"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:55:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Death and dealing with it... need help!  (Read 3585 times)

Re: Death and dealing with it... need help!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 06:24:25 am »

here's a thingy you might want, it is a ranger-sniper build, you might want to read my combat guide anyways.

S 5
P 10 (or 8 if you want to be able to talk to vendors)
E 4
C 1 (or 3, if you want to trade with vendors)
I 7
A 8
L 6
Tagged Skills:
Small Guns
Unarmed
(Pick your skill, I chose outdoorsman)
Traits:
Small Frame
Good Natured

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5795.0

never got to edit it myslf a bit, have some more useful data to put into it...

I'll add a bit more [but a bit offtopic]. I did try the char with this skills, works bad ;/
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 08:02:19 am »

i suggest you to take awarness and toughnes(es), pathfinder(s) for perks, int~8-9 (to have some extra skillpoints for experimenting), outdoorsman and maybe repair skill or first aid for first character, pick build that you like, it can be not best or ideal at lvlcap but you its easier to grasp game mechanic with {more skills, fast traveling, knowing hp/armour/weaps, bit-harder-to-kill-by-rats} character.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 08:06:09 am »

^ I agree with him.
With awareness you can see enemies healths and you can run, if they have too much hp and bad weapons.
With Toughness you get more protection against bullets/normal attacks. (with x2 you get 4/10% even without armor)

Just put valuable items to tent (if you have).

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 08:38:23 am »

Leader/powerbuild burster hybrid

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.:

Traits:
Good Natured (Or One-Hander)
Fast Shot

tags:
Smallguns
First Aid
Outdoorsman

Perks:
Educated
Awareness
Magnetic Personality
Lifegiver
Lifegiver
BRD
Living Anatomy

Anyways I've been doing pretty well with it, lvl 19 so far.  Its brutal with damage and the mercs n slaves soak up plenty damage to make up for not having any toughness perks, and I don't normally have to worry about getting killed too easily because you'll end up with 200 hp.

P.S. Its good on its own but I made the build to be a nuka cig and jet addict.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:58:56 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 09:30:19 am »

Further addenum to the looting whilst npcs are still around. Even just looking, not taking stuff in a corpse makes em hostile.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. My character so far is 6/7/5/3/6/8/6 with small frame and good natured. Making him a crafter / gatherer and I'll try for a more combat orientated guy once I've sorted him out. Awareness & More crits so far as perks, I'm thinking maybe taking an extra point in perception and that +2 perc one so he rounds out as a sniper.
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 10:18:53 am »

I don't get these posts.

He asked for advice on coping with the loss of his items, and he gets a bunch of character builds?  A few of which are powerbuilds?

Just get a tent, and when you go hunting, only bring a gun, some low-tier armor, and some extra ammo, but not all of it.
You see Sha Enin, the traveling folk singer.
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 04:33:35 pm »

I don't get these posts.

He asked for advice on coping with the loss of his items, and he gets a bunch of character builds?  A few of which are powerbuilds?

Just get a tent, and when you go hunting, only bring a gun, some low-tier armor, and some extra ammo, but not all of it.

I agree.  If you lose your 10 hides, try again.  Make the tent right near NCR, maybe a little south or west.  I hope you can run from rats and scorpions.  Use turn-based instead of realtime, its easier starting out.  And for your first guy, don't make a powerbuild.  Make a crafter.  Small guns or Armorer probably.  The xp isn't huge, but it adds up.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.