"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 04:20:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Remove gatling from enclave  (Read 4231 times)

Re: Remove gatling from enclave
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 07:50:03 am »

Everyone shouldn't be able to do everything, get everything by themselves, that's why we have an alt problem and players crave for some One Alt Crusade where their skills would actually come into to play and the character they would make, make a difference, but currently everyone can make alts for every single purpose and do it in their own way. See how good that turns out? The game truly is a wasteland, deserted and player interaction is secondary, there's zero necessity to interact for most of the part, everything can be done by alts.

The real problem is that there aren't paths for different RPG classes to become strong in their own ways. There could be equipment kits that would be sniper, medic, and thief specific; gear that would allow other build types to have a chance instead of just being asphalt for the Big Gunner steamroller.
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 03:06:55 pm »

You could also turn it into a collectors item like it used to be  ;D
Remember ? 10-40 damage, good times ! And buff every other weapon then avenger while you're at it. Might make this mess more enjoyable.

But its funny that avv is suddenly against gatling lasers, I guess he became bored with his sneaker. Mb he switched to an avenger sneaker and realised that it's bad compared to his colleges anti-sneakers ;(
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.

avv

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 03:36:50 pm »

Your whole thought process is wrong at the very core, players should be able to get the best and good equipment only if they work together and those who play alone will not have access to certain content the game provides, playing together is a better reward. It is like a universal principle which has been working very fine in a lot of popular games for a lot years and still persists in those who are coming out and will come.

I simply disagree. If only strongest get best gear, they remain strong and weak remain weak. Working as a team is always powerful because you simply have your buddies watching your back and you can share roles and whatever. It doesn't need any additional benefits.
It's okay that teamwork helps you to get gear faster, but if it's the only way to get so some sort of übergear that lolzpwns everything it's very bad. You got your excellent team, what do you need unique stuff for?

it's such a good concept when there is a resource struggle for something, anything and in this case it's weaponry, it is what drives players

I used to think like this but realized it's nonsense. Only thing that drives players is hope and chance to succeed. If there were mats that everyone wanted in some location but it was turbofarmed by faction that let nobody in, players would simply stop caring or enter it only when this faction wasn't there.

When hq minerals were released, they were very wanted stuff. But players who didn't have the means to defeat the pks camping the mine simply came in with bluesuit and primitive tool and during night time.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:41:27 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 07:01:48 pm »

Dont know which abuse you using but we getting them by regular fight.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 07:44:34 pm »

Its balanced, if you're getting killed by them then its about time you stop raging and switch to using ma mkII.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »

I simply disagree. If only strongest get best gear, they remain strong and weak remain weak. Working as a team is always powerful because you simply have your buddies watching your back and you can share roles and whatever. It doesn't need any additional benefits.
It's okay that teamwork helps you to get gear faster, but if it's the only way to get so some sort of übergear that lolzpwns everything it's very bad. You got your excellent team, what do you need unique stuff for?
When all stuff can be obtained by one player, then I would say the difficulty bar is set very low.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 09:59:37 pm »

Exactly, avv forgets the game has to challenge the player to some extent, there's no better way than team-work and the necessity to work together as that is purely interaction, when you make a game where everyone can be self sufficient and do everything by yourself, well you get a game like now, loch ness monster is out there and it is real, but nobody has ever seen it and by loch ness monster I mean those players who you never see in the game and if such direction like avv's is taken the game will always be literally a deserted wasteland, because players will not have reason why to interact.

I used to think like this but realized it's nonsense. Only thing that drives players is hope and chance to succeed. If there were mats that everyone wanted in some location but it was turbofarmed by faction that let nobody in, players would simply stop caring or enter it only when this faction wasn't there.

If there were mats for players to have equal chance to compete for, there is always chance to succeed and if nobody challenges or isn't capable to challenge the faction your talking about, then that's purely the players fault not game design.

You don't get it? Player interaction is why team-work is needed for and benefits to encourage it.

Encouragement, the reason players in World of Warcraft gather 40 players to go to raids is the unique reward, because it requires team-work, player interaction and the whole process is fun. Same principle can applied to any dungeon in 2238, at least should be, sure those resources can be dominated, but that's only more motivation for someone to move in and take control of it back, to fight for it. If someone lays down hands and say, "oh no they have a little bit better weapon and they organized we won't fight them", then how the fuck and why the fuck should the game baby sit these players, they don't want to compete and they won't compete unless decide otherwise and game features don't dictate whether they can or not if those feats are simply somewhat balanced, it's up to the player mainly.

Gatling is not so almighty powerful, if it will get dominated by certain group of players, then that's nothing you won't be able to handle by wearing metal armor, even better take advantage of the situation and wear Tesla on psycho tanks (shat, some BBS has done that more than once in Reno, hurts a lot).

So your weakling concept of scrub players is complete bullshit.

The real problem is that there aren't paths for different RPG classes to become strong in their own ways.

Very true, that means there is a lot to work for developers, but hey we know they have stopped balancing weaponry or armor, perks etc. etc.

Everything we talk about ends at this.

To what end? This game doesn't try to be a tactical shooter.

The future of 2238.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:32:33 pm by T-888 »

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 01:04:26 am »

Not if u know how. I like Gatling-Ma2/tesla and av/ca2 balance. I would say I miss new weapons

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 03:03:06 am »

Its balanced, if you're getting killed by them then its about time you stop raging and switch to using ma mkII.
even ca is hard pressed to protect against a minigun. But its too easy to abuse......
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 08:50:01 pm »

If enclave had 400 HP and not so many OP crit/res they would still remain a chalenge while being a possible challenge for M60/Gatling tanks.

A player who had Enclave/BoS NPC stats would never die in-game, even a player with NCR Army stats would have advantage.  ::)

Just removing a problematic weapon shouldn't be done, isn't there a more elegant option?

Making Enclave a farmable option via legit farming methods, which won't happen anytime soon.

avv

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2013, 11:23:36 am »

But triple888  atm the game encourages good teamwork extremely much already so it's not in bad state when it comes to that. Besides, players who prefer to work in team will do it no matter how much individual person can do alone.

I mean those players who you never see in the game and if such direction like avv's is taken the game will always be literally a deserted wasteland, because players will not have reason why to interact.

But that's not even true. Players won't go anywhere if they don't have what it takes to defend themselves. I go to places alone just fine because I have the stuff. If I didn't have then for sure I wouldn't show my face. Players interact when they got stuff.
Just think what it would be like if you had to do pvp to get superstims. Superstims are needed in pvp and now you'd need to have them before you go get them. When you start, you don't have ANY. How are you going to get superstims if you first need to defeat other players who already have superstims? Only effective and fast way I can think of is sneaking in when those guys aren't there.

If there were mats for players to have equal chance to compete for, there is always chance to succeed and if nobody challenges or isn't capable to challenge the faction your talking about, then that's purely the players fault not game design.

You seem to think that random individual players can just stick together and start working in organized way. Keep mind they might be members of individual groups who hate each other, they might talk different languages or just want to keep to themselves. Many players don't even want to use offgame programs such as teamspeak, let alone speak english fluently even though they write it well.

"oh no they have a little bit better weapon and they organized we won't fight them", then how the fuck and why the fuck should the game baby sit these players, they don't want to compete and they won't compete unless decide otherwise and game features don't dictate whether they can or not if those feats are simply somewhat balanced, it's up to the player mainly.

I happen to know how these things escalate. The side that has more troops in its pool just gathers more and more people if they get informed there are free targets somewhere. For example my alliance would definitely camp some location all day straight if non-stop fights were promised there and we can gather like 20 people.
This kind of fighting over resources works only if teams who enter are equal in size, but they aren't and there's nothing to limit it.

Gatling is not so almighty powerful, if it will get dominated by certain group of players, then that's nothing you won't be able to handle by wearing metal armor, even better take advantage of the situation and wear Tesla on psycho tanks (shat, some BBS has done that more than once in Reno, hurts a lot).

I don't think it's very good balance that your entire character can be countered by switching an armor.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 30 queries.