"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 09:18:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Read first sentence, then maybe only part of topic, then vote.

Yes, this is the right step forward.
- 27 (45%)
No, it is not good enough or not needed.
- 7 (11.7%)
I have my own solution.
- 6 (10%)
I saw a pie in the sky!
- 20 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Idling system.  (Read 17294 times)

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
Re: Idling system.
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 10:43:41 am »

STOP ALTING YOU DUMBASSES.

Everything is so simple, but you're just butthurt that your swarm PvP tactics have been BRUTALIZED. Well good, fuck you guys having limitless alts for pvp swarm waves, that shit is completely unfair.
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 10:50:53 am »

Seriously 2 timers?  You mean the idle timer that shows up in your pip-boy right after log in (whether for the first time, or logging a new character) that starts at 150 seconds?  The very same idle timer that if you should enter a combat zone that is currently active gives you the Idler debuff, until you have been in either an unsafe town or on the world map for it's remaining duration?

Idlers
  • Anyone who enters a Combat Zone while having Idling Timer, becomes an Idler.
  • Anyone who logs in inside a Combat Zone (if the character wasn't in game already), becomes an Idler.
  • Idlers have 5% chance to hit other critters, can't sneak, steal and have 0 Armor Class. The same penalties apply to NPC followers.
  • You stop being an Idler when your Idling Timer runs out or you leave the location.

Idling Timer
  • Characters get 150 seconds of Idling Timer after logging in (if the character wasn't in game already or its IP changed).
  • Idling Timer decreases on the World Map and in unguarded locations.
  • Idling Timer is paused inside real time encounters and inside turn based encounters with opened combat.
  • Idling Timer increases up to 150 seconds inside tents, bases, quest locations, guarded towns and turn based encounters with closed combat.
  • Idling Timer also increases up to 150 seconds when character is offline (but still in game).
  • If you don't spend any Action Points during your turn in turn based combat, Idling Timer increases by the amount of seconds of your turn.
  • After entering tent or base you get 20 seconds of immunity from Idling Timer increase.
  • After death you get 5 minute of immunity from Idling Timer increase.

Idler Warning

If you have the Idling Timer and you are within a distance of 2 squares from a Combat Zone location, this location will be displayed as a crossed orange circle. Anyone else (people who wouldn't become Idlers when entering this location) will see normal green circles. There is no warning before logging in inside Combat Zone.

Idlers have a visible tab informing them about their status.

Remember, having the Idling Timer doesn't mean you have any penalties, unless you willingly enter a Combat Zone (or login inside it, but you can be aware of this risk and not log off in dangerous places). If a location became a Combat Zone while you were inside already, it has no effect on you, even if you have the Idling Timer.

That's all part of the same system right there.  As it has been laid out the ONLY time the Idler debuff can effect you at all is when you enter a combat zone that is active, it's not like it prevents you from pvp elsewhere. (I relogged 2 characters over and over and was able to have them kill each other in several world encounters instantly every time..) The counter argument to your suggestion is simply that the feature does not interfere with the game play in a such a way that it out weighs it's usefulness.

Oh and just because I spoke about the resource issue for new and old players alike doesn't mean that's all I work on in game.  But the fact that you choose to ignore what you don't like speaks volumes about anyone's chances of having a reasonable discussion with you.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:38:55 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Rage master

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 11:08:42 am »

jov maby 150s is to much and maby 120s would be better? 150s is 3 random encouters on wm
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 11:12:53 am »

jov maby 150s is to much and maby 120s would be better? 150s is 3 random encouters on wm

Not a bad thought, at least go with a whole minute number, every time I read the changelog I keep thinking 3 minutes lol.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 11:17:07 am »

This thread isnt that usless, if purpose is to entertain  me :P

I think timer works almost perfecty atm. Maby still some bugs occurs but will be fixed soon. For another general change we need at least few weeks(month/s) to test it.
Any big words are usless until many players will suffer due to any present feature.

Lets gather newcomers to join our PVP teams! Thats the challenge, challenge to ressurect 2238!
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 04:51:43 pm »

The counter argument to your suggestion is simply that the feature does not interfere with the game play in a such a way that it out weighs it's usefulness.

First understand how "useful" it is and information is just a paragraph below.

Seriously 2 timers?  You mean the idle timer that shows up in your pip-boy right after log in (whether for the first time, or logging a new character) that starts at 150 seconds?  The very same idle timer that if you should enter a combat zone that is currently active gives you the Idler debuff, until you have been in either an unsafe town or on the world map for it's remaining duration?

I will talk slow.

If two clients are active with two characters, one each inside of the client ( Imagine a box ... just a joke ;D ), and on one of your client gets a disconnect or simply logs off and momentarily logs back in, you will receive idling timer because your IP address is already active and it could made so you would receive this idling debuff when your IP address was active in the past 3 minutes also. That would be equivalent to a mechanic that would disallow you to use multiple alts in combat, some tweaks here and there and the very first idling timer upon entering the game without any re-logging is not needed.

Rest of your post I have already answered somewhere in this topic and it would be now copying walls of texts, I have written a wall of text just about for any subject relating to this matter. ;D

But the fact that you choose to ignore what you don't like speaks volumes about anyone's chances of having a reasonable discussion with you.

If you read the rest of the walls of texts, you wouldn't have to ask questions that have been answered, I dunno how many times now, so sorry I'm not eager to continue with the likes of you.

Go back to digging ores or whatever you can still do in this game. :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:16:07 pm by T-888 »

Rage master

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 05:42:18 pm »

T-888 Please take ur pills. This is much better Than fr shit, now i dont Have worry about 6more waves So it is fine for me. But it need polishing like all features. 150s is to much and 90s would be fine. Same sneak off is crap.
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 04:18:13 am »

If two clients are active with two characters, one each inside of the client ( Imagine a box ... just a joke ;D ), and on one of your client gets a disconnect or simply logs off and momentarily logs back in, you will receive idling timer because your IP address is already active and it could made so you would receive this idling debuff when your IP address was active in the past 3 minutes also. That would be equivalent to a mechanic that would disallow you to use multiple alts in combat, some tweaks here and there and the very first idling timer upon entering the game without any re-logging is not needed.

So the problem here is you don't like the initial Idle timer.   You say it's not needed
first idling timer upon entering the game without any re-logging is not needed.
However it's purpose is to prevent people who are fresh logging in the first time of the day from being able to instantly jump into Combat Zone pvp.  Because some unscrupulous people will just leave whatever combat alt they want waiting til the time is right to log in and since it's the first time they logged in they would be free to bypass the wait.  You need one for the other, because there are ways to fool the system into thinking this is the first time that character has logged in, and is not just a relog.  I love how you talk about 'talking slow' to people when it's clear you're not seeing the point, not being able to jump straight into combat from a fresh logged character is what the timer is for.  Taking that away would essentially make the whole thing worthless.  It does not matter if you relogged 30 characters or just logged in for the first time, you cannot go straight into Combat Zone pvp.

I will talk slow.....

Go back to digging ores or whatever you can still do in this game. :)

Well there's the proof of my point in the last part of my recent post about being able to have a reasonable discussion with you.  Maybe someday try discussing things with people without constantly resorting to insults and demeaning comments just because you think you're smarter or better than everyone.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:13:57 am by Trokanis »

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 07:39:33 am »

Trokanis ur wasting ur time and ur mind essence with him.he cant understand shit of what u r talking about.
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 09:14:23 am »

So the problem here is you don't like the initial Idle timer.

... yeah

You say it's not needed However it's purpose is to prevent people who are fresh logging in the first time of the day from being able to instantly jump into Combat Zone pvp. Because some unscrupulous people will just leave whatever combat alt they want waiting til the time is right to log in and since it's the first time they logged in they would be free to bypass the wait.

You couldn't do that with current system, if you have already an active/inactive character inside the game, it gives you idling timer so players cannot do that either way of my suggestion. Cannot FR.

You need one for the other, because there are ways to fool the system into thinking this is the first time that character has logged in, and is not just a relog.

The player can do it right now and it is not very different than previous session other than the cheater has to be prepared prior fight and wait out this idling timer just like a normal player would with multiple clients, but once it is done he can prepare second, third character for fight. Some inconvenience's on world map is not going to stop if the player really wants to cheat.

It is like last session, but now worse with all the waiting involved (simple 3CD timer would have been much, much better than current), the only safe and reliable way how to do waves was through proxies, but they practically never happened, because proxies are not usable for that I already explained that (I wasn't aware of it for a whole year of playing it, makes sense also) and everyone enjoyed a fair and good game without any bullshit extra time waiting on world map till someone can use his character properly, despite other game feature problems at the time, militia and mutant spamming with proxy alts what was very bad, but now it is not possible anymore anyway.

There's like so few cheaters in comparison to everyone else who has to wait out idling timer on entering game, to just make it a bit more uncomfortable to cheat, but still doable, it doesn't serve any reasonable purpose.

No, idling timer upon entering game is not necessary, except for purpose of FR.
Trokanis ur wasting ur time and ur mind essence with him.he cant understand shit of what u r talking about.

Like you could, your like Perteks, brain dead player who can't write more of a sentence and if you do then it some utter incomprehensible garbage that doesn't express any rational thinking.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:28:47 am by T-888 »
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 09:34:35 am »

Maybe, if you proxy through Latvia it's not usable. Otherwise I see no reason.
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 10:03:51 am »

So you want to be able to log in and go straight into Combat Zone pvp?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:09:26 am by Trokanis »

JovankaB

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 10:20:44 am »

I see no reason to leave loopholes for cheaters because a couple people want to have ability
to jump at others anytime they want with combat character(s) logged off in a convenient place.
I think the game is better when you can't do it anyway. The only immediate risk can come from
people actually playing in the moment and risking something, not from a swarm safely waiting on
mumble for any call for help. This is ability that organizations with lots of combat alts and people
online (but not in game) had, and now they don't, well boo-hoo. Welcome in harsh wasteland.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:31:42 am by JovankaB »

Rage master

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:28 am »

Jov but why idllng timer increase in bases and safe cities? It is bullshit and i dont get it.

JovankaB

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2013, 10:46:25 am »

Jov but why idllng timer increase in bases and safe cities? It is bullshit and i dont get it.

Because these places are safe, which means you could keep PvP multilogs in them. Especially bases
- they are perfectly safe, so you could idle with gear forever and you can place them right next to TC.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:53:41 am by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 39 queries.