"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 09:37:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Trait suggestions (and perks)  (Read 7150 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Trait suggestions (and perks)
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 08:06:50 pm »

as is you can do like 5 smg bursts a turn.
on drugs.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 08:21:54 pm »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 09:48:46 pm »

you can do 4 without drugs
:/ really? I can only do 3 bursts with my powerbuild.... Smallguns.  hmm.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 09:53:48 pm »

:/ really? I can only do 3 bursts with my powerbuild.... Smallguns.  hmm.
Waste 2 perks on Action boys, but better eat jet of couse, or... make x2 Action boys AND eat jet.
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 11:14:26 pm »

i think gifted should be added in game if has a little nerf, like +3/4 special points (ST, EN, AG /PE), instead of 7.
For fast shoot, im with removing the -ap for non-single shoots. The random chance to hit body parts maybe can make a gunslinger build viable, and funny.

and for grenadiers can be a perk that reduce the ap cost. So still will be 2ap granadiers.

"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 11:33:40 pm »

i think gifted should be added in game if has a little nerf, like +3/4 special points (ST, EN, AG /PE), instead of 7.
For fast shoot, im with removing the -ap for non-single shoots. The random chance to hit body parts maybe can make a gunslinger build viable, and funny.

and for grenadiers can be a perk that reduce the ap cost. So still will be 2ap granadiers.

2 ap grenades are one of the biggest complaints and there is no random body parts hit from unaimed shots anymore.

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 04:53:27 am »

I intended this thread to be about balancing the existing perks/traits. Why should we go about adding new perks entirely if the current ones are broken as it is?

Roacher mentioned that my suggestions are "terrible" then says too many people posting as an excuse for why he doesn't contribute and simply complains. Time to complain but not contribute? Please don't do that, at least take the fucking time to point out how its imbalanced. .

As far as balance does go, the drug ones are the main culprits i imagine, but all of the suggested trait changes have easy to change numbers (if +4hp is too much then +2 or +3 would be fine probably. The idea is less AP, but more HP). As i stated, The numbers are up for change for balance, its the idea that matters.

Anyways I would argue that having 2-3 traits that are always chosen is far worse than 5-6 being far better than the rest (Fast shot and small frame are FAR better than the rest, and then the only other ones that typically see any use might be finesse and one hander. I wouldn't count skilled since its one of those traits people pick up only for crafter classes)

And can we please stop discussing solely the brof + fast shot changes, i was hoping to consider more than just those two...

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 09:02:15 pm »

actually, a widely used trait is also good natured, since it has no real drawbacks if you are a smallgunner

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2010, 08:19:26 pm »

Its nice, but i've always seen it as the trait you pick up when your other 2 aren't already being taken. Compared to small frame and fast shot in terms of usefulness it doesn't compare. I was mainly trying to point out that although some trait suggestions are powerful (which can be solved with number changing) as it is now 2-3 traits really outshine the rest, and that it is much better to have 5-6 that are far better than the rest, than it is to only have 2-3 that are better. More than anything I just want diversity in builds.
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 11:39:54 am »

I agree with Sloul.

The perks he suggested are good but i think the name for the perk ''Two hander'' needs a new, better name like commando(like in Fallout 3) or Experienced soldier

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 08:12:35 pm »

I agree with Sloul.

The perks he suggested are good but i think the name for the perk ''Two hander'' needs a new, better name like commando(like in Fallout 3) or Experienced soldier
Commandos can use any kind of weapon so saying they only use two handed weapons is illogical...
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2010, 09:10:26 pm »

Commandos can use any kind of weapon so saying they only use two handed weapons is illogical...

Exacly. Commandos should be able to use any kind of weapon but they would wield better 2 handed weapons without having any penalties while using single handed weapons. i think the requirements should be:
100% ( EW,BG or SG)
AG- 7/8
ST-5/6
Level - 8/12
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.