"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:20:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fix gathering  (Read 10110 times)

Re: Fix gathering
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 06:31:38 pm »

Exactly, large factions standing guard to allow only their men or allies to reap the benefits of hq resources or resources in GENERAL.

It's been a year in this session, our faction from begging thought that we might need to control the resources, but we found out they spawn way too fast and it is too much effort, not sure how previously it was possible to control mines other than just camp there and be hostile, we just do it in towns.

In practice nobody controls mines and its resources, what has happened years ago is of no relevance as nothing suggest something might change suddenly.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 06:32:58 pm »

It's been a year in this session, our faction from begging thought that we might need to control the resources, but we found out they spawn way too fast and it is too much effort, not sure how previously it was possible to control mines other than just camp there and be hostile, we just do it in towns.

In practice nobody controls mines and its resources, what has happened years ago is of no relevance as nothing suggest something might change suddenly.

When we're discussing the reverting of a system back to the way it WAS.. YEAH IT'S  RELEVANT dude...

No one is talking about this session, READ THE POSTS before posting...

No one is talking about controlling mines with the current system. READ
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:41:34 pm by LostSoul »
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 06:39:57 pm »

No it is not, current system suggests that the players would be interested in denying resources for other players due to global pool, but previous session and before resources weren't globally restricted and were unlimited despite the character gathering timeout and there was less motivation to control them.

Now it makes no sense at all to let random people mine

It makes no sense, but it doesn't happen in practice and previous systems doesn't suggest otherwise therefore it is irrelevant to discuss it.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 06:44:42 pm »

No it is not, current system suggests that the players would be interested in denying resources for other players due to global pool

In theory, yes... but in practice we've all seen less population at the mines due to less alting and people knowing that the mines are MOST LIKELY depleted.

Previous system INCREASED population to mines. INCREASED crafting rates.. INCREASED player/faction interaction at mines as a result.

When I first started playing... as a lone player it was almost impossible to go into a mine to get HQ resources as a result of factions almost always guarding with mercs or players.
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 06:50:57 pm »

There is less population now than years ago,  also less alts used in mines and a system can't increase player and faction interaction by itself, current system proves it over the previous one, now that the player is more motivated than ever to control them it is not happening on a daily basis.

Previous system INCREASED population to mines. INCREASED crafting rates.. INCREASED player/faction interaction at mines as a result.

So, no it didn't, no it didn't and no it didn't.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 06:53:12 pm »

So, no it didn't, no it didn't and no it didn't.

As a new player how could you possibly attest to how the mining population was 2-3 years ago?

I know for a fact back then it was EXTREMELY hard to SAFELY mine with so many players alting/hogging the deposits.

Did you play when this video was made? If not, I highly doubt you realize how highly populated mines were in comparison to now.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP1YW0A-IU8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP1YW0A-IU8</a>

avv

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 07:00:25 pm »

Mining and gathering might as well be unlimited because players are limited by their personal time when it comes to obtaining stuff so trying to limit the gathering for those who are already limited is pointless. Hoarders will hoard no matter what.

Only thing that matters is "hoard to power value". A value I just came up with. It describes how much power you can instantly unleash on other players from your farmed items. It basically means how much you can harm other players by being simply very rich.
Mercs have very high hoard to power value. A single gun or armor has small value. Small is recommendable because the more equal players are in terms of how much raw power they can hold in their hands compared to how much stuff they have stored up, the better the game will be.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 07:17:09 pm »

As a new player how could you possibly attest to how the mining population was 2-3 years ago?

What year it was exactly?

http://i47.tinypic.com/abnq5h.gif
Chart made by JovankaB

How can I know, I gather and evaluate data, it is what I like to do.

I've talked with some very experienced players and long time ago there were just a lot of players and there was something to do, just because there were a lot of players. So, put more players in the same space and you will see players more frequently in mines, in cities etc. etc. and that brings possible activity to it, then players are motivated to camp and control mines or whatever even if it is not entirely doable, just because there is sufficient amount of players to interact with, even if it means killing them. Lots and lots of new players to kill, that is just a good reason for many players to camp those mines, but currently it is not, because there are not that many players visiting them, there is a lot less players playing in general so less chance for something like that to even happen.

I get back to square one, players never had and never will control mines in a sense you might think. To be crystal clear, not in a sense of controlling resources in it, the mining system has nothing to do with it.

I highly doubt you realize how highly populated mines were in comparison to now.

I do realize, much more players in the server and mines much more populated, how could I not imagine that?

As a new player

New player. Bi*ch please, it is irrelevant, logic beats time. :)

Where was I?

Oh yeah, current system is just better.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:32:12 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 07:43:28 pm »

He has a problem understanding this because it doesn't fit with what he thinks he already knows.

I'm pretty sure what LostSoul is talking about, are the instances where a group of people would "guard" the mine from PK's like me.  So players could mine with a little bit of safety.

They gained nothing from this, there was no reward system or game mechanic that supported it.  The only reason to do it was out of kindness.

Not to control resources, not to gain anything.
Iguana Pete's sister

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 07:47:04 pm »

He has a problem understanding this because it doesn't fit with what he thinks he already knows.

I'm pretty sure what LostSoul is talking about, are the instances where a group of people would "guard" the mine from PK's like me.  So players could mine with a little bit of safety.

They gained nothing from this, there was no reward system or game mechanic that supported it.  The only reason to do it was out of kindness.

Not to control resources, not to gain anything.
And there were times were PK factions would stand guard killing low level bluesuit miners.

Both sides did the same thing, and it added a changing world dynamic which was amazing.
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 07:48:51 pm »

Or out of hostility, I do understand.
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 07:49:32 pm »

And there were times were PK factions would stand guard killing low level bluesuit miners.

Both sides did the same thing, and it added a changing world dynamic which was amazing.

Well, of course.
Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 07:52:37 pm »

That is something I previously expressed.
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 07:53:41 pm »

That is something I previously expressed.

You also previously expressed that there was no need to control resources at mines, which was rarely if ever the intention.

Nice thread derailment, though.
Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 06:00:40 am »

400 ore is nothing.

I'd rather go inside a mine full of people killing all dem blewshuttss every 20 minutes than having to compete with obsessed crafters who will just keep carpets of whatever they use the ore for and never actually use the crafted stuff.

Your statements here don't make sense; first you're saying 400 ore in one shot isn't enough and second you're saying you can't compete with obsessive carpet-weavers. If I only use 400 ore with carpet and you use 800 ore without carpet in the same time period, then it is you who are the larger drain on the resource availability.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 18 queries.