"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 09:18:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: TLA base  (Read 8659 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: TLA base
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2010, 10:15:26 pm »

Awesome idea, and I agree with Solar.

The base itself is unsuitable for us, sure. But the idea isn't a bad one.

Concept just needs another map which is viable to members where the secret entrance comes out.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2010, 01:04:32 am »

As said, I just dislike the current map, as it is too high tech to be.
I like the concept of it though.

BUT!

I think, this maybe could cause situations where actual towns become even more empty, were they just become and stay PvP grounds forever as they are now.
IMO, we should more concentrate on populating towns ALREADY EXISTING first, before we can populate the players created stuff more.
This doesn't mean I dislike the idea, as said, I find it good. But the stuff we already have should be on top priority first, imo.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2010, 01:12:39 am »

As said, I just dislike the current map, as it is too high tech to be.
I like the concept of it though.

BUT!

I think, this maybe could cause situations where actual towns become even more empty, were they just become and stay PvP grounds forever as they are now.
IMO, we should more concentrate on populating towns ALREADY EXISTING first, before we can populate the players created stuff more.
This doesn't mean I dislike the idea, as said, I find it good. But the stuff we already have should be on top priority first, imo.
There aren't enough players to do this, besides, as long as you can be killed some way somehow in every single town gaurded or not, those towns will not change, and i dont see that changing.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2010, 01:16:29 am »

How you want fill up towns - which in them you can be easily killed - thats nonsense ;s.
You dont understand that people dont want lose their gear by going into city with it - and we got only people in cities who want only to Pvp/pk /earn sources.

sorry - you can't fill up cities with players.
You can do like on TLA - but 2238 is other server/gamemode/gameplay.

(I mean somthing like geckos hunting grounds in Klamath)

If you dont understand my post so i will say in easy words: You cannot fill up cities - they are ONLY to PVP/Professions/Gaining resources - and there is nothing more (more quest/buying bases are in mostly Guarded cities)

Also i wanted to ask you - if you want fill the cities with players - but there is player behaviour problem - not problem with non guarded citis - its like player killing other player for getting "shit gear" from noob player - and he is now pk - so people dont want go to the city - which contains only death for you - or for someone else.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:19:36 am by Tomowolf »
h

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2010, 01:19:32 am »

And you mean people won't PvP each other randomly in these bases if they are visible?
Towns will be even more dead then now because of that. You might aswell even scrap them from the Worldmap if this gets implemented.

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2010, 03:19:27 am »

Populating cities theme vs. visible bases:

There is opinion that empty cities are here because of PvP in cities :/. But ok, i understanf what you are afraid of and i am offering little solutions:
 make a general reason why to visit cities and individual for each city:

1) to upgrade your bases, you need parts that could be founded in city NPC. maybe you could add purpose to speech skill. with enough skill, you will be able to talk with no-talk npc and trade too.

2) to maintain your bases as i suggested, you need water, so in HUB city, you could buy water caravan and with your teamates you will have to carry it safely to your base: another reason to visit HUB + enabling team PvE

3) you will need special el. parts or something electronic, you will only find in Necropolis vault => another PvE element, reason to take anti rad drugs, or this can highly boost scavenge roleplay and player interaction.. you could trade this parts with non pvp players.. and where? in cities

4) if you erase stupid chemical components and you will bring back drugs from meat, meat from brahmins, you could enable brahmin markets and players will go more often to cities to buy brahmins for a meat

5) special bonuses for your visible base if is placed near specific city:
 HUB: quest that you will get some water to your water tank for free
 Gecko: same but instead of water -> el. power
 Klamath: free brahmins => more meat to drugs
 San Fran: instant medical station upgrade
 Junktown: free dogs = dog will detect sneaker
 i think we would find more ideas, if we try

Because of this, you will spread bases across the world map. base members will first check their nearest city for stuff. and maybe players will buy a car to fast traveling..

6) maintain element in your base, upgrades, .. will push you from the base, instead of lock you there

7) imagine player RP traders in visible but safe bases => they could open their markets near worst pk city and they could be still in safe

8) i wrote it before: base with newbie barracks will help us attract and hold new players. we had cca 20-30 new members, but only few of them stay with us because of reasons i described before.

9)people need chalenges - this will hold them in game and cities will not be so empty

10)also there could be pve .. defend your base from time to time, more fun, more people, more life in cities

11) every era, you implement new economy changes, that did not solve anything important, focus now on base economy instead of player economy
 So why not?

P.S.: i was afraid to visit cities because of militia
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:43:32 am by DonGizmo »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2010, 03:41:37 am »

The main reason why one should or want to visit and stay in a town should always be because he likes the atmosphere there/enjoys the general ideas the faction dwelling there has or wants to make some quests there. This is the main purpose of roleplaying! I dont want to create another character living in some sort of gang, raiding, etc... yawn. If the factions and their actions get more common and well known throughout the playerbase...  :-\
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2010, 03:49:00 am »

Auto cannons. WTB Proffesion: Robotics Techician ... use your repair and science skills to build friends!
We can build robots! WOO

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:04 am »

Perhaps the technologic aspect of the base is unsuitable, but maybe not entirely impossible.  My Exploration suggestion could maybe lead to a real Vault, letting people open the doors to a world below.  Whats inside could be... anything, but one option being a small population, who evacuate on their own or maybe... forcefully (Go, you raider, you!). 

Anyway, a bit over the top, a huge base it may be, though if the game only let a rare one or two be found and populated into a base, then I do not see the entire harm in doing so.  They could grow into... well, what people have clamored for, an RP place, an awesome gang hub, or a fortress of scum and villain as the PKs discovered it and turn it into their de facto capitol. 

Ahem, but yes, having every base be so techy, I not fond of, but making it Entirely not an option? Eh... As I have said often, Chance and the randomization of this World is one of the things that can help bring it Alive. 
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 04:15:37 am »

Problem of your vision Solar is, that the game itself created 2 groups of players. loners and team players. do not expect that team players will abandon their gang, relation created on mumble and join some npc faction. Maybe for test or to test exploit :) We are existing comunity that have common base, some stuff, most of us are here because of PvP and we need more chalenges. I will not leave faction, until every day would be a new quest in every city and this is utopia.

Because of this, i think that you/devs should rethink your aproach and instead of player as a basic unit of your vision, replace it by gang (teams, group of players) that are already heren, grouped, sometimes with kind of roleplay (antipk, merchants, pk,..) and evolve it.

But because it is so hard to add new content every day/week/month/half of a year, you could give us playground (visible bases, multi pve, team scavenging pve, ..), cover it to Fallout compatible suit and let us play.

Gatling: visible base could not be hitech, but upgrades should give members reward that will help them in their basic actions.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2010, 04:16:05 am »

Hmmm i just know - this sugesestion topic is not about base - but about - suggestions .

Developers - you must ask yourself a big fucking one question : what will FOnline:2238 be?

About the base - it wont be developed : due to low frequency of people in Non guarded Towns.
For god sake?! - you want make them "filled" but how? Tell me how? How you will ask people to go to the non guarded cities to "die"?
h

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2010, 05:25:49 am »

Huh, what is "life" in unguarded town?

"Ahh, another beautiful day in Redding! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, PKs slaughter miner bluesuits..."

"Life" in unguarded city is either TC or quick insertion operation for profession or HQ minerals. You seriously expect someone start selling stuff, RPing or just hanging around in a unguarded city? That's deluded.
And taking gear means you're not mere a target, but a walking loot. But enough of that.

Right now, unguarded cities are the ONLY PvP ground, except ocassional caravan trap or event. With bases, PvP factions will get more attractive targets than mere bluesuits and leave (oh terror!) the unguarded cities.

Guess what. There will be even more life in unguarded cities that present slaughtering, if the PKs draw away.
It's fear that keeps the people away.
And sense of security that draws them in. Add some jobs or miniquests for newbs et voila - you have your "life" in town.

And hey, you could even make a experiment by making Broken Hills guarded at certain times a day: guess when it will be most visited?

My 2 cents.

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2010, 05:26:08 am »

BTW what were devs thinking when they made TC towns? (no offense intended)

They were trying to make Players defend the city they are controling while leting players in?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2010, 05:29:39 am »

BTW what were devs thinking when they made TC towns? (no offense intended)

They were trying to make Players defend the city they are controling while leting players in?

Duh, yeah.
But it's the case of exceptions. The opposite is the rule.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2010, 08:15:48 am »

I need to agree with Surf Solar... those bases would be another pvp areas, which we dont need...ok if someone would guard it properly, well yeah it could turn up to something good

You dont have anything more in such base than you have in a town.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.