"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 07:07:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Trait suggestions (and perks)  (Read 7149 times)

Re: Trait suggestions (and perks)
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 07:24:25 am »

God I wish gifted was in game, but I can understand why it isn't
Because you don't care about all skills % you lost? Because some characters don't need science, repair, gambling, outdoorsman, barter, speech, throwing, SG and BG/SG and/BG and EW, melee, unarmed, sneak, lockpick, steal and traps. So you don't care if you'll lose some % of these skills and you can always increase your IN on some from these 7 spare points to remove SP/level drawback, because you getting only on 5 SP less it's 2.5 IN, so make 9 IN instead of 6, so it's 4 additional SPECIAL points for you, all you need is a weapon skill and doc/fa (or any other variations), anyway I don't think your character will use atleast 1/4 of all skills, that means you lose nothing, yes, you'll punch with less CtH, your speech will suck, oh noes, gambling isn't good too, damn low barter, no throwing (if you're not thrower build), damn you can't lockpick normally and steal things at NCR. Gifted is an excellent and must have "trait" for anyone who don't want to use more than 3-4 skills from all the skill list.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 01:54:00 pm »

Because Gifted is imba and would be a must-have for everyone, which lowers the interest of the game.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 02:04:54 pm »

Gifted will never be readded, don't derail the topic in a pointless direction.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 03:59:23 pm »

I suggest a new trait

expert uninvited guest

you don't count for the number of followers

so my poor cha1 char would  have a tent follower to carry to the glow sometimes

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:01:01 pm by Flick »
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 04:54:55 pm »

I suggest a new trait

expert uninvited guest

you don't count for the number of followers

so my poor cha1 char would  have a tent follower to carry to the glow sometimes

And what would the downside be?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 04:56:47 pm »

And what would the downside be?
You automatically saying "Let's go to the Glow!" when someones enters your party.
And automatically going there and can't change direction until he leaves your party or you kick him yourself.
Also every 5 seconds you'll automatically say "We're going to the Glow!".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:00:23 pm by RavenousRat »
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 05:21:27 pm »

Fast Metabolism
Current: Your healing rate is increased, but less resistant to poison and radiation
* Weakness lasts half as long
* Those using FA on you have half cooldown.
* More easily crippled however (increased crits against you? Not sure)
I think weakening a mate is not a solution, because if the guy is crippled just after you healed him, it'll get harder to doctor him up.
In my opinion it would be better if FA cooldown was "inverted" it means that you dont have FA cooldown by using your skill but by receiving a FA.
That way people will start looking for real medic oriented chars, because they do not want to have 7min FA cooldown instead of 1 min.
The bad point is probably that bad guyz will start FA you before attacking just so that you cant FA yourself after or during the next fight.
Maybe an option would be to pop-up a window asking te player if he agrees receiving first aid from someone.

Bruiser
Current: +2 str, -2AP
* +2 or 4HP per level, -1 or 2AP
* Inverse of small frame (-1AG, +carrying capacity)
+1 for the first *  (4hp).
So that people can start making "tankers".

Kamikaze
Current: -AC given from agility, +5sequence
* +1 or 2AP,
* -DR (can go into negatives)
I dont like per-turn feature on Fonline. Because it makes some perks total useless during realtime fights. It kinda divides the game.
I would be happy if per-turn was just eradicated from Fonline and the devs start making all perks focus on realtime fight.
So I cant agreed with "+5 sequence" since it is per turn oriented.
As you suggested, maybe a way to improve that trait would be it to add AP (+2 is fine).

Heave Ho!
Current: +2ST when determing range, 3 ranks, cannot exceed maximum range (achieved at 5ST)
Changes
* Allow it to exceed the 5ST maximum range, as unless you only have 1-2ST then getting multiple ranks is pointless, and even then most people would never have less than 4ST for throwing builds
Agreed. Make it usefull.

Adrenaline Rush
Current: +1ST when below 50%
Changes
* +crit chance while below 50%
* +DR while below 50% (No more than 10%)
* Possibly increasing as the situation gets worse (such as 5% additional whatever while below 50%hp, and then another +5-10% of whatever while below 25%hp for a total of 10-15% of whatever)
* Note: I suggest the 5-15%DR version. With the crit option people could presumably sneak camp with an extra 15% crit chance while at such a low hp. Maybe this isn't as bad as I suspect, but should be considered)
If you ask me, critics are for snipers. And snipers dont have HP. They fire someone before they are spotted, cause when they are, they dont need more than a shot to get down. In the case it didnt take a shot to down one sniper, I think the guy doesnt want "critics" but DR or AC.
+ Snipers already have a really decent critics %.
With that said im trying to find out for who "your" perk could possibly suit... And I dont find anyone...
It coudl be nice if it brings new perspectives, people will start making new kind of chars, but I dont think its the case.

My contributions:

- Chirurgist (new perk):
- Description: while using the good tools you sure dont fail at patching up a a thing or two.
- Conditions:  
> lvl 18
> 8 int
>160% First aid
>160% in doctor
- Effects: never fail at healing a crippled members. You need a medikit on you to make use of that perk.
// In the same time, to make a medic char oriented reallyvaluable it could be interesting to improve doctor and FA cooldown while nerving those two a lil bit as well). //

Looter
> 8 STR
> 90% outdoorsman
> lvl 15
- Description: you're angry for carrying up things on your back, you can't stand all those benefits sitting on the ground.
- Effects: you lower the cooldown by twice while prospecting (mining, looting fruits, woods etc).

Two hander
> 7 agi
> 5 str
(maybe) >one-handed affinity trait
- Description: one handed weapons have no secret for you, you can handle one in each hand.
(maybe) but you cannot aiming.

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 05:47:29 pm »

These are terrible suggestions, yes traits should be reworked but by someone who understands how they are balanced.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 05:51:36 pm »

These are terrible suggestions, yes traits should be reworked but by someone who understands how they are balanced.

Then share your wisdom of perfect balance instead of just bitch around how terrible thing XY  is.  ::)
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 06:06:29 pm »

Then share your wisdom of perfect balance instead of just bitch around how terrible thing XY  is.  ::)

I will when I have time, way too many people posting way too much atm for me to respond to everything.

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 07:01:57 pm »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108771/

Eh?

A single shot weapon could fire without aiming at -1 AP. If a pistol has 4 AP to fire it would go to 3 AP to fire - thereby gaining 33% Damage Per Second.

exactly, add brof to that, and give that person a 14mm pistol and you've got a real killer.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 07:23:07 pm »

great for beating the shit out of psycho tough guys in BA

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 07:34:55 pm »

Do i understand correctly that you mean, Fast Shot should not affect bursting? What about all those poor SMG players? That would kill a whole SMG "class" i believe.

I think the BROF covers the sniper support there. I mean, you need around 3 bursts (at medium distance) from a SMG when a sniper needs one or two (not counting the ability to cripple chance). The AP costs are quite alike there, not?

It is true however, that it is only a + trait for big gunners, however, if the big gunners are overpowered you think maybe better to make big gun burst more costly instead. Having in mind though how much ammo a big gun burst takes, then it makes up for 1 sniper bullet i think.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:40:58 pm by kttdestroyer »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 07:54:42 pm »

I don't think that would be the case. SMG's would be still pretty decent.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 08:03:18 pm »

I don't think that would be the case. SMG's would be still pretty decent.

as is you can do like 5 smg bursts a turn.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.