. not possible these days in northern towns.

So dont talk about oh a workbench in a tent makes our towns empty (im against this too, but because of difficulty-level of the game). They are empty already. Deal with it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.