"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:51:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Super Stimpak Injection Simulator  (Read 10820 times)

JovankaB

Re: Super Stimpak Injection Simulator
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 06:12:03 pm »

I don't ever remember such problem without SS bind, maybe just disallow it.

Then there could be cheaters with tools allowing them such binds.

Nerfing by making client interface less usable is very bad idea.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:29:18 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 06:34:05 pm »

Then there could be cheaters with tools allowing them such binds.

First time hearing about this.

Nerfing by making client interface less usable is very bad idea.

Because?

JovankaB

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 06:48:18 pm »

Because anything client side can be hacked and there isn't easy way to catch or prove it.
Because user interface should be easy to use and help you in play, not obstruct it.

Providing PvP balance by making something hard to click in interface instead on keyboard is utterly stupid idea.

Also, maybe if you played a bit longer you would know that there were some Russian tools in the past.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:51:28 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 06:55:18 pm »

Stimpack   - 2AP
SuperStim - 5AP

Sounds good.

Also being able to use FA or DOC in TB fight would be good.
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 06:55:37 pm »

To be honest! There sould be an overdosage! after the 2nd SS you take another and you have the chance of overdosage and die instantly what ever was your HP... The same goes for the regualr drogs... choos what drogs you take!!! if you take more than 2 then you have the chance that your die from the overdosage!

Maybe not die instantly but I like the idea of an OD-penalty.
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 06:57:26 pm »

Maybe not die instantly but I like the idea of an OD-penalty.

I think when overdosed, negative effects should stack, while positive effects shouldn't be applied at all.
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 06:57:52 pm »

Point taken.

Set a CD on bind then, it never did make sense how someone can stuff himself with so much SS anyway.
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 07:08:23 pm »

Point taken.

Set a CD on bind then, it never did make sense how someone can stuff himself with so much SS anyway.

It's easy, you have lots of them and you have lots of AP. But the truth is, if you take too many, there should be some consequences.

Reduced AP would be just fine. When you take SS, you get 30 seconds cooldown. If you take another SS in those 30s, your max AP will be reduced to 2/3 of your maximum for few minutes.
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 07:14:55 pm »

That's a bit extreme and not very effective, maybe some chance to "overdose" and knock yourself out or down. :)

Kidding, I think the penalties shouldn't be all so harsh anyway, even with reduced action point amount player can still spam them, a little bit slower, but he can, so that won't be a solution unfortunately.

Or maybe I'm not kidding, because if the "overdose" would drain one or two action points when knocking the player down, if the player has none he would be knocked out, that way stop spamming them. Dunno if it that is the right approach.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:26:02 pm by T-888 »

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 07:52:09 pm »

Woah woah woah! This is the first truly game system discussion I've seen where everyone has had interesting and useful input... Could this be the turning point? Well I for one am knocking on wood.

My suggestion is to remove the ss from the list of items easily stolen. Perhaps make it a hidden blocker, like brahmin hides, that only allows it to be looted on the NPCs death.

Also, I think a more expensive AP usage is defiantly in order, from a RP standpoint. A regular stim can simply be stabbed into the arm and the serum hits the blood system. The Super Stim has that weird neck brace thing and injects (from what I'm to understand) directly into the spinal cord.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 09:07:10 pm »

make SS unstealable? no no no no no no

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 09:08:34 pm »

make SS unstealable? no no no no no no
Por que senyor?Por que?
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 09:17:06 pm »

I seem to remember in Fallout 2 you could do assassinations with superstims, meaning if you injected too many the small amounts of damage from each would begin to stack and start acting like a serious poison. (Example: Getting hit with 60 - 100 damage might not be unreasonable if you've eaten 20 SS, so you would want to use less until the first doses begin to clear out of your character's system)

Remember too that the current game mechanic is leaning towards uberbuff encounters and high HP soaking is one of the few ways of dealing with the excessive amounts of damage this game throws at you. You can still get instakilled five ways from sunday even with SS usage.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:21:20 pm by Giftless »

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 09:24:21 pm »

I think it is not a bad idea. Like 10sec or something.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

JovankaB

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 09:38:10 pm »

Could be simply tiny FA cooldown when using healing drug, something like 600/FA seconds,
so with 300% FA you would have 2s with 100% 6s, with 50% 12s...
And the Medic perk halving them could apply, so doctors could go down to 1s cd with it.

And of course no using healing drugs if you have FA cd.

Although it would block drug healing if you used skill.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:41:06 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 29 queries.