"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 08:13:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Path Of Exile  (Read 8316 times)

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
Re: Path Of Exile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 12:08:01 am »

Why?

D3 was a legitimately bad game... TERRIBLE....
Was it ? Where did you get that from ? Did you even play it ? Citing from Wikipedia:

Before its release, the game broke several presale records and became the most pre-ordered PC game to date on Amazon.com.Diablo III subsequently set a new record for fastest-selling PC game by selling over 3.5 million copies in the first 24 hours of its release.It received generally positive reviews from critics...
Diablo III has received positive reviews from critics, attaining scores of 87.64% and 88/100 on aggregate review websites GameRankings and Metacritic.
More in the critical reception part of the wiki page.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 12:11:25 am »

It sold great based on hype, everyone I know who bought it complained that it was too short and half made. I personally haven't liked a blizzard game since starcraft so I never bothered with it. You can't trust the major critics because they are paid to give good reviews, anything that has a big budget behind it gets good press.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 12:17:14 am »

Because sales figures are always a sure fire way to tell if some game is good or not, let's remember fallout 3 and how "good" it was eh?

The entire development and release/the current state of the game (diablo III) is just one big fail.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 12:45:24 am »

It sold great based on hype, everyone I know who bought it complained that it was too short and half made. I personally haven't liked a blizzard game since starcraft so I never bothered with it. You can't trust the major critics because they are paid to give good reviews, anything that has a big budget behind it gets good press.
And who to trust ? Your friends ? I played both games and even though the release od D3 was hastened, numerous patches made it a solid game.

Because sales figures are always a sure fire way to tell if some game is good or not, let's remember fallout 3 and how "good" it was eh?

The entire development and release/the current state of the game (diablo III) is just one big fail.
Sales and criticism are the only measurable factors, what else do you want to consider ? Gossip ? Some community's opinion ? I posted that because according to LostSoul, D3 is a terrible game which is likely false.

Maybe F3 didnt appeal to hardcore Fallout community, but for an average Joe, the game was good and people were having fun playing it. Thus, the positive reception.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:57:23 am by Sarakin »

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 12:52:14 am »

And who to trust ? Your friends ? I played both games and even though the release od D3 was hastened, numerous patches made it a solid game.

I've heard the same things from fanboys about warcraft 3 (shit) and WoW (total shit). Personally I thought diablo 1&2 are shitty point and click adventure games with poorly planned skill trees, cheap recycling of enemies and lazy generated maps.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 01:00:38 am »

I've heard the same things from fanboys about warcraft 3 (shit) and WoW (total shit). Personally I thought diablo 1&2 are shitty point and click adventure games with poorly planned skill trees, cheap recycling of enemies and lazy generated maps.
Then its probably wiser to say, "I dont like that game/That kind of games" than "That game is just utter sheet!"

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 01:14:26 am »

Sarakin you're an idiot. what you cited, said it broke PRE ORDER sales...

I preordered in the hype that this game would be THE BEST dungeon crawler/hack n slash/action RPG...

IT WASN'T.... It was shit writing, shit gameplay, shit story telling, and shit game mechanics. I got to level 60 hoping they would fix the game, and they never did. Blizzard is down the shitter. And so yes, I stand by what I say about Diablo 3 being a completely shit game.
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 03:58:22 am »

Europe, Hardcore
Mona_Lisa_Overdrive

D3 was fine, monks could use buff.
F3 had few parts done better than F:NV, it was decent game, being it falloutish or not. Get over it.
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
irc V_guessWho

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 12:29:35 pm »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 04:17:19 pm »

Aside from the utter failure of Fallout 3 not having anythingro do with Fallout, how was it a decent game? It fails as a shooter because its so unresponsive and feels tacked on, it fails as an RPG aswell. Which parts of the game were "decent" again?

As for Sarakin, there are enough fora of unbiased/unpaid people giving their honest opinions about a game, in Diablo IIIs case it even had a demo. No reason at all to trust paid reviewers or people preordering the game (what kind of argument is this even...)

As for PoE, I'm in the second act now. Still fun, but using bows with two auras that stack, a few zombie followers and decoy totems feels a bit op, heh. Well its a beta.
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 04:22:43 pm »

I didn't leave home for 4 days when Fallout 3 hit, it was a decent game overall despite your failed expectations from previous fallout games.

Which parts of the game were "decent" again?

Hard to answer to that question, more like what was bad about it?

As a shooter it was fine, sure you couldn't dodge like in Unreal Tournament and strafe jump like in Quake3 and move very fast, didn't have much air control, but that doesn't mean it suddenly isn't a good shooter or that your movement isn't wooden, but more fluid and based on the environment, tackled ... what bullshit.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:33:11 pm by T-888 »

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 04:27:36 pm »

Alright, if this many cool things keep coming out, I will never be able to work on anything ever. Off to free up disk space for Path of Exile.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 04:32:48 pm »

Diablo 3 is a good game, most bad comments come from people who were stuck on inferno act1 or finished the game on normal and expected something more than hack & slash. Sure the game could be much better, but it's very playable, at least for me.

Diablo 2 and atmosphere? Surf, I don't know what you are talking about. D1 had good atmosphere, D2/D3 ... please.

Fallout 3? Well, I played it for an hour and uninstalled it. Maybe it would be a good game for me if it wasn't called Fallout.

Now I'm going to play PoE on HC a bit.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 04:47:01 pm »

Now I'm going to play PoE on HC a bit.

FUCK YEAH

Look out for when the "Cut throat" league drops..

Cut throat allows players to enter each others instances to kill you for your items!

MMO HARDCORE!

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 05:05:39 pm »

Wait, so it's like FOnline but Hack and Slash? Just go in somebody's life and ruin it?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.