"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:55:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Super Stimpak Injection Simulator  (Read 10822 times)

Re: Super Stimpak Injection Simulator
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 10:27:56 pm »

What about raising idling timer to 10 sec for each superstimpack ?

After all, your body is still recovering, you shouldn't be able to fight efficiently.

Or make the SS a progressive thing, instead of an instant thing ?
For instance, instead of getting 100hp in one second, you get 10hp on the first second, 10 more hp on the next one. So, to get 100hp you will have to wait 10 seconds. (or maybe more quickly, but still progressive)

JovankaB

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 11:08:35 pm »

What about raising idling timer

Idling Timer isn't for this and it shouldn't be used for things it's not for.
It's increased in situations where you can idle safely with combat-ready characters.

Applying it in random situations as some kind of general penalty would make no sense.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:13:08 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 12:15:11 am »

IDK this overdose stuff doesn't sound compelling. A risk for instant death is the wrong way to go. And I count "knockdown" to instant death too.

My suggestion is to remove the ss from the list of items easily stolen. Perhaps make it a hidden blocker, like brahmin hides, that only allows it to be looted on the NPCs death.

Also, I think a more expensive AP usage is defiantly in order, from a RP standpoint. A regular stim can simply be stabbed into the arm and the serum hits the blood system. The Super Stim has that weird neck brace thing and injects (from what I'm to understand) directly into the spinal cord.

Excuse me but.... What bullshit is this ?? RP standpoint ? No steal ?
This is not about making it unobtainable, it's about making it less OVERPOWERED. Making something more rare or more common doesn't automatically mean its going to be less or more powerful, all it leads to is more grinding. Stealing is already nerfed, don't screw it.
Don't try to nerf something cuz it just doesn't suit your economic interests, also keep your RP outta muh PVP.
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 04:10:54 am »

Yeah nerfing stealing more to make SS harder to get won't change people using them.  I'm not for the knockdown or insta-death, but a way harsher hit to HP, and maybe the AP reduction, along with overall healing decrease are all good ideas.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 05:38:27 am »

Or make the SS a progressive thing, instead of an instant thing ?
For instance, instead of getting 100hp in one second, you get 10hp on the first second, 10 more hp on the next one. So, to get 100hp you will have to wait 10 seconds. (or maybe more quickly, but still progressive)

Like poison but in reverse, you gain hps.  if it took 10 turns (in tb) to get your 100 hps, id be kool with that.  You shouldnt take 200 points of damage in a round and be able to shrug it of, damn! that left a mark!
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 01:14:35 pm »

Well, turning SS into a "hot" sounds interesting, but I think It won't solve anything. That would encourage spaming even more, I believe. You'd inject them up front hp losses, and while you reg nothing hinders you from shooting. Just shoot, inject 5 SS and shoot , inject 5 SS and so on.
 It will make you inflexible too, no chance to react on new situations or change tactics, if you ask me, the famous "BG tank in the middle doing nothing but swallowing SS" will be buffed instead of nerfed.
 UNLESS you have future sight, I think this is unpractical too. But maybe some more powerful healing drug that heals over time could be introduced ? Or changed to, let's say stimpacks healing the same amount of HP as Super Stims but slowly over time, That would be nice, they feel so obsolete atm.
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 02:43:02 pm »

Cooldown based on FA skill as Jovanka said, or gradual increase in hit points over time. None of this insta-healing miracle drug. SS should just offer you a chance to get to cover, not base your survival on it.
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 12:19:04 am »

I still think having the superstims poison you after using too many is the way to go. If you get hit with -100 HP intermittently after using twenty, you'll either be much frailer on the battlefield, or you'll be forced to switch to regular stims to keep you alive as the SS pass out of your system. The original fallout games already had this natural limitation on SS stim use, so why not implement an existing mechanic instead of reinventing the wheel?

Rage master

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 12:58:14 am »

because it isnt f2, and here all fights are more dynamics. ss are fine and dont take it away. i can understand u dont like situation when u shoot 1guy for 200+ damage and he have only 10hp left and he just ss himself before u can shoot with 3rd round and u have to reload and also eat ss. well u need to think how u can defeat him before u will shoot him, and i dont like idea of nerfing ss. maby we should nerf fa and doc? no fa and no doc if u dont have doc or first aid bag? ;D all ncr doctors and rgp players wonlt like it, arent they? well same pvp players dont like when non pvp people suggest how to balance pvp if they dont know how it works in bigger scale.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 02:00:53 am »

because it isnt f2, and here all fights are more dynamics. ss are fine and dont take it away. i can understand u dont like situation when u shoot 1guy for 200+ damage and he have only 10hp left and he just ss himself before u can shoot with 3rd round and u have to reload and also eat ss. well u need to think how u can defeat him before u will shoot him, and i dont like idea of nerfing ss. maby we should nerf fa and doc? no fa and no doc if u dont have doc or first aid bag? ;D all ncr doctors and rgp players wonlt like it, arent they? well same pvp players dont like when non pvp people suggest how to balance pvp if they dont know how it works in bigger scale.

Please enlighten us all on the "bigger scale" how popping SS repeatedly every round to keep you alive like red potions in diablo ][ is strategic tactical combat?
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Rage master

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 09:13:17 am »

Many weapons can deal almost 200+ damage in 2bursts after which u Have only few hp left. During large battles 15vs15 spmetimes u Have to be  a "wall"and u are taking serious damage for ur team. If we nerf ss all fights will be like hinkley. Boom shoot u 2times and u are dead no matter what u will do. All pvp will be changed who shooted someone first because That guy wont Have chance to heal himself. And many people will just hide to take 6ss to get their hp back. It isnt tactical shooter it is 2d game, how u can doc ur cripled limbs or heal ur radiation or Carry 1ton of stuff in ur pocket?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:15:48 am by Rage master »
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 10:36:03 am »

Many weapons can deal almost 200+ damage in 2bursts after which u Have only few hp left. During large battles 15vs15 spmetimes u Have to be  a "wall"and u are taking serious damage for ur team. If we nerf ss all fights will be like hinkley. Boom shoot u 2times and u are dead no matter what u will do. All pvp will be changed who shooted someone first because That guy wont Have chance to heal himself. And many people will just hide to take 6ss to get their hp back. It isnt tactical shooter it is 2d game, how u can doc ur cripled limbs or heal ur radiation or Carry 1ton of stuff in ur pocket?

Totally agree. Don't make pvp simmilar to hinkely because it will be a step back. Besides if you're a first person in a rape train or a small  rush usually most fire will focus on you, so without a proper way to quickly regain hp you will end up dead in no time.

avv

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 11:47:24 am »

Please enlighten us all on the "bigger scale" how popping SS repeatedly every round to keep you alive like red potions in diablo ][ is strategic tactical combat?

It's not alway strategic or anything, it's just something players have to do in pvp because there is no other choice. Like Rage Master explained, combat would be even dumber if there was no fast way to heal up fast. 2 bursts and everything except max hp tank is dead.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 12:16:47 pm »

well same pvp players dont like when non pvp people suggest how to balance pvp if they dont know how it works in bigger scale.
Well I would be glad to hear your explanation how it works in bigger scale, from a man who can't even decide with which forum alt will he post.

The suggestion has been made, Jovanka has a great idea to make FA more usable with which I agree. I hope this issue will be fixed in one way or another in the following updates, then we can resume our bickering in the update threads.

Rage master

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »

Fa wont change anything. It is just small hp boost. Try to wait 2min cd for another fa, and fa is random. Ss were are and will be good support for longer and more excited fights and i know some non pvp players dont like it because they cant kill 1gopd pvp tank with their crafters even when it is 3vs1.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.427 seconds with 30 queries.