"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 05:23:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Remove gatling from enclave  (Read 4232 times)

avv

Remove gatling from enclave
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:04:38 pm »

It's too strong and ways to farm are best done via abuse. The game would be much better off without the weapon because it has high range, accuracy and damage, meaning it pretty much outclasses other weapons such as lsw and makes avengers quite pointless in tc.
Best sneak is gatling sneak and if you aren't one, you can gtfo sneak fights.

Removing gatling would mean that one type of build would disappear but other builds would have more operational slots to fill.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Re: Remove gatling from enclave
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 01:12:57 pm »

Remove the Avenger too while you're at it.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 01:13:40 pm »

Wouldn't be better if Devs script that:
1) NPC's hold their ammo in 2nd slot (no possiility to steal)
2) after they run out of ammo, they move the weapon to that slot (which is free again now)
And make Enclave possible to defeat in fair fight against a big group of fully geared, max lvl battle chars.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 01:32:34 pm »

Wouldn't be better if Devs script that:
1) NPC's hold their ammo in 2nd slot (no possiility to steal)
2) after they run out of ammo, they move the weapon to that slot (which is free again now)
And make Enclave possible to defeat in fair fight against a big group of fully geared, max lvl battle chars.
Then we got, NPC patrol which noone will fight, and skill steal - another troll skill used to steal wood and brahmin shit from players in NCR, thats a great suggestion.

I can agree that Gatling is too powerfull, while we got weapons like LSW which have no perk, and aren't used widely in PVP because they're... shitty, only thing you can do with them is killing 150 hp bluesuits.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:40:43 pm by Tomowolf »
h
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »

By making them able to be beaten by big group of players I meant that players would have a chance and it'd be efficient to fight them.

Tomowolf

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 01:45:26 pm »

By making them able to be beaten by big group of players I meant that players would have a chance and it'd be efficient to fight them.
Not better just remove those mega crits and reduce hp to 300, like normal NPCs? They're not deathclaws.
h

avv

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 01:52:06 pm »

The problem is partially because everyone can't have them due to enclave being too hard. But on the other hand, gatling is just so extreme weapon that its just bad for gameplay in general. It doesn't bring more variety to the game but instead it reduces it by overtaking roles of other builds.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 02:00:54 pm »

Just removing a problematic weapon shouldn't be done, isn't there a more elegant option?

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 02:50:23 pm »

This won't solve anything, better just buff lsw and other weapons for more diversity. Removing gatling will just make everybody use avengers.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 03:21:26 pm »

Just removing a problematic weapon shouldn't be done, isn't there a more elegant option?
This won't solve anything, better just buff lsw and other weapons for more diversity. Removing gatling will just make everybody use avengers.

I agree with Cyberjesus.
PS: Take metal or tesla then gatling sucks , ave have good dmg against all armors . Why this game should be only about ave? I dont understand why burst guns have 20+ range , its unreal :D just make all burst weapons with less range , problem solved. Yes, its easy remove all problematic things in game ,then remove the whole game because its problematic  ;D.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 03:24:50 pm »

Yes there is, moving Gatling to non-exploitable solution, like obtaining them only from dungeons, ares, glow in low amounts.

No matter how you make these encounters it boils down to whom can abuse them better, so you can't truly make the weapon rare via encounters, it just doesn't work in practice.

Tomowolf

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 03:28:04 pm »

I just don't like when minigun weapons got more range than LMG's which should be MORE accurate, or at least deal bigger damage, while now LMG's cannot compete in any way with Avenger, because it is just better with its perk and damage.
Buffing LSW with ANY weapon perk would be cool, and adding two range, or decreasing range of all miniguns by 5, would solve that, (yes even for gatling minigun).
h

Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 03:40:20 pm »

Jeje i agree to all top weapons in all category sg bg ew ... Shuld be same deadly. Removing dont solv problem. If in gamę dont be gatings avengers or ripers gamę be poor & not interesing. All fights be look like pvp two completly drunked ghuls or plece of removed weapon take anoter gear & then someone say remove miniguns.

avv

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 04:11:10 pm »

I suggested removing because it's easiest way for devs. We did fine in last session without gatling and now we got m60 tanks to challenge avengers. They just aren't very good now because gatling can have the same features with better range and accuracy.

Gatling could have a nerf, but still it stands that metal and tesla hard counters it and energy weapons don't have any way to bypass this. The fact that you can hard-counter someone's entire build with an armor is very bad.

Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 04:38:55 pm »

Yup way is easy and fast but is wrong way. T-888 have better way out. But that shuld be rare loot from dungean but to not so rare. Cane u imaginate that two gangs fight in ares in the midlle of muties swarm. And why? Becoz there cane be a brand new gatling. Sweet.
I love a fire power of this gun and dont wanna play in this day when i be shure there no more GL
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 27 queries.