"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:29:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Death and dealing with it... need help!  (Read 3584 times)

Death and dealing with it... need help!
« on: July 21, 2010, 05:12:36 am »

How do I retrieve any of my stuff which may have been left behind when I die in an encounter? I've tried getting back to the spot, but just don't have any luck.
Re: Death and dealing with it... need help!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 05:15:07 am »

If you die alone in an encounter, your stuff is gone.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 05:20:35 am »

Ouch, that is harsh. Thanks for the reply.

Anyone have coping strategies? I'm going nuts trying to progress in the game, and yes I've read the newbie guides. Shoveling crap till I get to lvl 12 isn't really going to cut it ;)

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 05:24:28 am »

here's a thingy you might want, it is a ranger-sniper build, you might want to read my combat guide anyways.

S 5
P 10 (or 8 if you want to be able to talk to vendors)
E 4
C 1 (or 3, if you want to trade with vendors)
I 7
A 8
L 6
Tagged Skills:
Small Guns
Unarmed
(Pick your skill, I chose outdoorsman)
Traits:
Small Frame
Good Natured

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5795.0

never got to edit it myslf a bit, have some more useful data to put into it...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 05:32:28 am »

here's a thingy you might want, it is a ranger-sniper build, you might want to read my combat guide anyways.

S 5
P 10 (or 8 if you want to be able to talk to vendors)
E 4
C 1 (or 3, if you want to trade with vendors)
I 7
A 8
L 6
Tagged Skills:
Small Guns
Unarmed
(Pick your skill, I chose outdoorsman)
Traits:
Small Frame
Good Natured

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5795.0

never got to edit it myslf a bit, have some more useful data to put into it...
You do realize the first build should never be a powerbuild unless it has a gang backing it up right?

He shold become a slaver or something, a leader build is definitely the best starting character if you manage to buy a merc or slave a few fools. You almost never die if your careful.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 06:18:43 am »

Yups i vouch for leader also, pure or semi it doesnt matter. 5 mercs or slaves cause a lot of havoc, even 2-3 do a lot of harm.
However in my opinion with 5 mercs/slaves in tb they often get in eachothers way and end up moving a lot instead of shooting, so
chances are 2-3 get to fire more often.

Possible PURE build could be (with SG burst/pistol spam)

Smallguns, FA , Outdoorsman

Fast Shot , Good natured (if you dont want to do drugs) if you like jet you could pick chem reliant.

Reason for 2 LK instead of 1 is because ive heard a lot that just that 1 point decreases chances of worst possible critical misses a lot,
which arent all that uncommon with pure leader.
7AG is minimum for BROF without having to resort in silly small frame (yes i hate it)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Semi-Leader with smallguns also

SG, FA , outdoorsman

Fast Shot , Good natured

Basically this build sacrifices 2 mercs for 2x toughnesses to add into your chances of survival, and 3 mercs with magnetic personality
also dont get in eachothers way so much.

PS* these are just templates to possibly modify with for example small frame instead of good natured to get ability to use rifles, however
both of these builds are capable once getting brof to shoot 4 normal single shots with most pistols and smg's, or alternatively doing 2x bursts + reload.

PSS* i didnt put perks here but i may give possible perk suggestion's in a while.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:21:21 am by Kardia »
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 06:53:39 am »

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Another quick question, how do I make an alt and use it? I cannot seem to change the account name when I log in?
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 07:00:17 am »

Just create new char and give it a new name

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 07:21:53 am »

Remember to remember your old char's name and pass though...  Write it down.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 12:03:31 pm »

trust me michael, I've tested that build I gave the guy extensively, and you for one might want to read my guide, just to check it out, I give there all the necessary info on surviving and levelling with that build as well as some low-level NPC AP limits...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Zarecki

• Overdose = A LOT OF AP's!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 02:24:37 pm »

Dude =D. Build a tent and keep your stuff there! And when you go hunting or such take your stuff with you and that will help =3! All you need is 10BRahmin Hides and all kinds of peaple sell them at FOnline 2238, just write a post at Trade offers forum OR go ingame and ask peaple. theyll sell it =D!
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 06:30:12 pm »

Died twice with ten brahmin hides heading out to set up a tent, not so fun after the effort to get that together. Also, I think the newbie guides need to warn people not to loot in an encounter unless *everything* is dead. Apparently 'friendlies' get pissed off and kill you. Got one message of 'leave that stuff' before the whole patrol turned on me in a vault patrol vs raiders encounter... again not so cool, I didn't make the kill, but I was helping :(

Anyways, I'll keep at it, bound to have some luck.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 09:54:32 pm »

Little addendum, even if you make the kills in an encounter with several factions in it, 'friendlies' still go ape at you looting. Be warned folks ;)

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 09:58:36 pm »

we know, the bastards will go apeshit if you take the loot one of them is planning to take

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 04:11:40 am »

If you are actually a member of the faction in question, do they still get 'upset'?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.