"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 17, 2024, 05:36:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Remove gatling from enclave  (Read 4233 times)

avv

Re: Remove gatling from enclave
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 04:57:33 pm »

Ares is hardly any better than enclave. Highly abused place where only strongest have access.

Besides guys, you may want to get rid of this "only strong players deserve strong weapons" because it means strong remain strong and majority of players won't even bother to participate in pvp because they don't have a chance.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 05:09:10 pm »

This is first session gataling is usable weapon, all previous sessions it was just fancy weapon never used in pvp fights, I get killed many times this session with gataling, but only when I wore combat armor, now I more often wear metal mk2, and I dont remember when I was recently killed by gataling, its not so easy weapon got get, and its balanced, I like the way things are right now, no change needed
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 06:26:38 pm »

Ares is hardly any better than enclave. Highly abused place where only strongest have access.

Players should work together to achieve goals, play together, the whole purpose of MMO's. When some people will understand that, maybe there will be something to do in game.

If you want a game where factions don't have any advantage, 2238 might as well be single player then.

Ares, glow is perfect solution, because you can't bypass the amount it spawns and there is fixed time limit and everything what encounters lack.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:29:41 pm by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 09:07:52 pm »

No matter how you make these encounters it boils down to whom can abuse

why the hell is a perfectly legit game feature being called abuse?
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 09:25:47 pm »

i agree,
dual log is abuse but anything else is just a part of game.
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 10:18:37 pm »

You can indeed exploit the weak AI of Enclave.

dual log is abuse but anything else is just a part of game.

Gee, what you do think players who want to mass farm Enclave does?

Dual log is part of the game, eh? Deputy kid, what do you think? ;D
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 11:03:22 pm »

You can indeed exploit the weak AI of Enclave.

Gee, what you do think players who want to mass farm Enclave does?

I dont care what they do, I do not so why i have to suffer because of their deeds ?
If you want to solve the problem by "social responsibility" then remove it from game completely.
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 11:58:35 pm »

I dont care what they do, I do not so why i have to suffer because of their deeds ?

Maybe because your not the only one playing the game and if you think you suffer because of game balancing changes, then I don't care? ;D

If you want to solve the problem by "social responsibility" then remove it from game completely.

I forgot how people are on 2238, lost, completely lost.
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 12:02:02 am »

just remove things because someone is whining lol , this forum madness never stops ... like T888 said if they nerf things people will use the secon best things and if better things in game people will always find a way to gain it ...

u can even farm enclave with just one friend , look for encounter with just 2 enclave patrols go there with tank and kill them , its not hard ...

if they do crits ok , then lvl some more alts with anticrit perks lol , there will always be a way ... or just took vertibird by refueling and then receive a cookie for it lol ...

how about press alt + F4 and shut down your computer  ...

avv

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 12:19:33 am »

Ares, glow is perfect solution, because you can't bypass the amount it spawns and there is fixed time limit and everything what encounters lack.

But this is extremely bad. If the spawns are fixed, it means that fraction of people take all and everyone else gets nothing. Like motion sensors in glow atm, some guy or guys take every single one of them and the entire wasteland gets nothing.
You can't change how human nature but you can change the game. Some players just don't want to farm all day to get gear, some don't want to keep so close contact to their team and prefer to do things on their own time. It's rpg-based mmo so everyone should find his own ways to do things, not so that everyone is forced to do it one way. Those who prefer to do teamwork will still do it, but how is it away from them if some individuals can do stuff alone?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 02:21:53 am »

But this is extremely bad. If the spawns are fixed, it means that fraction of people take all and everyone else gets nothing.

True, but that's a minor fix and it can be randomized if someone from higher ranks is of course interested.

Like motion sensors in glow atm, some guy or guys take every single one of them and the entire wasteland gets nothing.

That's power, anyway I never said Gatling should be moved only to one source, there are few dungeons and of course it still exists in a special encounter and if some sort of resource control happens it is only normal. The rest of wasteland shouldn't be able to get everything, it's such a good concept when there is a resource struggle for something, anything and in this case it's weaponry, it is what drives players, gives the sense of feeling that there is something more to play for, to reach for something. The game is completely lost in that regard, you farm, grind some amount of stuff and then you can practically stop playing, because you have everything and there is no end-game goal.

You can't change how human nature but you can change the game.

Why change it? Embrace it.

Some players just don't want to farm all day to get gear, some don't want to keep so close contact to their team and prefer to do things on their own time.

Again I hear this bullshit for grinding all day long to get gear, what is this nonsense? Do you grind gear all day? Sorry, but that is how you choose to play. In comparison to 2238, whenever someone goes to a raid in World of Warcraft which is hours of game time and organization to play together I don't remember anyone complaining about it, if some players don't have time to play the game, then maybe they shouldn't play it? Don't you think? Yet World of Warcraft is one of the most popular, if not the most popular game in the world, because it successfully concentrates on player interaction and some level of necessity to interact. It doesn't compromise on some few scrubs on the forum who are whining that they don't want to work together, don't want to play together and it should be made how it suits them better. No, but this is exactly what is happening here.

Your whole thought process is wrong at the very core, players should be able to get the best and good equipment only if they work together and those who play alone will not have access to certain content the game provides, playing together is a better reward. It is like a universal principle which has been working very fine in a lot of popular games for a lot years and still persists in those who are coming out and will come.

It's rpg-based mmo so everyone should find his own ways to do things, not so that everyone is forced to do it one way. Those who prefer to do teamwork will still do it, but how is it away from them if some individuals can do stuff alone?

Everyone shouldn't be able to do everything, get everything by themselves, that's why we have an alt problem and players crave for some One Alt Crusade where their skills would actually come into to play and the character they would make, make a difference, but currently everyone can make alts for every single purpose and do it in their own way. See how good that turns out? The game truly is a wasteland, deserted and player interaction is secondary, there's zero necessity to interact for most of the part, everything can be done by alts.

But, necessity for teamwork not always can be replaced by alts and those features who are made that way are pure gold what this game lacks.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 02:47:17 am »

Question is, if you want to have tiered weapons (f.e. Tier1-flamer, Tier2-lsw, Tier3-avenger) or have all weapons equal, weapon balance cant work with both approaches.

Ares, Glow problem could be fixed only with dozen of similar places, where everyone would have chance to grab something. I understand its not doable, but PvE instance like Gunrunners Mutants could do, repeatable with random loot.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

jacky.

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 03:30:45 am »

nah gatling and avenger is fine like it is. ma mk2/av and ca2/gatling :)

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 06:27:50 am »

I am not a fan of the minigun; Wasn't before and still ain't. I caught hell at the old Interplay boards for this.

But it is an apropriate weap to the game. It should stay, but be far more restricted.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 07:40:57 am »

There could be weaker enclave patrols (like how initiates are for BoS) that drop Laser Gatling a very low percentage of the time. Figure how much time and cost it takes thieves to acquire LG currently, then double those requirements but as a counterbalance make LG available to farmers at an equivalent time and effort cost.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 30 queries.