"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:28:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Remove level cap with changed exp formula on reaching certain level (21 now)  (Read 7356 times)

Dismishing experience points again ? No thanks ...

Nasty Floater - First kill 1000xp, after 250xp.
And if someone think that kill about 100 floaters and 100 centaurs is easy thing, so its funny ...
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Dismishing experience points again ? No thanks ...

Nasty Floater - First kill 1000xp, after 250xp.
And if someone think that kill about 100 floaters and 100 centaurs is easy thing, so its funny ...
You don't need to kill floaters and centaurs all the time.
Prewipe I got 20th and almost 21st level before they removed diminishing XP.
Yes.. it took alot time, but I was everywhere, in every part of California, to find critter I never killed before, so it was somehow interesting, than afterwipe "killing damned molerats". I'm sick of molerats, I can't watch on them, even in F2, when I encountered molerats I reflexed started shoot thier eyes and pressing "C" button to check how many left till 21st. I hope devs will change thier crit table, because shooting eyes of mutated molerats is frustrating. Before, when there was no diminishing XP, I had to travel across California to kill atleast 12 tough deathclaws, 12 dogs, 12 big mutated scorpions, 12 brahmins, 12 mantises, 12 mutated molerats, 12 endless walkers, 12 spore plants, 12 muties, 12 floaters, 12 centaurs, and only then start killing poor molerats! Because 13th kill of the same type brough you like 40% of XP, and after 20th kill there was really low XP.
I can remember getting 60 XP!!!! It was so cool! I was so happy that I got 60 XP for killing some brahmin, only because I killed them less than 12 yet.
But then 11 XP for some ghoul, 8 XP for some pigrat, 5 XP for scorpion, well... atleast it made you to shoot at different pixels, not walking chunks of XP on 4 legs aka mutated moles. Diminishing XP was fun, and if they will remove level cap, it'll be reasonable.

Make xp diminish every 10 kills of a particular type, the increment being 1%.
The bottom of the scale would be 30% of regular XP. (After 700 kills.)
Maybe make that per 5 kills, or even 1 or 2 kills. (?)
This would begin starting at Level 10.
The incrementing would double in speed as well as the bottom end going down to 20% at Level 20.
(So the Final Stretch to 21 would be intensified, unless you saved a whole class of stuff to kill until then.)

After 21st level, xp requirements increase in regular pattern plus 10% per level. (non-cumulative.)
So 21 to 22 is 22000 plus 2200 = 24200, etc.
22 to 23 is 25200 plus 2520 = 27720
23 to 24 is 28720 plus 2872 = 31522

etc.

Or have Storyteller (XP trader) in Trapper Town, Followers Library, and Necropolis.
Cash in those useless beyond-level-21 XP for caps and Rep.
I don't know what the ratio should be.

Maybe have the Storyteller for after the Level 30 Cap.

FO2 was supposed to have a De-Facto lv 30 cap, because they (according to Hendee) thought no one would grind more than that.

I would make it a hard cap.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin

I agree with this. After a certain point, players will have so much health that battles will last longer. Which means you actually have the time to strategize during a fight rather than it be a duel of who can click faster. And if skill points keep coming, more players will be able to use multiple weapons, which will allow more fights to happen.

I haven't played this game for half of the year already, mostly for one main reason - this game becomes a simple shooter (and rather mediorce one) after hitting a levelcap, offering absolutely no way to develop a character further. No doubt that removing the level limitation would result in some players being stronger than others - and it's a good thing. It' supposted to be rpg after all. Obviously, there are 5-10% of no lifes on the server that would grind 24/7 - just like in any other mmorpg. But I see no reason why all the others have to suffer because of this small group. Ofc +1 for removing the max level as I believe that it would motivate a lot of people to return to this game (me for sure).

You just want make this game "more pain in ass" for some players ...

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!

You just want make this game "more pain in ass" for some players ...

I really like idea of more levels but one thing is certainly true. It will make even bigger "abyss" between low-levels and high-levels
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

I really like idea of more levels but one thing is certainly true. It will make even bigger "abyss" between low-levels and high-levels

I wanted to say that people who want back diminishing xp want make this game "more pain in ass".

Idea about more levels and etc is good for me, but as you said, one thing is true, big difference beetwen newbies and high levels !

It will make even bigger "abyss" between low-levels and high-levels

one thing is true, big difference beetwen newbies and high levels !

Well, I don't see any problem here. Does it really make a difference for a newbie if he is killed by 200hp or 300hp guy?

When I play as a newbie I just run away if I see any armed guys on the desert and I don't really care what level they are. Think about it this way.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website

I Dont like the Idea of people having FUCK TONNES of HP, But Everything Else, I Would love Surpassing lvl 21
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum

I don't like this idea. I think level 21 as a limit is perfect because it makes us think about what we really want to use our characters for. Let's say there is no level cap and we can get to level 99: we could spend skill points in two or three combat skills, in Lockpick, in Sneak, in Outdoorsman, in Steal... Level cap means better planned and more defined characters. It also means more alts, yes, but I prefer alts instead of super characters. Instead of talking about removing the level cap we should be talking about giving players less reasons to make alts... Even when, in my opinion, just being in a gang should make you have less alts because different players can play different characters (and loners should simply be mature and brave enough to face the consequences of playing a loner).

So I don't agree. I don't even agree with raising the cap to a higher level.

And reaching level 21 is not boring. I don't know about you, but I don't get fun from a "Level up" message, but from a good hit which kills my enemy, or from roleplaying, or simply interacting with other people, etc...

No matter how harder you would make the level progressing after level 21 you would still see a team of level 50 players in few months. Invinsible players.

Level cap at 21 is realistic enough (with some minor fixes in my opinion). The thing is, that we cannot allow one player to be alien towards another, we all should represetnt humans, meaning we all should be able to die by one shot. That means, more or less realistic amount of HP for everybody.

Maybe some other reward then what usually gaining a level gives could be something usefull for those crazy leveling loving players (dont like leveling personally). Some visual goodies, special armor acess (that is more visual then anything powerfull meaning, like the ranger armor). Not sure what else, but something uniqe that still doesint make you stronger, it just makes you cooler and you still could feel like you achived something.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded

If you think that it is good idea then Livegiver should be disabled.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

If you remove the levelcap but introduce HP cap it will work

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!

Well, I don't see any problem here. Does it really make a difference for a newbie if he is killed by 200hp or 300hp guy?

When I play as a newbie I just run away if I see any armed guys on the desert and I don't really care what level they are. Think about it this way.
Wait... WHAT?!

Huge difference! When You have guy with 200Hp You can think about some way of retaliation. Gathering some other low level players or trying to make some kind of trap. Even suicidal. You have some possibilities. With 300+ hp guy... You are just focked.

If you think that it is good idea then Livegiver should be disabled.

I guess it was Wichura's idea, to make Lifegiver perk which gives You one time bonus of ~30hp. Brilliant!
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.775 seconds with 27 queries.