"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 07:34:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Path Of Exile  (Read 8317 times)

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
Path Of Exile
« on: January 24, 2013, 03:19:06 pm »

This game is essentially a Diablo clone... but done right.  It's in OPEN BETA right now, and is a FREE TO PLAY title.

I've put about 5 hours into it so far... and from what I've seen so far.. it already blows diablo 3 out of the water... and may live up to Diablo 2 standards.

Come check it out, it's free after all!

If any of you decide to play, hit me up we'll join parties!

http://www.pathofexile.com/

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01JJZ2s9yM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01JJZ2s9yM</a>

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
Re: Path Of Exile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 04:09:33 pm »

Is it better optimized than in the previous (two week long) beta? the FPS got unbearably slow once I got inside the jungle.

PolarBear315

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 04:40:33 pm »

Looks cool.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 05:05:06 pm »

Its Diablo I with some interesting features... dont be ridiculous about being better than D3.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 06:35:11 pm »

Is it better optimized than in the previous (two week long) beta? the FPS got unbearably slow once I got inside the jungle.

The ONLY issue I am having that affects frame rate at all is server lag... which is to be expected on the first week or so of open beta. Servers are at capacity and shit like that... but for a free game and a 1-2 hour download.. this game can beat the shit out diablo

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:36:59 pm »

I played it a bit too, seems very cool to me. For sure beats the crappy Diablo III that I am thankful I haven't purchased like I initially planed to. I don't have any issues with framerates either, have everything maxed out and it runs as smooth as an elven arse. If someone wants to play in a party with a bit levelling, my username is Surf_Solar on the european realm.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 06:43:52 pm »

American realmers with microphones, CONTACT ME!

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 08:06:43 pm »

Sure its fun the first ACT, but when you start doing second ACT, you realize its the same, just with changed scenery and the game becomes very repetitive. You cant possibly judge something from just hearing about it (Diablo III) and by playing it a bit (PoE).

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 08:22:36 pm »

Sure its fun the first ACT, but when you start doing second ACT, you realize its the same, just with changed scenery and the game becomes very repetitive. You cant possibly judge something from just hearing about it (Diablo III) and by playing it a bit (PoE).

If you like hack and slashes this game is EXTREMELY satisfying... calling it "repetitive" is kinda obvious because it's a hack n slash type game.

SOOOO GOOOOOD0

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 08:51:30 pm »

Well I played Diablo 3's first act and couldn't finish it because it was so boring and different to what I liked in Diablo II (atmosphere, look of the game etc). In PoE so far I dont have this feeling, so its nice. Will see how it is in Act 2 as you say.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 08:55:51 pm »

Well I played Diablo 3's first act and couldn't finish it because it was so boring and different to what I liked in Diablo II (atmosphere, look of the game etc). In PoE so far I dont have this feeling, so its nice. Will see how it is in Act 2 as you say.

The grittiness of PoE brings me back to Diablo 1... I love it !!!!!!!

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 08:56:07 pm »

Also: ACT 2 has PVP!!!

Knife_cz

• Ah yes 'Reapers'. Get out of here stalker.
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 10:39:47 pm »

Yeah Path of Exile also called 'Real Diablo 3', I haven't played Diablo 3 so I can't tell - yet I played Diablo 1.
But yeah, its pretty nice if you enjoy Diablo or Titan Quest kind of games, been playing it together with one friend.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 11:33:01 pm »

Sure, even if its going to be a bad game, it still have its fans and supporters, mostly because its free so far (~FOnline). It just makes me laugh when everyone is criticizing D3 while praising PoE to heavens.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 11:53:07 pm »

It just makes me laugh when everyone is criticizing D3 while praising PoE to heavens.

Why?

D3 was a legitimately bad game... TERRIBLE....

Even the PvP in the BETA of this game is better than the actual gameplay of D3.

Just by looking at the inventory system of PoE, you can tell it's going to be a good game, returning us to our roots, while exploring new realms of possibilities when it comes to mix and matching classes and abilities.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.