"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 06:55:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Trait suggestions (and perks)  (Read 7148 times)

Trait suggestions (and perks)
« on: June 21, 2010, 11:28:39 pm »

I did this a while back, but it unfortunately did not gain the attention I had hoped for (and I also kind of neglected it myself, and probably was hoping for too much with certain ideas)

To me perks and traits should be at the top of the list of things to balance. While there are problems with the differences in weapon power, it is a small enough difference in power that the game can be played relatively evenly between the various types. However what annoys me most is the limited options in which perks/traits to choose from if I want to be of use or actually survive the wasteland

Anyways...

Prenote:
Solar was talking about in the grenades thread the idea of fast shot will no longer working in situations where aimed shots don't make a difference (IE, since with grenades and bursting you do not perform fast shots, then you should not receive the bonus)

While skeptical, I have to agree with that sentiment. Traits should be things that provide both benefits and negative effects, regardless of your build. Not much else to say there, so i'll leave the discussion at that and wait for other's opinions. I'll mainly keep all of my trait suggestions formatted in such a way that they always provide a downside

* denotes the suggested parts, all or only some of which could be used. All numbers given are up to debate at a later time.

Trait Suggestions

Fast Metabolism
Current: Your healing rate is increased, but less resistant to poison and radiation
* Weakness lasts half as long
* Those using FA on you have half cooldown.
* More easily crippled however (increased crits against you? Not sure)

Bruiser
Current: +2 str, -2AP
* +2 or 4HP per level, -1 or 2AP
* Inverse of small frame (-1AG, +carrying capacity)

Kamikaze
Current: -AC given from agility, +5sequence
* +1 or 2AP,
* -DR (can go into negatives)

Heavy Handed
Current: +4 Damage to "melee damage" -30% crit table (uncertain, according to fallout wiki thats what it is)

Fast shot
Current: -1 AP to nearly all forms of attacks, cannot perform aimed shots, ever
* only -1 (or 2?)ap to attacks that can be aimed (as solar suggested). However attacks can hit any body part (unlike current, where it only hits the torso when doing nonaimed shots). Different body parts are more likely to be selected (Torso: 30%, each arm 15%, each leg 10%, head 15%, eyes 5%) Numbers are up for change obviously. This way fast shot is of some use still

Chem Reliant
Current: More likely to be addicted, but addiction lasts half as long
* Chem effects last twice as long,
* chem addiction can become permanent for all chems
* twice the negative debuffs and/or twice duration of addiction

Chem Resistant
Current: Chem effects have half duration, but addiction is reduced by 50%
* Chems have 1/4 of the original duration (So a 1 minute drug becomes 15seconds)
* no chance of addiction (including jet?)

I'm not sure how well balanced these are, but all of the numbers are up for debate, is the idea that matters. I'm trying to keep things simple. I'll make a separate post after this one for perk suggestions.
Re: Trait suggestions (and perks)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:29:40 pm »

Cautious Nature
Current: +3 to PE when determining placement in encounters
Changes
* +3-4 PE to view range when using town preview, (capable of seeing through objects?)
* Should the +3 go beyond the 10PE limit? Probably...
* Possibly lets you see through objects if it is within 25% of your FoV

Faster healing
Current: +2 to Healing Rate, 3 ranks
Changes
* Cooldown for FA reduced by 10% per rank
* Weakness you inflict on others/yourself is shortened by 50% (only 1 rank)

Heave Ho!
Current: +2ST when determing range, 3 ranks, cannot exceed maximum range (achieved at 5ST)
Changes
* Allow it to exceed the 5ST maximum range, as unless you only have 1-2ST then getting multiple ranks is pointless, and even then most people would never have less than 4ST for throwing builds

Healer
Current: +4-10HP when using FA
Changes
* Increase requirements (level 18 perk?), make it extremely useful for more dedicated healer characters
* Rather than getting an FA cooldown, you instead inflict weakness on all of your healed targets. This lets you heal different people quickly (an entire group very quickly in fact) but you cannot continuously heal one target.

Educated
Current: +2skill points per level
Changes
* Simply buff it a little to +3 or +4. Compared to other perks this hardly useful i believe with only +2

Adrenaline Rush
Current: +1ST when below 50%
Changes
* +crit chance while below 50%
* +DR while below 50% (No more than 10%)
* Possibly increasing as the situation gets worse (such as 5% additional whatever while below 50%hp, and then another +5-10% of whatever while below 25%hp for a total of 10-15% of whatever)
* Note: I suggest the 5-15%DR version. With the crit option people could presumably sneak camp with an extra 15% crit chance while at such a low hp. Maybe this isn't as bad as I suspect, but should be considered)

Thats all i have for now. It is important to remember that the suggested ideas aren't necessarily all meant to go together, but simply only 1-2 of the ideas (The adrenaline rush would be very powerful with both the +crit and DR, but the idea is to use only one or the other)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:14:58 am »

All though i cannot comment on all of them for i have never used the following need to be changed as suggested:

Edcuated, Kamikaze, Fast metabolism, Fast shot, Chem Reliant, Chem Resistant.

In my opinion of course.  All those get a +1 from me.

btw kamikaze still needs a little + to sequence.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 05:52:15 pm »

Okay first thing, Chem resistant will be exploitable.
Remember drugs dont stop working in TB, so a person can take a drug enter a caravan encounter and enjoy the effect the whole encounter.

fast shot should remain the same, but only work for single shot mode from a weapon.
(However, I think BG has been nerfed enough already, I think snipers are a bit OP, but thats just my opinion)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:55:54 pm by GroeneAppel »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 08:44:24 pm »

Okay first thing, Chem resistant will be exploitable.
Remember drugs dont stop working in TB, so a person can take a drug enter a caravan encounter and enjoy the effect the whole encounter.

fast shot should remain the same, but only work for single shot mode from a weapon.
(However, I think BG has been nerfed enough already, I think snipers are a bit OP, but thats just my opinion)
WORK ONLY FOR SINGLE SHOT WTF!?!?!?!  :o Then what will be teh friggin point of that damn perk???    :-X
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 08:55:34 pm »

WORK ONLY FOR SINGLE SHOT WTF!?!?!?!  :o Then what will be teh friggin point of that damn perk???    :-X

To increase DPS at the expense of the ability to aim.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 08:56:27 pm »

it's the trait, fast shot, the free perk for bigginers, but i assume you already know that, since you referred to it a a perk, and I assume you know BRoF

Edit, there, fixed, yeez, I'm just a bit tired, three nights in a row without sleep, and a shitload of events I have to partake in during the day, somehow I thought it wcould be a bit fun to cause some digital mayhem, last time I caused some real mayhem was when I was fucking with explosives in the woods, all I can share with you about that is : Timberrrr!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:01:36 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 08:58:26 pm »

it's the trait, fast show, the free perk for bigginers, but i assume you already know that, since you referred to it a a perk, and I assume you know BRoF
What the hell is fast show :P....

To increase DPS at the expense of the ability to aim.
Define what you just said please...

Bursters almost "Neva" use single shot, not even on weak Npcs or players so this will just make the "TRAIT" worthless.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:00:33 pm by Michaelh139 »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 09:01:10 pm »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108771/

Bursters almost "Neva" use single shot, not even on weak Npcs or players so this will just make the "TRAIT" worthless.

Eh?

A single shot weapon could fire without aiming at -1 AP. If a pistol has 4 AP to fire it would go to 3 AP to fire - thereby gaining 33% Damage Per Second.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:04:13 pm by Solar »
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 10:42:09 pm »

BG's already cost 7 ap to fire, fast shot helps reduce that but its set to a lot to begin with because everyone takes that trait.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 11:07:48 pm »

No, they are still fantastic DPS without fast shot. No need for a trait that has nothing to add to a weapon other than a pure + which means any char wanting to use that weapon must take it. If Avengers need to be AP 6 then they can be made that way without using fast shot (they don't)
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 11:09:46 pm »

No, they are still fantastic DPS without fast shot. No need for a trait that has nothing to add to a weapon other than a pure + which means any char wanting to use that weapon must take it. If Avengers need to be AP 6 then they can be made that way without using fast shot (they don't)

Well then only 10 ap + 2x action boys will ever be able to get off more than one shot where ew/sg can do 5-6.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 04:22:43 am »

Heres a REALLY simple and I think very good suggestion for traits:

Get rid of Sex Appeal.  Put in Gifted.
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 05:12:40 am »

Heres a REALLY simple and I think very good suggestion for traits:

Get rid of Sex Appeal.  Put in Gifted.
+1 simple.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 05:57:21 am »

God I wish gifted was in game, but I can understand why it isn't

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.