"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:30:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Turns => RT, again  (Read 4453 times)

C47

• DeviantArt
Turns => RT, again
« on: June 01, 2010, 02:23:13 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=4853.0

Quote from: Izual
It is already the case. When all the players hit END CMB, the combat ends (and therefore it switches to non-combat, RT running etc).

No, it's not already in game. We can't change to RT when there are critters or NPCs etc. on map.

It's not about time that we will waste when we don't want to fight (and we don't have enough outdoorsman/luck) and being encountered
If we could change combat from turns to real time we will baypass a bug in caves or non-moving enemy (also in caves or in normal encounters).
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
Re: Turns => RT, again
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:40:16 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=4853.0

No, it's not already in game. We can't change to RT when there are critters or NPCs etc. on map.

It's not about time that we will waste when we don't want to fight (and we don't have enough outdoorsman/luck) and being encountered
If we could change combat from turns to real time we will baypass a bug in caves or non-moving enemy (also in caves or in normal encounters).

I fully support this. Previous topic has been locked cause moderator did not understand the point.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 03:04:16 pm »

Yes, it's a pain that you can't switch to RT combat if there are hostile npcs even if all players present agree on it.. Example, you've knocked out an npc in TB, all players hit end combat and the combat ends. But then if you shoot at this knocked out npc it's going to be TB for everyone again.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 04:17:14 pm »

RT is RT,TB is TB,if you wanna play it in RT/TB,exit the game,go to configuration,select your mod in combat tab and play
if you wanna chose in the game to change to TB/RT,increas your outdoors
simple
but,if you hate this bug,i got other ideea:for NPC turn limit shoud be 10 seconds,so the bug will not be that annoyng
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 04:41:10 pm »

Is it just me or theres anyone else that just somehow doesnt get it why people use TB? RT is faster, better, more effective, less buggyer and so on and so on...
I give a fuck.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 04:46:49 pm »

Is it just me or theres anyone else that just somehow doesnt get it why people use TB? RT is faster, better, more effective, less buggyer and so on and so on...
i agree whit this,but sometimes turn-based is more convinient,but better is RT

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 04:50:57 pm »

TB is less stressfull, you have just more time. Your reactions don't count.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 05:05:31 pm »

why people use TB?
I'm too slow for RT.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 05:44:19 pm »

also, NPC's have an advantage in RT. Melee mobs run quickly, They don't panic and have no reaction time. You can't kite properly in RT
And newbies don't stand a chance in RT. Simple.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 05:54:38 pm »

RT is better in most aspects, however TB still has its uses, like killing caravans from max distance:)

Also my playing a sniper and a melee player dropping into my TB encounter, priceless ;D
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 08:19:48 pm »

TB gives a big advantage over hth because they use their ap getting close to you taking hits instead of sprinting up to you and beating you down.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 08:27:10 pm »

In sum both modes are not well balanced.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 11:01:51 pm »

lol TB is pure tactics... you can take out BoS and Enclave guys without taking a hit if your smart enough! Of course in RT it dont work that way.

Man dont you guys play Jagged Alliance? Picture that game in RT ... and btw this isnt fallout tactics where RT was actually really well balanced. I remember only playing in RT for FoT since it wasnt that hard and it was almost the same speed as its TB combat.... blew my mind to see FALLOUT in Real time with FoT... but still TB combat is for pure tacticians if you ever die in RT then chances are you would have survived in TB. All it takes is a little patiences and the time to think. 35 seconds is a shit load of thinking time.  Now maybe if they slowed down RT combat for F2238 things might be different.... maybe slow down reaction times, running speeds, Ap refreshing. Lower Critical Chances, etc etc... Eighter way I don't care I just want to see a feature to change combat from RT to TB and vice versa while in combat without having to quit the game or anything like that.

Just add a vote options or something... F12 (or w.e) makes the switch from RT to TB ... and vice versa. If you have players in the location then they will have to vote on it... but if there are only 2 players and 1 of them wants to switch combat and the other doesnt it simply should not change unless its a 2 to 1 count.
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 05:59:15 am »

I honestly LOVE Real Time combat the way it is.

So what if weak ass npcs have no reaction time?  At least that way they have ONE advantage over you! ;D.

"Har har coming from the guy who went to war against npc criticals..."

Besides the first few seconds are all yours.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 05:33:50 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 02:50:16 am »

the same reason I always died around NCR.

Can't play full time RT in case of marauders and can't play TB because 90% of the time it's scorpions and there's a huge chance of a PKer entering the encounter while you slowly escape. I just love being shot 3 hexes away from the exit grid. FUN!
Quote from: LittleDragon
I play this game purely to kill such people that think they can play the game safely and never get killed. You expect fun from this game? No fun. Gonna find you and kill you, and shit on your dead body. I'm going online to find more noobs :D
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.