"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:23:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Remove level cap with changed exp formula on reaching certain level (21 now)  (Read 7354 times)

I dont think this game already needs lenghtening of mindless grinding which exping now actually is. If there would be tons of quests, dungeons, events, group pve and pvp stuff, exping might actually become fun. Now it is only griding and it should be as short as possible.

Actually I have reason to play my character mostly after lvl 21 when character is "complete" and can fill its purpose as best as posssible.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Wait... WHAT?!

Huge difference! When You have guy with 200Hp You can think about some way of retaliation. Gathering some other low level players or trying to make some kind of trap. Even suicidal. You have some possibilities. With 300+ hp guy... You are just focked.

Nah, not really - it's just the matter of one lucky shot (not that I like it).

Anyway, huge amounts of hp is something that I wouldn't like to see either. Removing levelcap would obviously require quite radical change in character build mechanics, so people would not become overpowered. Many interesting ideas were discussed at polish section some time ago, a little summery of it (and in english) can be found here. General conclusion is that it's a hp gain that makes people overpowered, not the actual level. So, fixing a hp at some level, along with allowing players to get only additional skill points & perks is the way to go. This way characters will become a bit more universal (2 weapon proffessions + sneak on 50th level - is it unrealistic or something?), but still far from being jacks of all trades and still quite mortal.

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!

Nah, not really - it's just the matter of one lucky shot (not that I like it).

Anyway, huge amounts of hp is something that I wouldn't like to see either. Removing levelcap would obviously require quite radical change in character build mechanics, so people would not become overpowered. Many interesting ideas were discussed at polish section some time ago, a little summery of it (and in english) can be found here. General conclusion is that it's a hp gain that makes people overpowered, not the actual level. So, fixing a hp at some level, along with allowing players to get only additional skill points & perks is the way to go. This way characters will become a bit more universal (2 weapon proffessions + sneak on 50th level - is it unrealistic or something?), but still far from being jacks of all trades and still quite mortal.
Yeey, look at creator of thread on polish sub' :>

From what i heard. Dev's are working now on some kind solution. They gone (somehow) balance fighting skills with those not hostile ones. I have no idea how it will work but I'm curious about result. It might work someday ;]
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

Marko69

• SLASH!

I disagree on increased lvl cap because its not needed. Having more hp and skill points makes you bit stronger but you'll die at the same rate as now, its just more grinding and more boring.
I have 2 characters that are 36lvl on russian server, this is very boring, find encounter kill npc loot, find encounter kill npc loot, and over and over and over again. I don't want grind festival fonline.
Anti-pk, protector of the law in wasteland.

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!

I disagree on increased lvl cap because its not needed. Having more hp and skill points makes you bit stronger but you'll die at the same rate as now, its just more grinding and more boring.
I have 2 characters that are 36lvl on russian server, this is very boring, find encounter kill npc loot, find encounter kill npc loot, and over and over and over again. I don't want grind festival fonline.

Playing game is also boring look: Turn on, play, turn off then again turn on, play, turn off and again and again... looks boring yea? I'm just pointing up that Your argument is invalid.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

I support this suggestion as it is a great step towards reducing this alt idiocity that is going around.

EDIT: also, someone posted a very promising suggestion, some time ago, about adding bonuses to crafters ( like more DT and DR for armor crafters or more demage/range for weapons crafters ) sorry for off topic but I think these two suggestion would greatly improve the game
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:20:16 am by Vindict »

I support this suggestion as it is a great step towards reducing this alt idiocity that is going around.

EDIT: also, someone posted a very promising suggestion, some time ago, about adding bonuses to crafters ( like more DT and DR for armor crafters or more demage/range for weapons crafters ) sorry for off topic but I think these two suggestion would greatly improve the game

nah. In this system everyone would have Imba mega ownage hyped 50lvl+ PvP char and still keep 5 8lvl crafters and traders. This wont remove SPECIAL restrictions for crafting, trading, slaving etc....
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

nah. In this system everyone would have Imba mega ownage hyped 50lvl+ PvP char and still keep 5 8lvl crafters and traders. This wont remove SPECIAL restrictions for crafting, trading, slaving etc....

did you read this thread? do you know the amount of exp needed for lvl 50? you can't be serious

maybe you would keep alts for crafting and trading, I wouldn't if i had an option to keep developing characters skills.

it's obvious people will still make alts just because it's easier to get to lvl 5 than 22. but the point is people who don't want to use alts won't have to, and still fully apriciate the game. because right now, if you want a char that can participate in pvp, you also need 2 alts because your fighter can't even wipe it's own ass

Even though you would not be able to reach 50th level in reasonable time, with the initial post's system implemented - maxing out your combat skills would leave you no chice but to spread the rest of skill points onto technical skills, eventually removing the reason to use alts. Also keep in mind that having alts is not a bad thing itself - it's disability to fully enjoy a game without them that is.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

Also keep in mind that having alts is not a bad thing itself - it's disability to fully enjoy a game without them that is.
In my opinion-

Wrong...  You can easily play without alts...  easily...  Alts simply make it easierly easier, because many people are too ...  hmmm, can someone give me a correct term?  something about not trying to enjoy the game properly.  I won't bother going into details on how not to play with alts because people will continue to use alts anyways so why bother.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 21 queries.