"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 11:03:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Turns => RT, again  (Read 3823 times)

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Turns => RT, again
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 09:51:00 am »

the current RT really doesn't give much room for noobs newly created characters, you gotta have some HP to actually be able to combat in RT at the moment, therefore, turnbased is the way to go because of the instant reacton time normally kills off <50hp characters in low-grade encounters vs. loners, you gotta admit, you don't make friends who you will trust overnight.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
Re: Turns => RT, again
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 09:03:40 pm »

HEY HEY HEY!

I play TB! It's awesome beacuse I get killed a lot less (: I know I'm crap. That's not the point.
The TB/RT switch should be in the UI. This way players at an encounter can set their shite up and it would work like a majority vote! If there's more RT clients than TB, the battle will proceed to be RT.
The only problem I can see is that, at times, this might be unfair to new players, since they could be clusterfucked by better equipped or higher level players without them havin' a single chance to escape. It doesn't seem much different to a TB clusterfuck, but it really is. Anyway PVP still has to be rounded down a lot.

*fart*
Didn't, got killed.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.