"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 03:17:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Fix gathering  (Read 9373 times)

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Fix gathering
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:41:53 am »

Make gathering ores and resources unlimited again... Put the timer back, and make resources unlimited. The game was better back then. Who cares about "realistic", make it fun!

JovankaB

Re: Fix gathering
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:54:34 am »

I don't like the global limit for the ore either. It reduces all the interactions in the mines to shooting
everything that moves, because if they will get the ore then you won't. Maybe it was made to promote
competition, I don't know, but from my point of view it just made the game more primitive shooter.
I think players didn't really need any more incentives to kill each other in the mines.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:58:15 am by JovankaB »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:08:27 am »

Going back to last session's system could encourage people to create several miner alts, but I still prefer that over the current system because of what Jovanka said, and because it really sucks when you have only a few hours to play and you can't get materials :P
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 02:21:14 am »

Make gathering ores and resources unlimited again... Put the timer back, and make resources unlimited. The game was better back then. Who cares about "realistic", make it fun!
And change barter skill to gather skill, the more skill you have, the less time you wait

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 02:26:34 am »

So are you trying to say, that it was better back then, when you mined precious minerals/ore, gained 20m cd and were killed ?
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Gimper

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 02:28:51 am »

So are you trying to say, that it was better back then, when you mined precious minerals/ore, gained 20m cd and were killed ?
Exactly. MUCH better.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 05:52:25 pm »

So long as there is no timer for junk gathering... That's idiotic. The gather timer better simulates the ores running out for that particular player's instance.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 05:58:44 pm »

Yes, either hasten the respawn process or bring back the old system because mines right now are getting constantly depleted by the increased player base.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 07:37:03 pm »

And after the possible future wipe you won't be able to craft anything for the first weeks.
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 07:54:31 pm »

Yes, either hasten the respawn process or bring back the old system because mines right now are getting constantly depleted by the increased player base.

lol there is no increase in player base, it's just the usual no life's camping resources

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 11:40:25 pm »

Current system is fine; every time an unnecessary cooldown is introduced it just makes the gameplay jerkier. If I can hit a mine once for 400 iron ore, I won't have to visit it again for a long time which means reduced competition for other players.

Gimper

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 12:00:34 am »

.... no increase in player base.....
Are you crazy? A few moths ago the player base was like 40-60 on a good day. Now it's usually 120 players a day, sometimes more.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 12:04:04 am »

Are you crazy? A few moths ago the player base was like 40-60 on a good day. Now it's usually 120 players a day, sometimes more.

truth, but could be a lot of dual logs.

Gimper

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 04:18:55 am »

Could be, but why would all the players just start randomly duel logging now?
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 05:31:45 am »

My personal opinion is that I would like to see it go back to mining in random encounters.  Cave maps would be perfect for this.

Maybe a mix of both.  Resources depleting at public mines, and limited resources in random encounters.  It would give players more options, and the time it would take to find an encounter and collect the materials would stand in as a cool down.

Iguana Pete's sister

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 24 queries.